1. Daisy says:

there’s bottle ho’s and then there’s BOTTLE HO’S !

2. RusticDove says:

I thought, geez, that must be one kick ass bottle, then looked at the picture with the article and thought, geez, it’s a frumpy little thing isn’t it?! I much prefer the bee bottle. ;-)

• I was thinking the same thing. Don’t care how old or rare it is, if I’m spending that much I also want something attractive to display.

• RusticDove says:

I know – right?! I mean, I understand why the bottle is special, but couldn’t it have been pretty too? LOL

Assume they did not buy it for the looks, yeah.

3. LaMaroc says:

Hmmm, wonder what that juice left in the bottle smells like. It’s very….dark. lol

Wouldn’t that be fun to smell?

4. BChant says:

That was a waste of money. i hope he enjoys it.

I don’t know, might well go up in value.

5. platinum14 says:

Wish I could live long enough to see how much my many empties (assuming I’ll live long enough to empty all of them) would go for…

6. CynthiaW says:

Was there even any juice in there? That’s the most important thing – and if they said anything about it, I missed it.

You know, it sort of looks like there *might* be something in the bottom, but not sure.

• annemarie says:

Yes indeed, what exactly was the fragrance I wonder? And did all Guerlain bottles look the same then, regardless of the juice? I’m guessing so. But I’m not into bottles for their own sake. One the juice is gone, they seem lifeless to me. Still, I’ll hang on to my Chanel No. 19 empties from the 1980s. Might raise a few bucks out of them one day.

• 50_Roses says:

In those days, it was common for a perfume house to use the same bottle for everything, with only the label distinguishing the contents. I don’t know whether Guerlain did this or not. Actually, this bottle is more interesting than many from its era. Quite often, they were very plain, simple, cylindrical or rectangular bottles. It was common for the purchaser to decant the contents into his or her own perfume bottle.