J Del Pozo Ambar ~ new fragrance

J Del Pozo Ambar perfume

Jesús Del Pozo will launch Ambar in late August. The new fragrance for women celebrates the designer's 35 years in fashion.

Ambar was developed by perfumer Marie Salamagne; the notes for the floral amber perfume feature bergamot, tangerine, cardamom, iris, peony, green tea, amber, cedar and sage.

J Del Pozo Ambar will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette. (via condenast-profesional.es)

1. Isa says:

It sounds good -I love a lot of amber scents- and I like that bottle.

I live in Spain so I think I will find it easily everywhere in August. I will comment when I try it.

2. Alyssa says:

That bottle feels very seventies somehow–reminds me of Elsa Peretti’s Halston bottle.

It does, but it doesn’t look like a slavish copy. I like it.

• zeezee says:

Huh. Go figure: the bottle instantly reminded me of Yves Rocher’s signature style. Organically shaped bottle, coloured plastic (glass?), matching cap… Looks just ok, for me.

• zeezee says:

Forgot to add that I do adore the box. Love that industrial-meets-Art-Deco thing.

3. Veronika says:

Ambar is a persian word for granary… Why on Earth…? The next time we’ll hear the release of a “barn yard animal” perfume?

• Rictor07 says:

Its also Spanish for Amber, and since Jesus del Pozo is decidedly spanish, it makes perfect sense.

• miss kitty v. says:

I would go for something that smelled like a granary! Barnyard animals– not so much. :)

Yes, also means amber.

4. miss kitty v. says:

I really like that bottle, and bravo for having 30 ml available. Too bad I don’t like amber.

5. dee says:

Love the bottle! I’m not lemming for the juice though.

6. Nile Goddess says:

Sounds nice except for the iris and peony notes – they look a bit out of place there, especially the iris.

We do get J. del Pozo here so I’ll definitely report on the new fragrance. The ones he has so far are OK especially Halloween sells very well, and In White which IMO is a dead ringer for Pure Poison.

7. Joe says:

I like the bottle. What’s a good example of floral-amber? Attrape-Coeur?

I don’t have a good handle on the “amber” category sometimes.

• Joe says:

I googled and found another one: AG Grand Amour? And I like that and A-C, so I guess maybe I like the category, depending.

Bear in mind that in most classification systems, “Amber” as a category (as opposed to as a note) is synonymous with “Oriental”…so any floriental, really.

• Joe says:

Thanks for the … er… “clarification.”

No wonder “amber” and “oriental” both make me scratch my head. Maybe I need to spend time reading up on the fragrance classification systems and examples of each. Has anyone written “Perfume for Dummies” yet?

LOL…sorry. Ok, see if this helps:

Soft amber: Shalimar, Tabu, Guet Apens

Floral spicy amber: L’origan, Vol de Nuit, Poison, Nu, Red Door, Apres L’Ondee (I would not have guessed that last one, and to me it doesn’t fit)

Floral woody amber: Habanita, Magie Noire, Hypnotic Poison, Angel, Obsession

Floral semi-amber: Youth Dew, Opium, Coco Mademoiselle, Coco, Cinnabar, Chance

• Karin says:

Wearing Attrape-Coeur today…ahhhhhhh….LOVE IT!

8. maggiecat says:

Both the bottle and the notes have me salivating…wonder how long it will take to get this in the U.S.?

9. 50_Roses says:

Th bottle reminds me of the bottle for the original Shiseido Feminite du Bois, which, I suppose, in turn looks like the Halston bottle. I like amber scents, so I may give this a sniff if the opportunity arises.

10. RusticDove says:

Except for the peony note, this sounds pretty. Love me some amber. Count me as a fan of the bottle.

11. thenoseknows says:

Honestly, What’s not to like about this? I adore Amber in Fragrances (L’Artisan Amber anyone????) just a REALLY beautiful Scent. this sounds Incredibly Promising! And that Bottle is Just GENIUS! Very Old Style Guerlain for some reason…..