Cartier Les Heures de Parfum II L’Heure Convoitee ~ new fragrance

Cartier II L'Heure Convoiteé

Cartier has launched II L'Heure Convoitée, a new fragrance in the Les Heures de Parfum series. It is the 2nd hour but the 9th in the series; reportedly, there are still four more to come. Like the others, L'Heure Convoiteé was developed by perfumer Mathilde Laurent.

L'Heure Convoitée, the second hour, it is time to redden lips, to make the fabrics rustle, to make the backbone tremble and to blush the cheekbones. It is the hour of the lovers parade. A fragrance which recalls the smell of a theatre box, a stage, a lipstick. A floral and spicy fragrance around the carnation, with Iris notes, velvety and powdery notes, to make the cheeks turn red.

Cartier Les Heures de Parfum II L'Heure Convoitée can be found now at Saks, in 75 ml Eau de Parfum for $250.

(via saksfifthavenue)

1. donanicola says:

I’m saving up for La Fougueuse to split with a friend so when the time comes to buy it I will look forward to sniffing this. When Denyse reviewed it I commented that I was reminded of Malmaison and she said it was akin to a modern Malmaison which pleased me! I do love Mathilde Laurent’s work. And fabulous presentation by Cartier.

2. Omega says:

Love carnation, I want to sniffy:).

I love carnation too. But doubtful that anyone can do a good one at the moment.

• Omega says:

I know what you mean! How I want a lovely carnation. There was one I wanted to try this year with a note of carnation but can’t think of the name right now. It was a new release this year, it may have been a niche, not sure. I wish I could remember it.

I still need to sniff the Velvet Love.

• odonata9 says:

Serge Lutens Vitriol ‘oeillet, perhaps?

• Omega says:

No, it was a different one. Though, I wouldn’t mind testing out that one to see what it smells like.

• Bonbori says:

There was something else carnation this year (other than VdO) and it’s driving me crazy that I can’t remember …

• Bonbori says:

Why, because of restrictions?

Yes, restrictions on clove — hard to do a decent carnation without it. It’s why Malmaison got discontinued.

3. Absolute Scentualist says:

Smells like lipstick, carnation and iris? Oh, the temptation…

4. breathesgelatin says:

I haven’t tried any of the Cartier Heures fragrances… I have to admit to being sort of annoyed by these types of lines, because they’re so hard for me to access… this one, however, sounds like it has a lot of my favorite notes… I love cosmetics scents.

I’m annoyed too, and haven’t tried them either. I’ll give in eventually.

• helenviolette says:

I recommend staying clear- unless you are prepared to fall in love. I think they are all beautifully done and expertly executed.

5. JolieFleurs says:

Darn it, just when I think I am safe from new lemmings…..

6. lovethescents says:

This does sound pretty but I won’t be stepping on anyone to get to it :-) I haven’t been wild about the lipstick scents I’ve tried (Lipstick Rose, Esteban’s Maquillage) and I”m so picky with carnation….although I do LOVE Serge’s Vitriol. Thank you for the info, as usual :-)

7. RusticDove says:

The only one I’ve tried from this series so far is La Treizieme, and oh, is it marvelous. I would love to get the chance to try all of these!