Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico ~ new fragrance

Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico

Jean Paul Gaultier will launch Kokorico, a new "decidedly masculine" fragrance for men, in September.

The woody cocoa fragrance features notes of fig leaves, raw cacao bean and wood.

Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico will be available in Eau de Toilette (I will update with sizes when I can) and matching grooming products. (via parfum-homme.prime-beaute)

Update: Kokorico was developed by perfumers Olivier Cresp and Annick Menardo, and will be in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette. (via glamourparis)

Another update: see a review of Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico.

1. eminere says:

Those notes sound absolutely delicious. Cannot wait to smell it!

Not crazy about the bottle though.

I love the bottle — but should wait until I see it in person.

• Owen says:

no I don’t like the bottle either – I just realised it’s shaped like a man’s head :L

but I love chocolate. like cocoa butter not just the food. I’ve been waiting ages for a chocolate/cocoa perfume to come, I hope they focus on the cocoa. I don’t want the “masculinity” to drown it out.

2. Rictor07 says:

That bottle looks even more unbalanced than the MJ Bang bottle.

3. That bottle is hilarious and I want it on my dresser to glare at all my girly bottles.

4. prism says:

cocoa sounds GOOD

and in case anyone needs to know, ‘kokorico’ is the french version of what a rooster cries. :)

• Karin says:

Uh…interesting! I can’t imagine a cologne called, “Cock a doodle doo,” would have much success. Ha!

• Bela says:

Yes, normally spelt ‘cocorico’.

This is a very clever name. :-)

5. Absolute Scentualist says:

Mmmm. This sounds perfect for fall, and I can’t think of a perfume that blends fig and cocoa, though I’m sure they’re out there and merely eluding my uncaffinated brain. Must try this, and I imagine even my more than lacking Macy’s will have it.

6. Bear says:

I love, love, LOVE that bottle.
    When you turn it to the side, it mimics the Le Male torso bottle:

7. AnnS says:

That bottle should come out at Halloween – it looks like a head wound.

8. APassionateJourney says:

I cannot WAIT to test this! This has shot to my top 3 most anticipated!

1) Beyonce Pulse
    2) Prada Candy
    3) By Kilian Sweet Redemption & Kokorico

September is soooo far from here!

• thenoseknows says:

My 3 most anticipated are…

1. Chanel Les Exculsifs Jersey
      2. Prada Candy (That’s Gonna Be BAH-NANAS!!!)
      3. Elie Saab

9. Jeremy says:

I am clumsy to begin with so I’m wary of oddly shaped bottles, and can clearly envision dropping that poor head on the counter… seems even more gruesome than doing that to just a plain bottle!

10. thomkallor says:

Sounds intriguing…and warm

11. yzahbelle says:

the bottle is definetely the missing head of le male?!!? LOL
    but the notes rock!

• smartylicious says:

LOL It totally is!

12. thenoseknows says:

MUST HAVE!!!! MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!! BUYING UNSMELLED THE INSTANT IT COMES TO MY LOCAL STORES!!!!

13. The notes sound really interesting. The bottle…. well it is the usual kitsch chic Gaultier style…

• At least you have to give them credit for designing a bottle that looks different!

14. moore says:

I didn’t like anything of this fragrance, except for the fragrance that may be good. The name is the noise chicken make and the bottle remember me the half-head studied at College. Nothing connects to nothing. But I’m curious (hehehe, as always) about that!!! Viciousness is a psychiatrist case…

• moore says:

Ah, and ugly sideface! Needs some palstic surgery :).

15. Just read on the Fragrantica website that this has been compose by Olivier Cresp and Annick Menardo. It all looks very promosing!

16. smartylicious says:

Interesting bottle, but if I woke up and saw this on my dresser in the middle of the night, I’d probably freak out lol

17. lilyboy says:

love the bottle and im a fan of annick menardo (i think) so am excited/curious about this..

love the bottle coz it reminds me of one cologne we had when we were young though that one is shaped like a head with a warrior helmet (forgot the name though), the head being the glass bottle and is blue while the helmet is silver :P

this gaultier bottle seems hard to hold though.. it looks very wide side to side and thin front to back??

18. I tried this and it is quite good actually. Very different than Le Male and not at all sweet. I have written a review about it.