Ed Hardy Skulls & Roses ~ new fragrances

Ed Hardy Skulls & Roses

Ed Hardy will launch Skulls & Roses, a new fragrance duo inspired by Hardy's skull & rose tattoo design, in September.

Skulls & Roses for Her ~ a “warm and sugary” scent with strawberry, violet leaves, honeysuckle and caramel.

Skulls & Roses for Him ~ a “fresh, ozonic” scent with bergamot, cardamom, lavandin, moss and musk.

The fragrances were developed by perfumers Marypierre Julien and Adriana Medina. I will update with sizes and concentrations when I can find them.

(via wwd)

Update: Skulls & Roses for Her is in 100 ml Eau de Parfum; Skulls & Roses for Him is in 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Another update: see a review of Skulls & Roses for Her.

1. nathanthomas50 says:

wow – are those the bottles?!!?! presume you take the top of the skull off to spray !

2. xendawg says:

A perfect gift for the Hot Topic addict in your life who does not mind smelling like hell, I suppose :^)

HA! I’m actually fine with the general idea, but they look too cheap. Who knows, maybe they’ll look better in person.

3. Apparently says:

Please oh please let it be like the Omnia bottles, so that when you press down on the skull the juice sprays out of the nasal cavity.

Seriously, if it was an opaque ceramic skull bottle (afraid this is plastic) that sprayed through the nose, I would HAVE to buy it.

4. Ikat says:

Looks like the dome above the eyebrows flips open. Cheap and creepy. Should do well with the usual Ed Hardy trash-loving crowd.

I think you’re right. Shame, I’ve really liked some of their bottles.

5. thegoddessrena says:

Warm and sugary? Shouldn’t the woman’s version be in a dia de Los Muertos sugar skull? That would be really cool–bottle and contents would be in harmony

• Marjorie Rose says:

Yes! And they could do a flanker called “offrenda!”

• Julia says:

Right there with you. I can’t imagine why they didn’t go with a sugar skull. I don’t know a lot about tattoos but I did see Kat Von D do a sugar skull motif on Eric Balfour one time. It also reminds me of those skull shaped alcohol bottles. Tequila or vodka? I don’t remember.

6. alextang2k says:

love both bottles …….. but ED HARDY perfumes not lasting ……..

7. Kelly Red says:

The only thing worse would be if they were solid perfumes and you took the top of the skull off and rubbed your finger in the “brains”.

• FragrantWitch says:

Lol, actually that would be good for lipgloss!

8. halimeade says:

Poor Ed Hardy… CA has really dragged his name through the mud hardcore : /

He sold his name — I’m sure he’s sobbing all the way to the bank!

• KateReed says:

I thought he was dead and the family/estate was kind of pissed about all this stuff? Maybe I’m thinking of someone else.

9. FragrantWitch says:

Why put sweet cr*p in skull bottles- cool idea totally wasted.

• KateReed says:

Yeah, it should be dark, smoky, earthy and incensey. And kind of evil. And maybe syrupy and resiny. And a little more evil. And downright dirty as in “skank in a graveyard.” And cold. And even more evil. (and there should be a cannabis note in there somewhere.)

• Marjorie Rose says:

Precisely my response! I want resinous, earthy, a hint of decay!. . .

• nozknoz says:

Basically, vintage Narcisse Noir!

10. poodle says:

The bottles do look cheap and plasticky, but they remind me of a liquor (not sure if it’s vodka or tequila) but it comes in a glass skull bottle which is actually pretty cool looking. I bet people buy it just for the bottle.

• Emily says:

Heh, we have a bottle of that vodka (it’s called Crystal Skull, I think). Husband bought it a while ago solely because he thought the bottle was awesome. It came in a gift set with a couple of skull-shaped shot glasses. The booze is acceptable for mixing, but really, it’s all about the packaging.

I also see tequila in ceramic Dia de los Muertos skulls from time to time; Costco had a bunch of them around that holiday.

11. ZHABEYCH622 says:

VERY INTERESTING!!! ROBIN WHERE DO YOU FIND THESE UPCOMING FRAGRANCES? I LOVE THIS WEBSITE!!

You can always see where I got the info at the end of the post, in this case (via wwd), so it came from Women’s Wear Daily, link in the article

12. Paisley Flowers says:

Um, wow. That is all I can say! :O

13. basia says:

I am a radiologic technologist and collect items with skulls on them but I will be passing on this!
    Poodle- it is vodka in a glass skull-didn’t buy that but was more tempted by thatbottle than this Ed Hardy!

14. RavynG says:

yuk and….yuk.

15. nozknoz says:

I can’t believe they are putting a “fresh ozonic” scent in a skull (and probably the black one, at that)! Skulls and ROSES, people! What are they thinking?!?!?

• Marjorie Rose says:

Oh, I don’t know. When I think fresh, clean, effortlessly sexy, I think about cemeteries and funerals. Don’t you? *blinks innocently*

16. COSMICSCENTS says:

The black one looks like the new Jean Paul Gaultier fragrance for men.

17. jonr951 says:

My friend at Nordstrom said they’re getting these two. I hope the bottle looks good in person. She said she got a kick out of them when she saw them. : )

18. Jernero says:

Wow. I’m just seeing this. I’m a fan of Ed Hardy’s first male fragrance, but this fragrance bottle looks so tacky. Really tacky. When I think of skulls, I think of death. No gracias.