1. peter says:

Ahhhh…remember the good old days when mature people could be seen on perfume advertising???

The market is so different now! Madonna will be an interesting test case — that will be the first “mature” celebrity fragrance we’ve seen in a long while.

• Marjorie Rose says:

I don’t mind “mature” spokespeople, but seriously, isn’t he at least 2 decades her senior? Makes me feel all ooky inside!

2. BChant says:

I really liked that commercial! Linda Evans is so beautiful. By most people’s standards, I suppose its a little cheesy, but I love how elegant and warm it is. Thanks for posting!

• mutzi says:

Maybe a little cheesy, but I will take tributes to love over sleazy sex every time. I guess I’m living in another century.

It’s no more cheesy than Dynasty, LOL…which I watched avidly for years.

• BChant says:

You have a good point there! LOL. Hey, Dynasty was good entertainment, that is all that counts in the end.

3. Perfume Sniffer says:

I love your comment:
    “sharing their bespoke fragrance with the 99%” !!

It’s so cheesy, but innocent and nice. My, my, how we have become so lurid and sex crazed the past 15 years.

Looking back, it was incredibly innocent — even w/ all the crazy plot twists.

4. Brava97 says:

My then-boyfriend (now husband of 15 years) gifted me with a bottle of Forever Krystle the Christmas of ’88 because his roommate had bought it for his girlfriend. (He’s still a copycat gift-giver to this day.) I HATED it!

5. Omega says:

Whoa, flashback! Ya, mature people used to be sexy…mature women used to be alluring, why did this have to change? Today, I am officially the age where women are thought to be expired….35, how overly ripe I am, LOL. They need to bring back mature rephrase, mature people in advertising.

6. Omega says:

Whoops, I totally messed up on that comment..forgive me, I am too old now to type, hehe.