Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue ~ new fragrance

Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue

Thierry Mugler has launched Alien Essence Absolue, a new variation on 2005's Alien fragrance:

Fusing notes of amber, floral and vanilla, this luxurious scent is a must-have for the modern woman. Alien Essence Absolue follows on from the success of Thierry Mugler’s Alien and Alien Eau de Toilette fragrances, and is designed to complement and complete the set.

Additional notes include jasmine, heliotrope, myrrh and cashmeran wood; Alien Essence Absolue was developed by perfumer Dominique Ropion.

Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue is available in 30 and 60 ml refillable Eau de Parfum.

(quote via selfridges, additional information via condenast-profesional.es)

1. APassionateJourney says:

Can’t wait to test this! Hope the Jasmine doesn’t dominate like it does in all of the other Alien fragrances

I would be surprised if it didn’t, but haven’t tried it. Not a huge Alien fan.

2. Marjorie Rose says:

I hope I don’t offend by being so risque, but the lower half of that bottle looks like a woman’s hind-end peaking from some tight undergarments . . . I find it very distracting!

Ha, so it does!

• CM says:

Hahaha! Now that’s all I see!

Nonetheless, I still want to sniff this in hopes that the heliotrope can be detected.

• Marjorie Rose says:

Sorry!

I like heliotrope, too, but I don’t expect this will be for me. Not an Angel or Alien fan.

• eminere says:

The bottom is a little voluptuous isn’t it…

• Marjorie Rose says:

Yup! Don’t get me wrong, I can appreciate a voluptuous bottom, but somehow I suspect it wasn’t the look they were going for! :)

• poodle says:

Maybe it was the look they were going for. It a very suggestive bottle if you really look at it.

• Marjorie Rose says:

You may be right! I remember hearing years ago that all the ice you ever see in a Coke ad is fake, and if you look closely enough, you’ll find some ice cubes that are more suggestive. After years of careful data collection (!), I believe this was an urban myth, but it did stick in my brain that marketers would have an advantage if they can suggest and imply rather than always being overt.

• eminere says:

I was going to say the bottom half resembled a ball sac…

3. Lys says:

That bottle is hideous. Looks like some new type of pokemon, one the kids don’t want to trade for.

4. Timothy says:

How many Alien-flankers are they going to make… I mean enough already, no?

I’m sure they will keep going so long as they keep selling.

5. Subhuman says:

Smelled this the other day, and it’s quite good. Less jasmine-centric than the original, with a stronger focus on caramel and vanilla; it starts out almost gourmand, then gets more floral/woody as it progresses. At various points in its development it reminded me of the original Alien, then of Dior Addict, then of Givenchy Organza. (Huh?) It’s sweeter and a bit “safer” than the original, and I can’t picture it ruffling many feathers, particularly for a Mugler. Well-done, though.

• Subhuman says:

FYI, the bottle looks (slightly) less goofy in person.