Jennifer Lopez Love and Glamour ~ new perfume

Jennifer Lopez Love and Glamour fragrance advert

Jennifer Lopez will introduce Love and Glamour in October. The new fragrance for women was developed...

...right after the babies and was when I was getting back to work and getting back to what I do again. It just felt like a time of a lot of love and that seemed very romantic to me — I said it seems like love and glamour. As a name, Love and Glamour seemed like a really aspirational, fun and beautiful thing that we could work with in many, many ways.

Love and Glamour was developed by perfumers Honorine Blanc and Harry Fremont; the notes include mandarin, guava, nectarine, water lily, coconut orchid, orange blossom, jasmine, sandalwood, sensual musk and amber.

Jennifer Lopez Love and Glamour will be available in 50 ($49.50) and 75 ($58) ml Eau de Parfum and in matching body lotion. It will be exclusive to Macys through mid-November. (via wwd)

Update: see a review of Jennifer Lopez Love and Glamour.

1. pigoletto says:

Sounds vaguely like a note rehash of Miami Glow.

That would be fine with me — I liked MG!

2. peter says:

Should be called Love and Photoshop.

LOL!

• kaos.geo says:

Hey it might be photoshopped, but at least it is like a 1000 times classier that the Paris Hilton Tease photo… This is a good photo IMHO. Old glamour made right. :-)

I liked that PH one, but this one *is* classier. Which all fits, right?

• nozknoz says:

I wonder if this photoshopping was done by the same photoshopper who did the Liz Taylor photo a few weeks ago. Beautiful photos of beautiful people made nearly unrecognizable. Joe was sure that Liz’s face had not been altered that much, and that could be true of this one, too, but they just don’t look like themselves (or, rather, not like most of their photos, since I’ve never actually seen either of them). It’s very curious!

3. smartylicious says:

I wish there were less fruit there. But I think her frags are a bit better than most other celeb perfumes. She’s beautiful. She doesn’t even need all that photoshop.

They usually are better, although did not think My Glow or Blue Glow were as good as the earlier scents.

• smartylicious says:

My favorite of hers was Still, lovely scent !! I don’t understand why they discontinued it.

Don’t know if its discontinued or not, but you can still buy it…Perfumania has it, among others.

4. LaMaroc says:

That pic is so Photoshopped it almost looks like a pastel drawing! I don’t know why, but whenever I see the word “glamour” I *still* associate it with its original “fae” meaning of a trick or spell of an illusion. Which fits in fine with that Photoshop job!

5. sunshine808 says:

The notes sound OK, but the name is very trite and longwinded.

Agree, not loving the name.

6. prism says:

that name is horrible

7. becca b says:

I hate to admit it, but I’ve worn Still and Glo for years, and are staples when I just don’t want to think too hard, or smell too odd. They’re comfortable, expected and, quite importantly, cheap, with good sillage.

I like Glow & Miami Glow. And thought Deseo was nicely done too.

8. jonr951 says:

I have to wait till Oct? I dont know about it. The name and the bottle are not doing much for me. And from the color and notes, it may be, and I say may be, another Viva copycat. Im talking to you Siren and Christian Audigier. It sounds like another fruity floral but JLO has done a nice job w/ those. The only 2 JLOs I cant stand are My Glow & Love @ 1st Glow. I rather liked Blue Glow. : )

Blue Glow did not grab me, but it wasn’t awful or anything. Still think Glow & Miami Glow were better…

9. jonr951 says:

Oh yes for sure. I LOVE Glow & Miami!! And I LOVE her Deseo even more. Deseo is my favorite. Im kinda over Live. I dont know, something about it really gets to me. Its kinda weird and a bit to much of something that really has me not liking it anymore. I hate to admit it but I like Live Luxe and After Dark alot. After Dark smells weird to me and thats why I like it. I seriously have no good taste whatsoever. : )

10. Amanda says:

I’m really fond of her earlier scents (Glow and Still in particular), so I’ll look out for this one. And I think the curvy bottle is striking too.

11. APassionateJourney says:

I haaate her Blue Glow. It’s her worst scent! I hope this can bring Jennifer back. She kinda lost me with blue and MyGlow. The bottle kinda looks like an Oscar :)

12. LaMaroc says:

It’s been bugging me all day who JLo looks like in that pic and it finally dawns at me at quarter to 10 at night: Leona Lewis (Brit singer – won “X Factor” right?). Nice that I can close *that* synapse now! *whew*

13. thenoseknows says:

First, Ok Those Cheekbones are from Another Dimension in that Photo! OMG! All the Spells In Merlin’s Arsenal couldn’t Conjure something like that up, Although Photoshop seems to know some different Magic! LOL!

