Estee Lauder Adventurous ~ new perfume

Estee Lauder Adventurous perfume

Estee Lauder will launch Adventurous, a new fragrance for women, in March. Adventurous will be exclusive to travel retail.

Find adventure in the most breathtaking place in the world. Go off the beaten path. Explore the unknown. Feel your senses heighten as the blazing heat of the day shifts to the coolness of twilight.

[...] Capturing a modern blend of different worlds, Estée Lauder Adventurous transports the senses on a breathtaking safari. The sophistication of Star Jasmine is polished by the clarity of Vetyver. Juicy, luscious Red Berries are tamed into an addictive, sexy pulp by the creamy warmth of Caramel Musk. The rhythmic beat of African Woods freshly spiced with Marigold and Mandarin further entice the senses. Seductive Ylang-Ylang is drizzled with Honey. Lotus flower – the water of life – is at the heart of creation. Crushed Leaves & Wild Patchouli blanket intoxicating Plumeria and Heliotrope for a modern mix.

I will update with size and concentration when I can find them. (via press release)

Update: Estee Lauder Adventurous will be available in 50 ml Eau de Parfum, £26.50.

1. Bear says:

There is no way this will smell as good as that amalgamation of notes would indicate.
    I smelled EL’s Brasil Dream(sic) in TJMaxx and a more boring and generic scent would not be possible. I’m surprised EL would sully their corporate image with such awful scents.
    Do they not care, or think no one would notice? RANT OVER ;)

Their travel retail scents have not been as inspired as one might hope. I did like the bottles though, and wonder why they switched to this one…

• Joe says:

Bear, I don’t mind Brasil Dream so much.

I like the “for him” better than the “for her,” but I think both are fairly fun, well-done, inexpensive scents. I bought “for him” and swapped a friend for a decant of “for her.”

• Bear says:

Hi Joe!
        It wasn’t bad so much as blah – I could think of a million other scents I would wear before it.
        And lest anyone think otherwise, I did not open the box. Another customer removed the bottle and sprayed, I merely sniffed the moist spray mechanism (sounds kinkier than it was).
        Had I witnessed it, I probably wouldn’t have kept my big mouth shut and started an argument ( happened before).

2. miss kitty v. says:

They had me up to the berries and caramel musk. Sigh. Well, I will still be sniffing it. The whole Estee era between Beautiful and the various Pleasures flankers has done nothing for me, but the Private Collection series has been really good. Let’s hope this is more of the latter.

I hope they’re doing another PC this year!

3. Oh, I would give this one a shot.

I’m never in duty free, so doubt I’ll see it.

• Joe says:

See, I didn’t even notice it was travel exclusive!

4. Joe says:

When something is named “Adventurous,” I’m pretty sure it’s not going to be.

It doesn’t sound bad though, and I think EL generally does a good job. The name just makes me laugh a little.

Adventurous and their last one — Wild Elixir — both seemed really blah names.

5. LaMaroc says:

Maybe it’s because I’m still dizzy from this weird flu I have, but those notes are confusing. I have no idea what this might smell like. I liked Bali Dream and Emerald Dream I liked enough to buy a little mini set of two little bottles of each (at Marshall’s), but Brasil Dream (women’s) was one of the worst scrubbers I’ve ever had. My friend agreed, it smelled like baby vomit. :( Maybe that just my lovely body chemistry?

• Merlin says:

LaMaroc, my skin reacted in the same way: Bali and Emerald dream were nice – though not nice enough to purchase – and Brasil Dream was a scrubber! I know its off topic, but i’m visiting the coast next week and am thinking of getting Bronze Goddess for the occasion, maybe the shimmer cream but more likely the skin scent. Thing is it only seems to come in 100ml! Does anyone think it is 100ml worthy?

• odonata9 says:

I love Bronze Goddess! I have a large bottle of the body oil (my bad on ebay – should have read the description as I thought it was the scent) and some decants I swapped for so obviously I think it is worth it. I guess it depends on how much wear you think you’ll get out of it.

• Merlin says:

Thanks for the reply! Robin also gave it a really positive review. I think I’m going to swap it with something I have that I never ended up opening!

• LaMaroc says:

Whew! Thanks for the afirmation, Merlin. Very disconcerting when a fragrance turns like that.
            I adore Bronze Goddess. Although it’s a strictly warm-weather only scent for me, I keep it handy for a sniff during days of deep freeze in the winter. I have the first edition edt/cologne and the body oil spray from the Tom Ford Collection. I have not smelled any of the following editions, so I can’t tell you if anything has changed or not. But if it’s even close to the slightly floral, sun-warmed skin scent that I’m familiar with, I think you’ll be very pleased with it.

• LaMaroc says:

Sorry – just realized it wasn’t called Bronze Goddess when it was in the Tom Ford collection. It was Azuree Soleil. Turquoise box with gold foil detail.

6. prism says:

the name, together with that bottle, is a total oxymoron.

• Merlin says:

They should have called it ‘safe’ or maybe ‘suffocating’ with that colour lid!

• Merlin says:

or how about – a new hyper-conservative scent from Estee Lauder…

• ggperfume says:

How about “Prim”?

• Marjorie Rose says:

*giggle* You totally made my comment before I could, Merlin! Seriously, when did pink become “adventurous?”

My vote for rename is “Prudent.”

• Merlin says:

‘Prim’ and ‘prudent’ should be top contenders!

7. Haunani says:

Sounds like quite a mishmash to me!

8. eminere says:

The notes sound like they might be very clashing.

A very simple bottle for an adventurous fragrance.

9. Anna Stromberg says:

I’ll try it, and I don’t mind the name at all. It has a masculine feel about it that’s a refreshing change from all the usual girlie names (I’m looking at you and your offsprings, Fancy and Princess).
    But the bottle is more then a little bit along the lines of Carolina Herrera Chic, if I remember right.

10. Warum says:

Nope, I am not compelled. I might take a spritz if I’m in duty free.

11. civava says:

What a mess of ingredients.