Givenchy Very Irresistible Givenchy Electric Rose ~ new fragrance

Very Irrésistible Givenchy Electric Rose

Givenchy will launch Very Irrésistible Givenchy Electric Rose in March. The new fragrance for women is a flanker to 2003's Very Irrésistible Givenchy and is fronted by actress Liv Tyler.

Very Irrésistible Givenchy Electric Rose is an aromatic floral, and features notes of blueberry, lemon zest, anise rose, green violet, cedar and musk.

Very Irrésistible Givenchy Electric Rose will be available in 50 and 75 ml Eau de Toilette.

(via fashionmonitor, vogue.co.uk)

1. annunziata says:

I am awfully fond of roses, but my olfactory imagination stalls a bit here, wondering what this could possibly be like. Maybe it’s the blueberry, and the anise rose,,, I’m curious now, so will have to sniff!

I have not yet seen a good description for this…all the press is focusing on Liv Tyler. So I will be no help!

2. Omega says:

I love that bottle:D. I just happened to put on Givenchy VI L’Intense on right before I read this. I do really like Givenchy, I hope this is way better that Lancome’s Midnight Rose! Eck! How many VI flankers will there be you think? Lol. Anise rose does sound appealing.

I am not a big fan of VI, but obviously, many people are! They sure do keep the flankers coming.

3. Omega says:

Well I should say I really like that bottle, lol..not sure if I love it.. but I like the silver roses:D.

4. maggiecat says:

This list of notes sounds pretty resistable to me, actually – though that won’t stop me from giving it a sniff when I see it!

5. Celestia says:

I tried it a month ago and only remember that I quite liked it. The bottle is stunning! It is snow white at the top (like the box) and the bottom of the bottle is clear, the whole with emblazoned roses similar to the VIG L’Intense rose. Yes, it’s just another flanker to confuse customers but at least Givenchy had the presence of mind to completely change the colours. There will be no summer flankers this year with this launch and that of Play Sport instead.

6. Nlb says:

Sounds like someone working on “Electric Rose” was inspired by Parfums DelRae “Bois de Paradis”. Even the cedar stands-in for the piney, “woodsmoke” notes.

7. Nile Goddess says:

We already have this in Europe and it’s a bit too quiet to be electric – maybe it’s unplugged?

Givenchy Very Irresistibe is wonderful as a summer flanker, at least I like it more than the usual versions, but that may be because the summer version contains mint. Those hot summer days just scream for mint, and usually Herba Fresca does the deal, but it makes me feel like my own great-aunt – the herbalist one. Very Irresistible Summer Cocktail makes me feel “like a natural woman” :-D