Pure Custo Barcelona ~ new fragrances

Pure Custo Barcelona fragrance advertPure Custo Barcelona Woman perfume bottle

Custo Barcelona will launch Pure Custo Barcelona, new fragrances for men and women developed by perfumer Alberto Morillas, in October:

Two new fragrances, one feminine and one masculine, that follow in the groundbreaking footsteps of Custo's first fragrance. Daring and original, they express Pure Fashion, they contain Pure Innovation. The magic of Custo Barcelona transformed into a new life-giving elixir: the new fragrances for man and woman by Pure Custo Barcelona.

Pure Custo Barcelona Woman ~ a green fruity floral with notes of bergamot, lemon, ginger, sage, violet, exotic fruits, pink pepper, super hedione, wood, musk and vanilla.

Pure Custo Barcelona Man ~ a fresh aromatic with bergamot, lemon, tangerine, neroli, floral notes, amber, cedar, incense, tonka bean, patchouli and musk.

Pure Custo Barcelona Woman and Man will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette. (quote via tfwa, additional information via cosmeticnews, modaonline.it)

1. miss kitty v. says:

Is it my imagination, or is it wearing a little zippered sweater?

• dee says:

I feel a little silly saying this, but ROTFL ;)

See below…it is a wetsuit :-)

• mals86 says:

I did not even NOTICE the wetsuit, as I was too distracted by the Vegas-style ostrich plume headdress the female model appears to be wearing.

• miss kitty v. says:

I just thought it was a design behind her, not an actual headdress. What concerns me is that it would seem she had to be drugged to appear in this ad.

• sarahbeth says:

I would have to agree. And in keeping with the vampire trend, all blood appears to have been drained from their systems.

• promiseevans says:

And that ostrich, peacock feather looking design seems like they sort of took that from the Pussy Deluxe Velvet Kitten design! Check it out… http://www.napo-shop.com/tmpl/de/detail.tmpl?art_id=29675;id=DfOUXIAvZvuy-A6nQut3NF

• 734elizabeths says:

Heehee! I didn’t notice the wetsuit OR the headdress, because all my attention was ensnared by the pompadour on the guy. His hair looks like one of the compound women’s on “Big Love.”

2. promiseevans says:

Or a wetsuit? lol

3. Isa says:

The bottles are awful and the fragrances don’t seem to be much better…

Not loving the bottles…hard to say about the fragrances although they don’t sound thrilling. Still, there are green fruity florals that I like…

4. LaMaroc says:

What’s with the lid? Is that supposed to be a spine? I really like Custo Barcelona’s nutty, fun sense of style. I loved their Mohawk hats they had about 10 years ago….even though they were a ripoff of a John Galliano design for Dior.

• miss kitty v. says:

I actually at first glance thought it was a curling iron tucked into what appeared to be a curling iron cozy. And the rest of the story you know: Then I thought it was a sweater, and now I come to understand that it is a wetsuit.

I’ll say it again: I really think someone is stealing my idea of perfume bottle outfits.

• nozknoz says:

I hope not – the last thing my credit cards need are perfume accessories!

• 50_Roses says:

Why not? I know I have seen plenty of perfume bottles with bling. Why not clothes to go with the jewelry? What next? Perfume bottle makeup? Perfume bottle wigs?

5. NinaraPoll says:

“Daring and original, they express Pure Fashion, they contain Pure Innovation. The magic of Custo Barcelona transformed into a new life-giving elixir.”

Custo Barcelona’s sense of modesty and humility is so refreshing, is it not? ;) The juices sound bland, but the tacky-fabulous little girl in me is loving that bottle.

6. KL says:

Kinda thought it was a blender with a zippered sweater! LOL

7. sunsetsong says:

I’ll give Custo some love, their clothing designs are colourful, bold and out there. I like the crazy bottle, and who knows, the contents might be wearable. This fragrance isn’t marketed at me, but I will give it a try if I see it.

8. Marsha says:

If it’s a diving suit, is the cap supposed to be a regulator? And will the neoprene develop that awful smell that dive suits get after they’ve been worn and peed in a bit, which could give the juice a different, more “interesting” smell?

I’ve a friend at work who knits and crochets interesting little things: vultures, road kill, Cthulu, and outfits for the toy pigs we all have on our desks. I bet she’d find it fun to do a perfume bottle outfit.