Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue ~ new fragrance

Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue

Atelier Cologne has launched Ambre Nue, the line's seventh fragrance:

We were staying in the mountains when we met them. She told us about a mysterious flower. He told us where we might find it. The next morning, near the top of the crest, in a moment, a scent seduced us. It was so unexpected and magical: A single flower capturing the wildest ambery bouquet.

The notes feature green mandarin, bergamot, tajete, orchid nigritella rubra, cinnamon, benzoin, labdanum, patchouli and tonka bean

Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue is available in 30 or 200  ml Cologne Absolue ($70 / $185); the larger size can be found now at Luckyscent in the US.

(via luckyscent)

1. Absolute Scentualist says:

A nice little chuckle first thing in the morning. That ad copy… Seriously?

All ridiculousness aside, I’d like to give this a try. Atelier is a house that really intrigues me and I haven’t tried any of their offerings yet, but they get a lot of love.

The brand is worth trying, although I admit I regret the 2 small bottles I bought.

2. dee says:

Oh, I like Atelier! Bummed that the price has gone up on the small size, but still looking forward to trying this :)

I have not checked to see if it’s a general raise or if they’re just charging more for this one.

3. Dilana says:

I really love this brand; everything they make is high quality, less than exorbitantly priced, and long lasting. (Plus they always show up at Sniffapooloza and seem to be nice folks).

But really, as Absolute Scentualist, noted, the ad copy is ridiculous. If you were looking for a single source of an amber scent, wouldn’t it be on a (19th Century) beach scavanging for whale vomit, not in the mountains?
    And why does the frangrance use 10 major notes rather than that “mysterious single flower” with the ambery scent?

I’m assuming the flower is the nigritella rubra? Although that’s sometimes called the vanilla orchid.

4. plume says:

Luckyscent’s website has zero mention of this brand, so I went to the Aftelier site (unfortunately it is a very poorly constructed and confusing site) and not so much as a mention of “Ambre Nue” either. Tried the search function and all. Also, what is a cologne absolute? Never heard of such thing, and her website doesn’t seem to clarify. Regardless, I’d love to try Aftelier perfumes one day, hopefully soon.

5. RusticDove says:

Can’t wait to try this one. Every Atelier I’ve tried, I like. Very much. Especially Vanille Insensee.

6. Emily says:

Have never tried anything from this line, but this does sound nice — tagetes make me happy.

7. Tama says:

Well, it sounds nice, and I’ll try it. but so far none of these have worked for me, not even Vanilla Insensee. Sad, because I have had high hopes. Maybe this one will be the charm.

8. dolcesarah says:

I haven’t tried this brand/line. But I did want to shout out LOUD, when I got my BYREDOs. I have Bal d’ Afrique, and SEVEN VEILS. I love to order or bring two bottles from the same maker. Compare and contrast. I love to do this. Anyone that can, it’s $220 for a large bottle, yikes, but I like the line better than Amouage, there, I said it. Deal…you’ll be ecstatic about any of the scents, Barney’s carries these and I think they are from Amsterdam. Enjoy

• nozknoz says:

dolcesarah, I’m intrigued by Seven Veils – I think it was The Non-Blonde who gave it a wonderful review.