Dali Eau de Toilette by Salvador Dali ~ new fragrance

Dali Eau de Toilette by Salvador Dali

Parfums Salvador Dali will launch Dali Eau de Toilette, a new fragrance for women, in September. The scent is a variation on the line's debut fragrance from the early 1980s, Dali Le Parfum (aka Salvador Dali).

In same vein as the original mythic fragrance, Dali EAU DE TOILETTE offers a contemporary, purer and more youthful version, reinterpreted for today’s young women who wish to assert their originality and differentiate themselves from current perfume trends by wearing Art as a fragrance.

Like the original, Dali Eau de Toilette was developed by perfumer Alberto Morillas; the notes feature tangerine, bergamot, orange blossom, rose, jasmine, magnolia, white musks, vanilla and woods.

Dali Eau de Toilette by Salvador Dali will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml. (via press release)

1. littlecooling says:

Sounds like a typical fruity-floral. Nothing special. But I do like the flakon :)

I never get to smell the newer Dalis, so don’t know if they’re good or not. I do usually like the packaging.

2. Bela says:

The original Salvador Dali scent was definitely not a fruity-floral so how can this be in the same vein? I wore it for a while, until I got fed up with the bottle: it was impossible to hold and spray with it.

• Merlin says:

Not at all practical – but I really adore the style of these bottles. I have a mini laguna which is like this but in blue, and I have seen some version, for men, in black. I haven’t yet smelled a Dali perfume I like, but it may be the only perfume that I would consider buying just for the flacon. (from a discounter of course!)

I agree, holding the lips steady and trying to spray the nozzle is a pest though!

That’s what makes it more modern, I take it — the fruit.

3. maggiecat says:

I’ve not tried any of the Dali scents (but I HAVE been to the Dali art museum in St. Petersburg, Florida!). This sounds nice though and I may have to give it a try.