1. pyramus says:

There’s no reason to believe this will be any better than the usual celebuscents, but I kind of like Gaga, it’s a great bottle (basically a cross between the White Diamonds parfum bottle and Mugler Alien), and the black juice is a fun idea, so I am going to have to give this a sniff. Also, apricots.

The reports I’ve read so far say it is the usual fruity floral, but I have not smelled it yet. I do love the print ad!

2. justawatcher says:

Creepy.

3. BChant says:

A black perfume is for sure intriguing. If I were marketing this, I would be terrified people would think it stains though. .

4. peter says:

Very Alexander McQueen…

5. Lys says:

I’m worried that, hidden behind a facade of gimmicks and pyrotechnics, the perfume itself will be empty. Just like the black soul of fame.

Which is a shame because, behind the mask of ultraslick videos, sci-fi couture and Madonna references, there seems to be a hard-working performer that makes good music.

In other words, it doesn’t matter what’s in the bottle. But would Lady Gaga want more people to think about *her* that way?

Please please prove me wrong, Coty. At least, make this smell semi-good?

6. Lys says:

BTW I like this video. It is as it should be. The print ad, meh. Without the little people it looks like Burberry Body. Without the Lady it looks like McQueen Kingdom.

7. OhLily says:

Love the ad!

Some years ago I watched an episode of America’s Next Top Model with my son’s girlfriend. They were doing a shoot in the rain with a perfume that sprayed on bright blue and then disappeared, so you know I just had to go try to find out something about it online. Turned out it was by Boudicca, and called Wode(Paint) edt. The pasted blurb below is cut&pasted from the luckyscent website:

” Wode (Paint) – Eau de Toilette
    This is the lighter version of the Wode (Scent) and it’s a true collectible. Paint comes packaged in the manner of modern war paint – a spray can, a nod to guerrilla street artists, with a sterling silver label tied with black silk. In the can is the magical juice that is bright cobalt blue when it is first applied and then…vanishes. Magical, mystical and fierce. Whether you are having a Braveheart moment, or just need to add a little wonder to your day – Wode (Paint) is just the thing.”

Le phooey.

• Lys says:

I saw the Wode perfume featured on the Hoda/Kathy Lee part of the Today show a year or two ago – that’s pretty mainstream! – so these Gaga “new” technology claims are like the claims that Born This Way was a “new” song.

• OhLily says:

Oh, it gets better! Here’s what it says about Wode and it’s notes:

“Wode (Scent) – Eau de Parfum
        As fabulous as the whole blue thing is, the most wonderful thing about Wode is the scent itself, with its play of dark and light – soft musk and dry spice and brooding BLACK HEMLOCK(the caps are mine). The EDP is the more intense version of the Wode fragrance with a higher concentration of rare oils– and of course, formulated without any blue paint.

Wode (Scent) Notes
        Juniper, Cardamon, Nutmeg, Clary Sage, Corriander, Angelica Root, Saffron, Tonka Bean, Styrax, Amber, Treemoss, Musk, Leather

Perfumer
        Geza Schoen

It’s sold out on luckyscent. I don’t know if I’m allowed to link here when I quote, but you can see it by going directly to http://www.luckyscent.com and searching for ‘ Wode’.

8. The “Haus Laboratories” conceit annoys me for some reason – I think because it serves to further obscure there was an actual perfumer (or perfumers) that created Fame?

9. basia says:

Curious as to what tears of belladonna smell like!

10. YellowLantern says:

I like the video ad. It’s quirky and doesn’t take itself too seriously.

The print ad is just yet another ad selling me sex.

11. Jernero says:

The ad is so unusual and creepy. A little too creepy. LOL! I think I’ll die inside if Fame smells like a typical celebrity fragrance. LOL!

12. I know I sound like a broken record, but please please please subtitle people, it is “its” not “it’s” ARGHHH! You would think that the marketing people for Gaga would have noticed this by now.