Rochas Les Cascades de Rochas ~ new fragrance

Rochas Les Cascades de Rochas

Rochas will launch Les Cascades de Rochas Eclat d’Agrumes, a new fresh scent for women inspired by a Parisian fountain in summer, in May.

Les Cascades de Rochas was developed by house perfumer Jean-Michel Duriez; notes include Sichuan pepper, mandarin, bergamot, pineapple, mango, white flowers and musk.

Rochas Les Cascades de Rochas Eclat d’Agrumes will be available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

(via wwd)

1. maggiecat says:

So pineapples and citrus fruits can be found in fountains in Paris in May? May is “summer” ? Who knew?

Sorry. In a snarky mood today. This may well be a delightful scent. Just not feelin’ it….

• poodle says:

Maggiecat, I thought the same thing when I saw pineapple and mango. Lol. Not my idea of a Parisian fountain.

Well, you don’t want stale water & algae, LOL…

2. Ericgmd says:

Ahh the curse of the house of Rochas under P&G. They will never get the name and reputation back.
    How sad…

They certainly don’t seem to be taking any bold moves in that direction, do they? Then again, I didn’t even smell Muse.

• Ericgmd says:

Robin, it’s always a bad sign when you search for a fragrance on Ebay and you don’t find any.
        Try to do an Ebay search for the 2 words “Muse Rochas” (in any category)
        Muse may very well have been discontinued already.

• annemarie says:

You are right about the eBay search. How weird. It is not on the Rochas website either. Muse must have come and gone within a blink of the eye. Well, well, I’ll try and sample this new one.

Oh, but I don’t think they brought Muse to the US at all. And not sure they’ll bring this one either.

3. Anne from Makeupwoot says:

They had me with the pepper and mandarin, lost me on pineapple and mango, and had me groaning at white musk.

4. nancyg says:

As long as they keep making Eau de Rochas I don’t care if they make anything else…

• Emily says:

Yes, and Femme!

• Emily says:

(I now own enough backup bottles of Byzance that I’ve come to terms with its discontinuation.)

5. Dilana says:

A note on sichun peppers. The real sichun peppers (which I doubt is what is in the juice) is not related to the “hot” peppers used in Mexican cuisine. It has a smoky smell, and can be a stimulant. It is the key flavoring in a famous dish called “Pock Mocked Woman’s tofu” (supposedly after the street vendor who developed it), a delicious sort of Chinese chili.
    It does not evoke Parisian Fountains or white flowers.