Ellen Tracy Bronze ~ new perfume

Ellen Tracy Bronze

Ellen Tracy will launch Bronze, a new floriental fragrance:

Ellen Tracy Bronze is a captivating new women's fragrance that offers a perfect fusion of youthful attitude and grown up glamour.

Bronze was developed by perfumer Pierre Negrin; the notes feature bergamot, lemon, mandarin, green apple, honeysuckle, orange blossom, violet, vanilla orchid, amber, musk, cedar.

Ellen Tracy Bronze will be available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. (via press release)

1. pyramus says:

I will make no judgements about the scent, because 1) I haven’t smelled it, and 2) it contains the damned and dreaded apple which is in absolutely everything these days, but that bottle is FAN. TAS. TIC.

I am worried it won’t look so cool in real life, but based on the picture, wholeheartedly agree — great bottle.

• pyramus says:

Couldn’t agree more that it may not look so good in the real world: everything is photographed and processed to look as exquisite as possible, food and packaging and people and the entire world, really. But sometimes the bottles surprise you. I thought the bottle tops for Tommy Hilfiger Loud looked cheap and chintzy in the pictures, but in real life they’re actually nice-looking, solid and sharp-edged, much better made than I would have guessed.

Interesting. I don’t think I’ve even laid eyes on them…was wondering if they’d launched them in the US at all. Where did you find them?

• So glad you’re looking for our fragrance! It will be out very soon this spring in Macy’s – just in time for Mother’s Day!

• pyramus says:

There’s a hyperdrugstore chain in Canada called Shoppers Drug Mart, and many of the larger stores have a remarkably large and well-stocked Beauty Boutique that gets lots of different scents in (mostly department-store stuff, but one of them carried Comptoir Sud Pacifique for six months and another had almost the entire Ulric de Varens Recto-Verso line, both men’s and women’s). A local SDM has both the Louds. I was as surprised as you, believe me.

Ah, how interesting. I wonder if they’re in mass market stores here, where I didn’t think to look for them.

• BeachGirl says:

I picked up the bottle at Macys… At first when I tried it I thought it was a little too strong and I, too, was skeptical about the green apple notes… I told the sales rep that I’d wait to see how the scent felt after it settled… It was one of those unbearable 90 degree weather days. After the scent settled, I absolutely loved it! It’s mysterious, not overly sweet, and it’s one of those scents that’ll settle nicely on the skin during summer’s hot months… I absolutely loved it. I usually enjoy musky, spicy, mysterious and sensual scents. This one made it to my list!

• BeachGirl says:

The bottle isn’t wobbly at all. It’s funky looking :)

2. boojum says:

Looks like it would tip over pretty easily, actually. I’ve tried one Ellen Tracy scent that wasn’t too bad. Probably nothing I need to own, but pleasant enough.