David Yurman Essence Collection ~ new perfumes

David Yurman Essence Collection

David Yurman will launch The Essence Collection in February. The three wear-alone-or-layer fragrances were developed by perfumer Harry Fremont, and are meant to evoke tourmaline, peridot and citrine.

Exotic Essence (citrine) ~ an oriental with mandarin, peach skin, Casablanca lily, rose, musk, vanilla, amber and sandalwood.

Fresh Essence (peridot) ~ a fruity floral with apple, cassis, red fruits, green notes, rose, peony, water lily, musk, cashmere woods and cedar.

Delicate Essence (tourmaline) ~ a floral with orange, pink pepper, lotus blossom, peony, rose, amber, blonde woods and skin musk.

David Yurman The Essence Collection fragrances will be at Bloomingdales and Yurman boutiques before going into wider distribution in the fall,$85 each for 100 ml Eau de Toilette. (via wwd)

1. Dolly2 says:

I wonder if the Fresh Essence is a well done fruity/floral. Peridot is my birthstone.

2. boojum says:

Do they look like blocks of finger Jell-O to anyone else?

3. maggiecat says:

Um, yeah. But they do sound rather nice, actually, I had a strong adverse reaction to the David Yurman scent that came out this past year, but these sound tempting enough for me to venture back near that section of Norstroms.

Guessing these won’t be nearly as strong as the first one.

4. miss kitty v. says:

I was the lone defender of DY EdP for the longest time, and then recently put it on and wished I hadn’t. As pretty as these bottles are (although I’m guessing that cap is the same cheap plastic one as the EdP), I’m going to pass.

5. Kitty says:

I already have so many fabulous scents on my must try/own list that these are going to have to be really special. Not loving the colors – but nice Jo Malone(ish) try!

6. tabby says:

I am soooo looking forward to these new fragrances. David Yurman is my all time fav scent to date. But I’m not loving the packaging either (yeah, Jell-O is pretty accurate), but hopefully the scents will be great.