Eau d’Italie Un Bateau Pour Capri ~ new fragrance

Eau d'Italie Un Bateau Pour Capri

Italian niche line Eau d'Italie will launch Un Bateau Pour Capri, a powdery fresh floral fragrance inspired by the famous guests — Grace Kelly, Liz Taylor and Jackie Kennedy — of the owner's Positano hotel, Le Sirenuse.

Un Bateau Pour Capri was developed by perfumer Jacques Cavallier; notes include peony, freesia, peach, jasmine, rose, heliotrope, solar wood,* cedar and musk.

Eau d'Italie Un Bateau Pour Capri will be available in 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

(via extrait.it)

* The Italian is "legno solare" — I'm not sure what the correct translation is.

1. sweetchris says:

The worst bottle since Ed Hardy’s Skull’s and Roses For Him.

It is the line’s standard bottle. I am not fond of it, but don’t hate it either.

• Dilana says:

I have one of their line. The fragrance is pretty. I rather like the bottle, and opaque glass is better for the juice inside.

2. AnnE says:

Sounds pretty enough, but this line just lost their “niche” status with me. That note list could describe a dozen celebrity scents released lately.

With a couple exceptions, they tend towards “light and pretty” anyway, to me, at least — but they usually do a good job.

3. sayitisntso says:

Don’t be too hard on them. It still might be sniff-worthy. If there’s one thing I’ve learned when I started reading NST is that list of notes they choose to highlight in a fragrance is rarely indicative of every single component. I can only hazard a guess that sometimes they call out the ‘tried and true’ notes that everyone is familiar with.

It is true, lists of notes can be very deceiving.

4. Ikat says:

I’m pretty crazy about their fragrances (see my comment about their video).

I’ll be buying this for sure. The bottles are a bit industrial, but I have to say they store very easily because they are square, so I can appreciate that utilitarian side of them. Not everything needs to be a VCA Feerie bottle.

• lise says:

I am crazy about their perfumes too! And excited to smell this one. Guess I must visit my favorite perfume store tomorrow, and see if this juice has arrived Oslo. Jardin du Poete and Au Lac from this line are both so lovely, I think.

• I haven’t realised they made their square! I have a round bottle of Sienne l’Hiver which I think is Duchaufour’s best fragrance.

5. Joe says:

This feels very soon after the launch of Jardin du Poete. Not complaining, but it seems their speeding up their launch schedule along with everyone else — if it’s only one per calendar year though, that’s better than most! I can’t stand lines anymore that launch three — or six, or more — scents per year!

• nozknoz says:

I know – I read about the new scents by Hilde Soliani yesterday and though, OH NO!!! I haven’t even tested all of the first six or eight HS samples that I ordered yet, let alone had a chance to decide if I need any of them.

I’m feel I’m getting in a rut with lines and noses whom I know I love just because I can’t face the explosion of launches and lines. And I’ll buy Seville a l’Aube as much because it means something to me as how wonderful it is. There are even too many wonderful things to choose from!

6. nozknoz says:

It’s funny how I’ve smelled and loved so many perfumes by some noses (like Calice Becker and Bertrand Duchaufour), and almost nothing by others who’ve also done many perfumes, including some famous and notable ones. His Rochas Absolu is commendable as a cheap thrill, and Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet is a hideous scrubber. So I’ll give this a sniff if I get a chance but it’s not on my lemming list.

7. How many fragrances inspired by Grace Kelly have come out in the last two years? yeesh.

8. cinnamonster says:

I actually like the bottle. Sounds fairly boring though. I kind of imagine Grace Kelly smelling like Insolence or Fendi Palazzo.