Thymes Agave Nectar ~ new fragrance

Thymes Agave Nectar fragrance

Thymes has launched Agave Nectar, a new fragrance collection:

Refresh your state of mind with the uplifting fragrance of agave nectar. Bright and crisp, Agave Nectar Cologne leaves you feeling optimistic, no matter what your day calls for.

The notes include agave nectar, grapefruit, guava and lemon blossom.

Thymes Agave Nectar is available in 50 ml Cologne ($32) and in a variety of bath, body & home fragrance products. (via thymes)

1. MelissaJane says:

This one sounds refreshing. Thymes has some good stuff..love their Naia for the summer, their Gold Leaf is one of the few chypres still available for those of us who don’t want to smell like the grocery store produce aisle.

I am so behind I have not even smelled the Naia yet…there was a gift store near me that usually had the whole line, but they closed.

2. maggiecat says:

Thymes is affordable and pleasant, when you can find it. I didn’t care for Gold Leaf and haven’t tried Naia yet, but this line is found only in gift shops, locally, and the selection isn’t great. I’m not sure what agave nectar smells like – or is supposed to smell like – but I’ll certainly give it a try if i see it. Optimism is a good thing…

Yes, I mostly see it in gift shops too. And also have no idea what (if anything) agave nectar smells like…

3. JolieFleurs says:

I participated on the test panel for this; got notification the other day that they were going to release it. I had given it a pretty bad grade, but I don’t care for citrus at all. I found it very sour….probably the grapefruit note.

• abirae says:

Oooh! How did you get to participate in the test panel?

• JolieFleurs says:

abirae, I believe I signed up on the website when it first came online…I think you still can, It’s been fun, though I haven’t liked ANY of the scents I’ve been given to test. I feel bad!

Thanks! I love sour citrus, so might be right up my alley.

4. Tama says:

Agave nectar is the syrup made from agave plants to use as a low-glycemic natural substitute for sugar (or vegan replacement for honey). I just smelled mine and it just kind of smells generically sweet. Not sure what they could have done to make it fragrant.

Oh, I know what it is…we keep it in the house because my husband is diabetic. But don’t know what they’re using as “agave nectar” in this or any other perfume (if indeed they are using any natural derivative at all, which is not likely).

• Tama says:

Oh! hahaha – I guess I figured if you had any you’d have stuck your nose in it like I did. But I see what you mean.