The Body Shop White Musk Libertine ~ new perfume

The Body Shop White Musk Libertine

The Body Shop will launch White Musk Libertine, a new fragrance for women, in October. White Musk Libertine is described as a '"new generation White Musk" and The Body Shop's "'most feminine fragrance to date". It is a flanker to the brand's popular White Musk (1981), and follows recent efforts White Musk White Hot SummerWhite Musk Midnight Iris, White Musk Breeze and White Musk Sport.

White Musk Libertine was developed by perfumer Vincent Schäller; notes include Turkish delight, Chantilly cream, orchid and signature musk.

The Body Shop White Musk Libertine will be available in 30 and 60 ml Eau de Parfum and in 30 ml Eau de Toilette; matching body products will also be sold. (via cosmeticsinternational)

Update: see a review of The Body Shop White Musk Libertine.

1. Anna Stromberg says:

I’m definetly going to try this. The original is an old favourite of mine, and the lotion is one of my best for layering different scents.

2. LaMaroc says:

Interesting! Turkish Delight and Chantilly cream together makes my jaw twinge! Eeesh. I don’t know how I’m going to sample this now that my local TBS has closed. :(

Really? Did not know they were closing stores.

• Valentine says:

Do you have a Sephora nearby? They now stock Body Shop products.

3. Absolute Scentualist says:

Oh! The notes for this have me really curious. The original TBS White Musk is one of my favorite layering scents and something I put on when I want to smell nice without too much effort for casual moments, and the Turkish delight, Chantilly cream and orchid really intrigue me. Here’s hoping it is nice since TBS has been on my grudge list these last few years for getting rid of practically all their perfume oils.

I did like the Midnight one, although didn’t adore it. Will certainly try this. (and did not know they’d axed all the oils!)

• Absolute Scentualist says:

The Midnight Bakula looked nice but there isn’t a TBS in my area any longer, either, and I haven’t been moved to buy it unsniffed yet. I think they kept the White Musk and Vanilla perfume oils (the latter a very far cry from the Vanilla I knew and loved about ten years ago) but the rest are gone last I knew. I emailed them and got the old ‘marketing’ and ‘remaining innovative’ bit, but was not impressed at all with that decision after having lots of other loves discontinued in recent years. Their Oceanus (the only oceanic/aquatic frag I like), Satsuma, Japanese Musk and Fuzzy Peach oils were staples in my collection. But this does look nice. I’ve never tried any of the WM flankers but will find a way to try this one.

Oh sorry — I meant the White Musk Midnight Iris, not the Midnight Bakula!

4. ol rait says:

All I know is, I won’t step foot in the store because of that creamsicle fragrance oil they burn and which creates a 10 ft., nearly impassible scented aura around it. Literally have to switch sides at the mall when I’m nearing it–even if I’m on a different floor!

Yeah, it’s smelly in there! But to my nose, not as bad as Bath & Body Works. Or Lush.

5. Cindy says:

Ooo…. Sounds interesting. I am going to try them when I go to work later.

6. julia7 says:

The notes are making my teeth hurt just by reading them! Sound awfully sweet don’t they?