Michael Kors Gold ~ new perfume

Michael Kors Gold

Michael Kors has launched Gold, a new limited edition fragrance for women. Gold is a flanker to 2000's Michael by Michael Kors (aka Michael Kors Signature), and is said to be a "sheerer version".

Gold. A woman's most fabulously chic accessory. Always luxurious. Always glamorous. Gold commands attention as it takes you through any moment with timeless polish and ease. "I love indulgence, luxury, and glamour." —Michael Kors

This fragrance brings together iconic yet complementary scents to create the perfect accessory. Exquisitely alluring notes of magnolia and freesia blend with delicate violet flowers to cast a brilliant sparkle that commands attention. The headiness of tuberose and the peppery hint within peony meld together for a sensational presence at the fragrance's heart. The finishing glow of ambergris drapes you in a sexy aura of gorgeous, glimmering gold.

Additional notes include orange blossom, and musk

Michael Kors Gold is available now at Sephora, in 50 ml Eau de Parfum, $70. (first quote via allure, second quote via sephora)

1. MelissaJane says:

Has anyone tried this? I bought Michael Kors at Marshalls for $10 and was surprised at how nice it was, but I would love a lighter version.

I haven’t seen it yet. I like Michael too, but yeah, sometimes it’s too much.

• Katiebethpdx says:

I just purchased Michael Kors Gold frangrance at Sephora in Portland Oregon. I LOVE it. I hadn’t planned on purchasing a fragrance that day,,,total impulse; but my instinct was right. This is a gloriously luxurious fragrance and lasts all day. The first note for me was Violets, which I love. IT is a very feminine and lucious scent.

2. Now that’s interesting – I wouldn’t have associated “gold” with sheer – but a sheer version of any Michael Kors scent is to be welcomed as far as I am concerned! : – )

I wouldn’t have either…I would have thought Gold was a heavier version, if anything.

3. littlecooling says:

This could really be an interesting scent. Although, I am not to happy with the Fresia note..it could be mellowed down. I hope.

I can’t remember, but I don’t think I much notice the freesia in the original.

4. Michael was my first “signature” scent. I loved the way it adhered to my clothes and hair. I thought it was very thick and sensual. I now find it a little artificial though still delicious.

I’ve since moved on, but for sheer nostalgia I was curious to try this. I was confused by the association of gold with sheer.

Whoever tries this please report back!

5. Anne from Makeupwoot says:

The notes don’t strike me as something I would care for too much though I’ll probably take a whiff of it next time I go fragrance browsing at Sephora. The bottle though… It somehow reminds me of Marc Jacobs “Bang” bottle, though infinitely more tasteful.

6. minger71 says:

Is it weird that Donna Karan already has a perfume named “Gold”? I vaguely remember one perfume or cosmetics company being upset Stella McCartney’s use of “nude” in one of their perfume names.

7. Celestia says:

I was gratified to read lately that LT & TS voted the original the worst perfume in a test of three they didin’t like. I can’t stand it but that’s because I’m not a fan of heavy white florals like White Diamonds, etc. This new version might be better and the bottle is genius with his initial inherent in the design. I am, however, a huge fan of Michael Kors Island.

8. ally9 says:

I just smelled this in Sephora and I have to say, this smells exactly like the Kim Kardashian fragrance. Not that that’s a bad thing, I actually own it, but I was shocked at how similar they are and that nobody commented about it here. Nearly identical. I would like to buy it as I’m sure the quality is a bit better and the last power etc, but I just can’t justify spending that much money on something that smells EXACTLY like something I already have at home.

Kim Kardashian smells pretty close to the original Michael, and this is a variation on the original Michael, so not surprising that they smell similar!

9. Gigi says:

I got this as a sample on facebook and I love it. I am trying to find it at the cheapest price or something very similar. I can’t buy the Kim K, I am not gonna support that family.