J Del Pozo Halloween Man ~ new fragrance

J Del Pozo Halloween Man

Spanish fashion house J Del Pozo will launch Halloween Man in September. The new oriental fragrance is the masculine counterpart to 1997's Halloween for women.

Night has its own scent. Can you smell it? It is a second skin. Or is it the first? Apple Martini comes out followed by an aphrodisiac ginger heart, finishing with sexy leather. No, do not open your eyes, yet. The night also conceals deeper aromas of musks, woods and cinnamon.

Additional notes include violet leaves, basil, mandarin, lavender, orange blossom, grey amber and vanilla.

J Del Pozo Halloween Man will be available in 75 and 125 ml, concentration unknown.

(via tfwa)

1. Omega says:

I only sniffed Halloween for her once and thought it was interesting to the point where I think I liked it, don’t remember. But apple martini and cinnamon don’t sound appealing to me.

It’s not my style, but it’s very popular.

• KateReed says:

They don’t sound particularly traditional-ad-swagger-masculine either, do they? It’s almost like saying “masculine candied violet and sugared rose” in your ad copy.

2. peter says:

I’m waiting for “Thanksgiving…pour homme”.

• lucasai says:

This! When that day comes, it will be the end of the world! Really!

LOL!

3. Omega says:

Many guys might like that one! Lol:). With notes of turkey and gravy..it’s sure to please any man.

• NinaraPoll says:

I’m still waiting for the “Taco Bell: Bacon Gordita” scent ;)

NP

4. Dilana says:

Apple Martini, sexy leather, ginger? Sounds more like a spring break in South beach than Holloween.

5. Anne from Makeupwoot says:

Wow, a “mens” fragrance and not a trace of bergamot? How is this possible?! I may have to give this a sniff.

No reason to think there’s no bergamot though.

• Anne from Makeupwoot says:

Agreed, but I’m still hoping. I actually have nothing against the note, but it’s so exhausting to see it every single time.

6. twinpeaker says:

It sounds like a horror movie title. Did something get lost in translation? Does Halloween have different connotations in Spain than in America? A very strange choice of name….

7. FragrantWitch says:

I so want these to smell like Halloween! Grrrr….a Halloween fragrance should either be incense, crypts, applewood smoke and burning leaves (my preference) or sweet like candy with notes of candy corn, toffee apples, and synthetic plastic mask accord. Don’t these people know anything!!?? Aarrgghh.

Thanks for letting me vent! ;-)

• ChocolatEyes613 says:

Or all of those note together!

• teri says:

Ooh Ooh OOOH I’d definitely buy that – burning leaves, applewood smoke, incense, crypts and caramels – yummy!

8. juicejones says:

The inside of a Halloween mask is a little bit Bvlgari Black. Not the best part of Halloween.
    If a man told me he was wearing a fragrance called Halloween Man, I would make a face at him and excuse myself to go refresh my drink. And, I don’t even drink.

• olenska says:

If a man told me he was wearing a fragrance called Halloween Man, I’d ask him if by chance his name was Michael Myers. Then back away slowly. :)

9. UlfJohn says:

The marketing for Halloween Man is well…..kinda spooky (sorry folks). It comes across as a cheap kid scent.
    That being said I’m dying to try this one because JDP’s other male frangrances have CRAZY ‘notes’ to them but they work and have kind of reached a cult status (esp. Quasar). I’m back in Mexico the end of next month and I’m hoping I can at least find it to try on (I never see JDP fragrance here in the states but I find it all over various department stores in Mexico).
    Quasar was supposed to invoke a fresh newspaper. Yes…that’s correct….but everybody I know who has tried it has stuck with it….including me.