Vera Wang Lovestruck ~ new perfume

Vera Wang Lovestruck

Vera Wang will launch Lovestruck, a new perfume for women fronted by actress Leighton Meester, in June.

All about being overwhelmed, inexplicably, hopelessly in love. Allowing yourself to feel passion inspite [sic] of yourself, the situation, the repercussions. A new definition of Romeo and Juliet! Sexy, sensual, and unstoppable!

Lovestruck was developed by perfumer Stephen Nilsen; the notes include guava, angelica, tuberose, lotus blossom, woods and musk.

Vera Wang Lovestruck will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum and in matching body products. It is not expected to debut in the US until August. (quote via verawang, additional information via wwd)

Update: see a review of Vera Wang Lovestruck.

1. jonr951 says:

I’ll try it. Not expecting much but I’ll try it. She’s gorgeous in my book! Haha. : )

So far, Vera Wang has not made a fragrance I’ve been dying to own. But you never know!

• Owen says:

I love the fascinator thing on top of the bottle, if it’s actually including with the bottle when they go on sale I’ll be tempted. but Vera Wang’s creations so far haven’t wowed me, the are boring and last about half an hour on skin, so really they’re quite expensive because you don’t much for your money at all.

2. eminere says:

Beautiful top part of the bottle ruined by the tacky script on the body :(

I think it’s supposed to look like it’s written in nail polish? Or maybe lipstick.

• APassionateJourney says:

I’m just the opposite. That’s a horible top with a nice bottom but the real pic I saw of Vera holding the bottle looked really nice

3. becca b says:

Oh, the copy on this:

“A new definition of Romeo and Juliet! Sexy, sensual, and unstoppable!”

Yack! And, as far as I knew, R + J were stoppable (or, “unstoppable” in death alone?) At any rate, an odd reference to throw in there…

In all fairness, that is copy from the Vera Wang blog, not “official” ad copy. Whether she should have that even on her blog is a question, but I should have made that clear, sorry!

• Marjorie Rose says:

And don’t forget, they were all of 12 years old!!!! Speaking as a middle school teacher, EWWWwwww!

4. The notes do look a little different, I must say – well, I can’t think of any other guava/angelica/tuberose combos offhand, certainly!

Yes! Hope it has more personality than Look, which I don’t even think is still on the market.

5. thenoseknows says:

Sounds like they just put “LOOK” by Vera Wang in a Relatively New Bottle!

I was not a fan of Look…honestly I can’t even remember what it smelled like, just that it was pretty faceless.

• thenoseknows says:

I Liked Look but didn’t love it… it was interesting and pretty and modern for a Vera Wang Scent, Better than those REEKING Princess Fragrances, but you are so TOTALLY Right, it was kinda… Bland and Faceless, Nothing you’d notice in a crowd! I still Prefer Bouquet Over all others… THAT’S A MASTERPIECE!!!!

6. hongkongmom says:

love love love the colour of her dress! i would give the perfume a try, not expecting too much tho

7. Sonam says:

The notes sounded good until I read that it had tuberose in it. I’ll try it when it comes out, but I’ll probably have to pass on it… :(

8. Merlin says:

Don’t know if I wanna smell like that, but definitely wanna look like that!