Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto ~ new perfume

actress Jessica Chastain

Yves Saint Laurent will launch Manifesto in August. The new fragrance for women is described as "spontaneous and free-spirited", and will be fronted by actress Jessica Chastain.

Manifesto features notes of jasmine, lily of the valley, blackcurrant, cedar, sandalwood, vanilla and Tonka bean.

Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto is not expected to reach the US until 2013. I will update with sizes, an image of the bottle and fragrance concentration when I can.

(via moodiereport, wwd)

Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto perfume bottle

Update: Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto was developed by perfumers Anne Flipo and Loc Dong. Additional notes for the woody floriental fragrance include bergamot and green notes. It will be available in 30, 50 and 90 ml Eau de Parfum.

Another update: see a review of Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto.

1. Nile Goddess says:

Jessica definitely looks spontaneous and free-spirited – reminds me of Julianne Moore a bit.

Love both tonka bean and lily of the valley, but separately …

And blackcurrant is the new pink pepper.

• prism says:

had the same thought re blackcurrant. at least it smells yummier than pink pepper…

2. jonr951 says:

2013?! Goodness! I haven’t absolutely loved any YSL women’s fragrances so here’s hoping Manifesto will change that. : )

We are no longer anybody’s primary market, sad but true!

3. littlecooling says:

I love some of the old scents like Opium, Rive Gauche, In Love Again (the original) and Nu, but the new Saharienne, isn’t one I care about. I think this sound a bit tame…but I kinda look forward to see the bottle..

They haven’t done anything I loved recently, although I did like Parisienne.

4. loempia says:

Manifesto is not really a special name. Isabella Rossilini has launched long time ago her first perfum under this name.

5. thenoseknows says:

Hopefully it is better than Saharienne which i hear was AWFUL! although i never smelled it so have no Imperical Evidence to speak of!

6. Nlb says:

I won’t buy or test a fragrance that brand makes us wait 6 months – a year longer for, than other markets. If my business isn’t worth courting on an equal level with other markets, I’ll take it elsewhere.