Swarovski Aura ~ new fragrance

Swarovski Aura

Crystal brand Swarovski will launch Aura by Swarovski in March of next year. The new fragrance was developed under licensing arrangements with Clarins, and is "described as an incandescent fruity floral which is centred around a prism of energy".

Aura was developed by perfumers Olivier Cresp and Jean-Pierre Bethouart; the notes include lychee, rose, tuberose, pink pepper, amber, benzoin and white musk.

Swarovski Aura will be available in 30, 50 and 75 ml Eau de Parfum and in matching body products; an Eau de Toilette version, size unknown, will also be developed for the Asian market. (via cosmeticsbusiness.com)

1. Dilana says:

Ahhh, the wonderful fragrance of glass, a note so rare that it doesn’t exist!, Swarovski is famous for its high lead content crystals, and lead is exactly what I want to spray behind my ear.
    But surely a glass company could have come up with a better bottle!

The bottle is not at all what I would have expected. Maybe it will look better in person.

• Owen says:

but that’s still no a lot of lead right ? because of lead poisonin?
      pencils have graphite in not lead because of lead poisoning.

2. Daisy says:

Swarovski makes lovely crystals. I guess anyone can hire a perfume made. Dilana is exactly right: you’d think the bottle would have been fabulous!
    Unfortunately –the fragrance sounds rather….ordinary.

C’mon, it’s built around a prism of energy! Nothing ordinary about that.

3. prism says:

arrangements with Clarins are generally good. they also have a similar one with Hermes, no?

They do Mugler & David Yurman, and some others. They also do distribution for Hermes, but so far as I know they have nothing to do with the Hermes fragrance line other than that.

• prism says:

oh, so they’re only distributing! i always thought they’d also produce the fragrances for Hermes (well, Ellena does the juice, just that they employ Clarins’ production sites)

So far as I know. But of course I could be wrong!

4. lovethescents says:

From what I can remember, the only fragrance I’ve tried with lychee as an opening note is Safi, a HUGE NO for me!! I like to eat them but not wear them.

Now, as for a crystal company doing fragrances, doesn’t Puredistance have something to do with lalique??

5. Merlin says:

Working in a shop that sells swarovski, I am usually quite cynical about the ‘beautiful’ bottles that perfume now comes in. Yes, the old collaboration with Renee lalique, back in the day, led to some stunning creations. But the tacky ‘flacons’ of today…
    The additional lead in the swarovski gives the glass high clarity and makes it sparkle. The dull etched effect of much present day lalique is dreamy and full of grandeur at once.
    But I am not going to wax lyrical about the gold billionaire and guilty bottles. Jardins apres la moussou (however) comes in a gorgeous flask, even more beautiful for its simplicity.
    Sorry about all the rambling, what I wanted to say is I HOPE the bottles look a LOT better in real life and I HOPE the perfume is a LOT more interesting than the notes promise….

6. Joe says:

I prefer my fruity florals fluorescent.

I know you work with what you have, R., but I wish I could tell what those bottles really look like.

Yeah, it’s a crappy picture. All I know is the whole metal thing is the cap that goes over the inner glass bottle, and there’s one crystal at the top.

• Owen says:

they look like something Thierry Mugler would create in about twenty years in the future, or one of the options for womanity.

and the metal being the whole cap is like Lacoste challenge, or is that just the top kind of segment the top?

I don’t know for sure, but I think the metal (and I should have just said metal-look, I doubt it’s real metal) goes all the way down.

• Owen says:

I know what you meant ;)

when I first saw Lacoste challenge I thought the whole black thing was the cap but it’s not, only part of it is.

and when I first read about the Swarovski perfume I imagined it would be something like ferrari(although I’ve never smelled anything like that) or some other totally-non-perfume-related brand releasing a fragrance. I know fashion houses do it, but they’re more related to perfume than cars.

7. lemonprint says:

I think it’s just catching me wrong today, but organizing notes around a prism of energy sounds like a supremely stupid description right now.

I think even on a good day, it’s pretty darned stupid.

8. Absolute Scentualist says:

I’d expect something fabulous for a bottle, and not something that looks like it’s been bludgeoned by a Bedazzler, so hopefully the bottle will actually turn out looking quite lovely. I’m a fan of Manakara and Payard’s Lychee Mousse, so the fragrance doesn’t sound too bad. Not as grand as I’d expect, but wearable at least.

9. thenoseknows says:

I shall sing out as the lone voice amongst the (Small) Throng… I Think that bottle is PURE BEAUTY! Clean, Modern, Simplistic, Architectural and Artistic! It’s Really rather wonderful and I LOVE Lychee and Benzoin and Tuberose and Rose and AMBER! (personally if i was nosing the juice i would have thrown in some Osmanthus and Galbanum… but that’s just me!) I am SO SO SO Eagerly awaiting this, I feel a new Classic coming along!

• FOandW_oh_my says:

I just have to support the lone voice. From your keypad to the crystal/perfume gods ears! I think the notes sound amazing as well, except for the tuberose – I think I have made an enemy of that note. We always seem to be battling it out and I always lose. Well, here’s to hoping it’s just a tiny little thing and the other notes rule!

• hollyc says:

Saw this today and the bottle is stunning, I do think it is all metal, but I could be wrong. Soft, lovely fragrance, although I didn’t try on, but definitely one I’m going to back to try. Too bad so many good fragrances have dreadful ad copy, such nonsense, I recommend trying.

10. Celestia says:

The bottle reminds me of Calvin Klein Contradiction and the lid of Angel Innocence. There are only so many possible designs in the universe.

• Owen says:

you are exactly right !

• loempia says:

Very disappointed at first sight for a famous brand. The bottle looks like a copy of Angel Innocence and the name? Aura? This name is used before by Jacomo and Van Gils (only available in the Netherlands). Now waiting for the smell.

11. DRJMA says:

It looks more like something from a scifi movie-but so what-if fragrance is good!!!

12. Rapunzel says:

The smallest bottle looks a lot like Aigner Too Feminine, only sans crystal.