BCBG Max Azria ~ new fragrance

BCBG Max Azria perfume

BCBG Max Azria will launch an eponymous soft floral fragrance in August. The new scent is their first under licensing arrangements with New Wave Fragrances, and their first since 2009's Within.

BCBG Max Azria was developed by perfumer Stephen Nilsen; notes include strawberry, black cherry, kir royale, jasmine, muguet, rose, violet, musk, orris and sandalwood.

BCBG Max Azria will be available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum and in matching body products.

(via wwd)

Update: see a review of BCBG Max Azria.

1. eminere says:

That bottle top looks like the flower from Lola rendered in glass or plastic.

2. LaMaroc says:

BCBG had a quartet of fragrances out about 10 years ago in tall frosted bottles, two of which I loved: “Nature” being a very pretty green grassy floral scent and “Metro” being only what I can describe as a mysterious “cold” scent. They’re long discontinued, natch. This new one sounds like several giant leaps backwards.

• Jessica says:

LaMaroc, I remember that quartet! I really liked Metro and… Star, I think it was. Too bad those were discontinued.

• snowcrocus says:

I remember them too! Frosted glass bottles, different colored juice. I think they were Metro, Sexy, Nature, Star. This was back when I thought Hugo Deep Red was incredibly complex (hee hee), but I liked the quartet a lot.

• LaMaroc says:

Ohhhh, Deep Red! I liked that until a customer asked me to make a couple samples for her when I worked retail. Our empty spray sample vials were 3ml each and after spraying 9mls of DR, I had definitely had a falling out! Also had to go outside and clear my sinuses!

Yes…those were with Unilever, I think.

3. Flora says:

Well, this is happening just as the BCBG store in my city is closing, I wonder if there is another one in town. It sounds okay, but I wonder if it’s super sweet. Laughing at that bottle too!

You never can tell, but it sounds pretty darned sweet.

And adding: much of what New Wave does is pretty darned sweet.

4. sapphire03 says:

It sounds like a generic fruity floral. There is something about pink juice and a pink bottle that attracts women like flies to honey! Deep down we are all just little girls still! They are smart to use pink to attract our attention. Even though I probably won’t like it, I want to try it. It is the “little girl” in me! :)

They’re calling it a “soft floral” & not a fruity floral, but who knows.

5. Cindy says: