Britney Spears Cosmic Radiance ~ new fragrance

Britney Spears Cosmic Radiance

Britney Spears will launch Cosmic Radiance in August. The new fragrance for women is a flanker to last year's Radiance. The tag line: "be the brightest star in the universe".

Cosmic Radiance was developed by perfumers Honorine Blanc and Harry Fremont, who also worked on the original Radiance. The notes feature mandarin, lychee, pear, jasmine, gardenia, tuberose, peony, musk, amber, sandalwood and vanilla.

Britney Spears Cosmic Radiance will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. (via moodiereport)

1. pyramus says:

An unfortunate tagline that makes me think of the expression, “Not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.”

Fruit, fruit, flower flower flower flower, musky-woody-vanilla base; another one poured out of the same vat. Nobody expects these things to break any new ground (they’re the olfactory equivalent of a disposable pop song), but honest to god, they’re not even trying any more.

They don’t need to try as hard as they used to, since most of her scents now debut in mass. I think? At any rate, I never see them in Macy’s now.

• NinaraPoll says:

Stuff like this gets an almost instant release at my local, very tiny Belk’s (it and my local CVS had Radiance at about the same time), so it may be Macy’s is slowly edging out of celeb frags?

Oh, not at all — they’ve got considerable space devoted to celebrity fragrances. But once a celebrity isn’t selling as well, they’re out!

2. RuthW says:

First read it as “Comic Radiance”, re-read and decided I was right the first time.
    I love working out to her new Femme Fatale album but her fragrances don’t have much appeal for me.

Comic Radiance would be great, but I’m pretty fond of Cosmic Radiance too…it’s really one of the funnier recent celeb names.

• Dilana says:

Will a muskier version entitled “Black Hole” follow?

3. Absolute Scentualist says:

There have been a few of her frags I liked, but this doesn’t sound like it strays far from the pack and the name reminds me of mediocre incense one would find in a department store’s “new age” section.

It is not a name you would tend to associate with perfume brilliance.

4. Ikat says:

That doesn’t eve look like her, it’s so heavily photoshopped. Or is it one of those shots from 10 years ago?

• APassionateJourney says:

This has to be a new picture. You can see how dead she looks in the eyes. She just doesn’t wanna do the celeb thing anymore, sadly

• Branch and Vine says:

This. I’m looking at it thinking ” I thought this was a …..ahem…..BS frag. Who’s that? “

5. Anne from Makeupwoot says:

Britney Spears fragrances now have the same effect on me as any by Paris Hilton. Every time I see a new one being launched I do one of the following: groan, roll my eyes, sigh, or ask “Why, God? Why?”

• Branch and Vine says:

This is how I feel about the demand for them…….

• Anne from Makeupwoot says:

I don’t understand the demand to be honest. I suppose I can see Paris Hilton as something they’d like to be, a vapid, self-absorbed, twit with more money than sense. Britney though… I don’t really aspire to behave like a spoiled brat who was sexualized way too early, lied about her personal life and who she really was, has wrecked her relationship with her parents, had way too many bouts with drugs, alcohol, and inappropriate men, as well as flashing her lady bits about on the national stage, no matter how well groomed they may have been.

6. jonr951 says:

I didn’t know where to post it and seeing as how EA does Britney’s, Taylor Swift’s Wonderstruck is on fragrance.org. I don’t know if I adore the bottle or the name but I adore her so I’ll have to have it. Haha. The name is from her song called Enchanted on her Speak Now album. I’m such a nerd. Haha. : )

7. jonr951 says:

It’s being advertised in this weeks Kohls ad. Let’s hope it’s better than the original. Anything can be better than the original really. Haha. I’m HOPING!!! : )

You’ll have to let me know…now that Britney is never in regular dept stores, I’ll probably never get to smell her new fragrances.

• jonr951 says:

Tried it today. Britney, Britney, Britney. What happened to my precious Britney? Haha. It’s fine. The Radiance line is my least favorite from Britney. They’re just dull and flat. I guess this one’s a bit better than the original. But that’s not saying much. Boring. I’m sad. I do like the packaging this time around. I’ll get me a bottle for cheap on ebay or Marsh/TJ someday. But I really don’t need it and will just be getting it because it’s my Britney. : )

They can’t be investing much in this line anymore, I wouldn’t think. So they’re not likely to improve drastically.

• jonr951 says:

Bummer. : (

8. Dodo says:

Not available in my country yet:( can’t wait to smell it though, I really liked the original:D

9. jonr951 says:

Ok so I put Cosmic on today and, having never thought much of it since I 1st tried it, all I mostly smell is a sweet jasmine! Crazy I know, but Cosmic’s bottom reminds me of a 100x lighter Alien! I’m crazy I know, but Cosmic could easily be one of Alien’s summer flankers! Ha! I definitely need to get me a bottle now. : )

10. jonr951 says:

I got the 1.7 oz from TJMaxx today for $14.99! SO awesome! Haha. : )