Queen Latifah Queen of Hearts ~ new perfume

Queen Latifah Queen of Hearts

Queen Latifah has launched Queen of Hearts, a new flanker to last year's Queen by Queen Latifah:

The heart has a song all its own. This new fragrance sings out the message that beauty comes from the heart of a woman; and conveys my belief that beauty is a state of love, an expression of a woman’s confidence and sensuality. Queen of Hearts captures the allure of a woman’s body, her mind and her inner strength.

The notes feature bergamot, dewy greens, cinnamon, plum, jasmine, red fruits, white floral bouquet, amber, musk, patchouli, vanilla bean, olibanum and smoky incense.

Queen Latifah Queen of Hearts is available in 100 ml Eau de Parfum, and can be found now at Macy's. (via macys)

1. Dzingnut says:

I think I need a brain scan – I read the ingredients as “cinnabun” and “equilibrium”. Then wondered exactly what equilibrium would smell like.

• I want a perfume w/ a cinnabon accord.

I suppose equilibrium might smell like egotistical Welsh actors with anger management issues who may or may not also be Batman.

Cinnabon sounds good to me too. With a latte.

• Daisy says:

Too funny! as I read Dzings comment I was thinking….hmm, sounds like Dzing is hungry for a cinnabun and a latté !!!!
          hahahha! Robin, you and I are on the same wave length this morning….plus now I want a cinnabun and a latté too!

• I achieve equilibrium after a couple of cinnabons.

2. AnnS says:

The combo of notes sounds curious – at least test worthy next time I’m wandering around Macys. I like Queen Latifah, so hopefully this will be good. I wonder how much olibanum and incense will be in a mainstream fragrance.

There was incense in the original — not strong, but there.

3. dee says:

I liked the original Queen; not enough to give it a coveted spot in my shrinking perfume cabinet, but testing it was a nice surprise.
    If this one crosses my path, I’ll sniff it too!

The bottles are tough. It looked neat in pictures, but when I held it in my hand any goodwill towards it fled the building.

• miss kitty v. says:

And apparently it fled the building and went to Goodwill, because I’ve seen it there.

I thought the scent was better than the bottle too…I can live with that, it’s usually the other way around.

4. kaos.geo says:

Is it just me or they just picked a picture out of the original shoot and then:
    1) Magic Wand over dress
    2) Image -> Adjust Hue – Saturation
    3) Click on the Replace Color Checkbox (or “Colorize”)
    4) Move the Hue slider until changing the dress color as desired.
    Presto!
    I hope more work than that went into the creation of the flanker itself.
    I LOVE Latifah, and she looks gorgeous on the Ads, but c´mon! I offer to do the shot for free guys!

As I exclaim everytime a photoshop thingie falls around here…
    (and as a friend always says when he sees a retouched pic)
    BLUR MORE! :-)

Halle Berry’s flanker they did the same thing! Just turned the picture purple.

• kaos.geo says:

Im gonna go check now! thanks!

• Tama says:

Thanks for the photoshop tutorial – I have never quite known what the Magic Wand is for.

• kaos.geo says:

Hehehehe yes, they should name it Magic Flanker!

5. jonr951 says:

Oh I hope this is as nice as the original. It sure sounds like it. And I prefer the gold bottle to the red original. I can’t wait to try it! : )

6. Tama says:

I didn’t care for the original – just slightly more tolerable than Halle – but I will give it a try because I like her and it sounds interesting.

7. APassionateJourney says:

Ok, so my Macy’s got this yesterday. My friend called me yesterday to come and test the fragrance. I walked up to her and she sprayed the tester and I was very underwhelmed. There was a huuge blast of Cinnamon and spice. Mind you, she rang me up before I even smelled the tester. I was so excited to finally get it and the new Gucci I had forgotten to even test it. I guess my friend saw the expression on my face and said to me, “It’s really different on the skin.” I took her word for it as I was DETERMINED to fall in love with this scent. Queen Latifah needs me!

So, I get home and I sprayed it on myself and I’m glad I kept it. It’s VERRY different from her first scent. This is a sophisticated, spicy, classy scent. It’s a little lighter than the first. I’ll be testing it for a week to see what other notes I get and the lasting power but I am now in Love with it. I couldn’t stop sniffing my wrists.

• Tama says:

Glad to hear it’s lighter – the first one was too cloying for me.

8. maggiecat says:

I almost liked the first one and will happily try this one as I love cinnamon (and cinnabon, too, unfortunately).

9. APassionateJourney says:

Oops. I forgot to add that the bottle is beautiful. I love it a lot more than the first bottle.

10. olenska says:

I love Latifah as a fellow Jerseygirl, but good lord, there is a lot going on in that description. Spices AND white floral bouquets. Greens AND smoky incense. Fruits AND animalics. Looking forward to testing it…. if it’s all that, then she’s got my vote. But secretly hoping it’s not a hot Jersey mess.

11. Ojeda says:

Just tried it today — and it’s still pretty heavy. But like the original, it’s never unpleasant. It’s just A LOT of fragrance.

12. Sonam says:

I’m no expert, and I haven’t tried this out yet, but from hearing what everyone else is saying this sounds like it might smell like Dior Addict….can anyone confirm my suspicion? Or correct me if I’m wrong–I’m intrigued to find out… :)

13. thenoseknows says:

Sounds Awesome! LOVED the first Queen and this sounds Quite Magical itself! :-) cannot wait to smell! :-)

14. jonr951 says:

I guess Rihannas from Parlux is gonna be called Reb’L Fleur. : ) http://neonlimelight.com/2010/09/04/rihanna-reveals-perfume-name-talks-new-album-in-fan-chat/