Issey Miyake Pleats Please ~ new perfume

Issey Miyake Pleats Please fragrance bottle

Issey Miyake will launch Pleats Please, a new perfume honoring the Pleats Please fashion collection the brand established in 1989. The women's fragrance is meant to be playful, happy and optimistic.

Pleats Please is a fruity floral developed by perfumer Aurelien Guichard; notes include Nashi pear, peony, patchouli and vanilla.

Issey Miyake Pleats Please will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

(via  parfum-femme.prime-beaute)

Update: additional notes include apple, sweet pea, cedar and white musk. It will launch in August, but will not reach the US until 2013.

1. littlecooling says:

It does sounds a bit interesting. Mostly the bottle. The notes is a bit la la…pear is not really a fave not in a perfume, for me.

I adore the bottle. Pear usually = shampoo for me. I’ll certainly try it though.

• littlecooling says:

I agree. Pear is to much shampoo’ish. This is worth trying out, coz of the adoring bottle. Perhaps Aurelien Guichard has a way to twist those notes, so we might like it? :D

2. kaos.geo says:

Léau D´Issey, Le Feu D´Issey, Léau Bleue and A Scent …..

They don´t have that many “front end” lines (and Feu /bleue were female/male only).
    So I am very excited for this one!
    Totally from the left field…I wasn´t expecting it. :-D

It is true, the brand has recently mostly coasted along on flankers, other than A Scent, which to my mind was not distinctive enough. Hopefully this one will be better.

3. Rictor07 says:

That bottle is hideous. It looks like a box of tissues in my grandparents house that they put some bedazzled homemade cover on. The name is retarded too. Pleats dont translate from fabric into fragrance.

LOL! I love the bottle, but also love your description.

4. Racine says:

I saw the bottle and looks pretty cute. I didnt detect any pear (not my favourite note )in the juice though! It was kind of coco Mademoiselle to me..

5. Racine says:

Yes, not miyake at all. But I tried so briefly that I can’t decide wheter
    I like it or not

6. rina8701 says:

I have this perfume and completely love it :)

7. jonr951 says:

This one smells like a nail salon to me. I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing. Haha!

• jonr951 says:

I should have said hair salon what with the pear and peony. Haha! Not sure you should go looking for this one Robin. But you never know. It’s definitely not as shampoo-y as Pulse or others. : )

Good to know, I was planning to go looking for it eventually! I really like the bottle.