Estee Lauder Wild Elixir ~ new fragrance

Estee Lauder Wild Elixir

Estee Lauder will launch Wild Elixir, a new limited edition fragrance for women, in January:

A feeling of pure energy radiating from luminous Genet Flower, invigorating Mandarin and smooth woods are blended in the new, limited edition Estée Lauder Wild Elixir fragrance. An expressive, sophisticated floral texture evolves into a drydown of soft woods and lingers sensuously on the skin for an utterly dramatic appeal.

The notes include mandarin, marigold, freesia, violet leaf, gardenia, muguet, jasmine, waterlily, genet flower, orris, amberwood, musk and sandalwood.

Estee Lauder Wild Elixir will be available in 50 ml, concentration unknown, $55. (via press release)

1. Merlin says:

Not sure I will ever get to see this. No-one has brought in Sensuous noir yet. We did get pleasures bloom though – so if the criterion is ‘pink’ I may still see it!

Yeah, I have no idea if this is a “big” release or not.

2. Karin says:

Anyone else find pink and “floral” an odd choice for a fragrance called Wild Elixir???

Yeah. I’m not really sure what the “theme” is for this one, or how it is supposed to be wild, or why it is LE (usually EL only does limited edition for flankers, I think).

3. Tommasina says:

I suppose it could be wild because of the use of broom, which *grows* wild; otherwise, ITA on the non-wildness of a floral pink liquid! Since peope may ask, I took the liberty of lifting this from Wikipedia:

“The Plantagenet kings used common broom (known as “planta genista” in Latin) as an emblem and took their name from it. It was originally the emblem of Geoffrey of Anjou, father of Henry II of England. Wild broom is still common in dry habitats around Anjou, France.
    Genista tinctoria (dyer’s broom, also known as dyer’s greenweed or dyer’s greenwood), provides a useful yellow dye and was grown commercially for this purpose in parts of Britain into the early 19th century. Woollen cloth, mordanted with alum, was dyed yellow with dyer’s greenweed, then dipped into a vat of blue dye (woad or, later, indigo) to produce the once-famous “Kendal Green” (largely superseded by the brighter “Saxon Green” in the 1770s). Kendal green is a local common name for the plant.
    The flower buds and flowers of Cytisus scoparius have been used as a salad ingredient, raw or pickled, and were a popular ingredient for salmagundi or “grand sallet” during the 17th and 18th century.”

4. maggiecat says:

Interesting! This scent actually intrigues me and I’ll look forward to trying it. The EL counters around here in Dallas get new stuff pretty quickly – we’re lucky!

I think testers might already be out there…someone reported seeing it, maybe? Or maybe it was just hearing about it.

5. Tulip says:

Need we say more: From the Wall Street Journal 12/10 or 12/11 — ‘color authority Pantone plans to announce that its color of the year for 2011 is an intense pink it calls “honeysuckle.” ‘

6. miss kitty v. says:

I think I’ll stick with the classic Lauders. :(

7. Anna Stromberg says:

The notes are pretty interesting, but the bottle looks like something from Victoria secrets, or Britneys Radiance.

8. breathesgelatin says:

I tired this at Nordstrom’s last weekend and was really shocked. I was expecting a tropical fragrance, along the lines of the Pure White Linen Pink Coral flanker they had as a limited edition two summers ago… I thought that fragrance was an extremely well done mainstream tropical fruity floral.

Wild Elixir, despite the bottle… it definitely has a fruitiness, but I smelled a lot of white flowers… a lot of gardenia. The genet/broom flower is I think a favored note of mine… it’s in Coach Signature too, which I like quite a bit; I’d like to compare the Coach Signature and Wild Elixir side by side. I didn’t even really find the scent tropical, per se. I bet the packaging will draw in a lot of people.

I have a lot of respect for the way EL does their fragrance releases. I am really hoping for a new scent in the Private Collection line in 2011.