Second, RIDICULOUS NAME! Jennifer, Baby, C’MON! Glamour would have been fine, Love would have been fine… Gilding Our Lilies now aren’t we Ms. Jenny Lo!

Third. Bottle=HIDEOUS! Like some twisted Crystal Version Of the Old Wings By Giorgio Beverly Hills Bottle. Not CLASSY AT ALL!

Finally… COCONUTS HAVE FRAGRANT ORCHIDS??? Why did i not know this til now? and why have they not been used in fragrance more often??? they Must Smell HEAVENLY!

and BTW, Glow and Still are some really LOVELY smelling Fragrances, I was so hesitant to like them, but they were Awfully nicely done. this one sounds like it will be Delicously Luscious and i am all over getting a whiff of this!

14. jonr951 says:

Robin where did u hear about LA Glow?! I am very excited! Dang JLo & her Glows! I can’t resist! They’re never gonna end r they? But then again, do I really want them to? LOL! : )

15. APassionateJourney says:

They showed Jennifer Lopez picking the ads with her team for this. Perfume on her Behind The Music. From the other pics they had in their hands…….they picked the best ad. I didn’t like those other pictures

16. jonr951 says:

The site for Love & Glamour is up now. It’s very nice. And tons, and I mean tons, of LA Glow bottles are up for sale on ebay right now. It’s kind of unbelievable how many are for sale! LOL! : )

Ack, I had sort of forgotten about LA Glow too. Thanks!

17. APassionateJourney says:

This is now available for purchase at Macy’s Herald Square in NY. She’ll be doing a perfume signing on Friday

Thanks, I’ll have to see if I can find anything about that online.

18. jonr951 says:

L.A. Glows notes and info are on jenniferlopezbeauty.com. Thanks to APassionateJourney for the tip! Ure the best! : )

19. jonr951 says:

Oh and it sounds delicious! LOL! : )

20. jonr951 says:

I got to try Love & Glamour today and I don’t know what you’re going to think Robin. It is fine and pleasant but that is about it. Very citrusy and fresh. This is no Deseo or Live or Still. I know I had a shampoo or something that smells just like it. It’s fine but just nothing that makes me want a bottle. I’ll get it someday because I LOVE her but not because I ADORE it. Next time Jen! : )

Oh, how weird — with that name, I thought she’d do something deep & ambery, like the Queen Latifah scent.

21. jonr951 says:

That is exactly what I was thinking too. Something deep & ambery. But nope. It is the total opposite. It’s like Blue Glows sister or cousin. It would have been perfect for the summer and would have made way more sense to release it in June or something. Oh well I guess. : )

22. jonr951 says:

Macys.com has it now. And it says it’s an EDT. Even the box on the picture says it’s an EDT. No wonder it didn’t last very long when I tested it. That’s too bad. Well it does seem like a summer scent so I guess an EDT is perfect. : )

Thanks, I”ll go check! (although of course I”m sure you’re right)

Hey, it does say “Eau de Parfum” though!

• jonr951 says:

Weird though right? I wonder why Macys says edt on the box in the picture?

It’s very odd. One of them is wrong! Could be that Macy’s is right since they actually have it for sale, but I’ll wait & see.

• jonr951 says:

APassionateJourney has it and the box and bottle say EDP. So the site is wrong. : )

23. jonr951 says:

The box was removed from the Macys pics. LOL! But they’re still advertising it as an edt. Silly. : )

24. Sonam says:

After reading the notes description, my guess was that this fragrance would be very light and wear off quickly, and so far I’ve only been able to sniff a magazine sample, but seconds after I opened it and sniffed, it seemed like the scent had already worn off! So now I’m definitely betting this won’t be a long laster, and therefore not a very stand-out and impression-making perfume…or at least not to me. ;)

25. jonr951 says:

Her new Love and Light is going to launch on HSN. I think. Haha. No details yet. Just a contest. : ) http://beauty.hsn.com/jennifer-lopez_c-bs_a-6612_xc.aspx?cm_re=Mods*LeftSide*JLo