Elizabeth Arden Pretty Hot ~ new perfume

Elizabeth Arden Pretty Hot perfume

Elizabeth Arden will launch Pretty Hot in January. The new fragrance for women is a flanker to 2009's Pretty, and is meant to be a bold and seductive scent.

Pretty Hot was developed by perfumer Claude Dir, who also developed Pretty, and was inspired by the Belle de Nuit flower. Other notes include red currant, blood orange, mandarin, freesia, apple, peony, pimento blossom, Petalia, Georgywood, amber, patchouli, tonka crystals, sandalwood and Cosmone.

Elizabeth Arden Pretty Hot will be available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. (via cosmeticsmag, tvaquipr)

1. Dolly2 says:

Not familiar with Cosmone. What is it?

• Amanda says:

I might be totally off-base, but I think it’s an artifical musk?

2. crowflower says:

Georgywood! The name cracks me up.

3. Pinkster says:

Is it just me, or is the name “Pretty Hot” terrible for what they’re trying to convey? I mean, it’s not “Seductive,” or “Gorgeous,” or “Smoking Hot,” it’s just “Pretty Hot.” Not a ringing endorsement of it’s sexiness, if you ask me.

It’s a terrible, terrible name, IMHO.

• KateReed says:

Not really that much worse that Pretty itself was. Funny that this should be announced just now, I’d completely forgotten about Pretty until thier recent pre-Christmas advertising blitz, when I remarked to a good friend of mine “Pretty…doesn’t that seem to be setting the bar a little low?”

4. Tommasina says:

“is meant to be a bold and seductive scent” – hah! What is it really like, though? No – don’t answer that.

5. FragrantWitch says:

What a terrible name! Nice colour bottle, though. No interest in this at all! Money saved for good stuff then! :-)

6. dominika says:

Oh, woe to whoever gets asked what perfume they’re wearing after they spritz this on.

How embarrassing would that be :)

• AnnieA says:

I once had a great haircut, but I never returned to the place, because whenever I was asked where I’d gone the answer was “The Playboy Hair Salon”..!

7. Sonam says:

I actually managed to try this yesterday at my local Ulta….to me it smells like a louder version of the drydown of the original EA Pretty. Unfortunately, since the drydown of EA’s Pretty is my least favorite part of the scent (the fresh opening notes are my favorite!) this won’t be something I’ll put on my to-buy perfume list….