Davidoff Champion ~ new fragrance

Davidoff Champion cologne for men

Davidoff will launch Champion, a new sport fragrance for men. The bottle is in the shape of a dumbbell, a "symbol of power and masculinity".

Champion features notes of bergamot, lemon, clary sage, galbanum, oak moss and cedar.

Davidoff Champion will be available in 50 and 90 ml Eau de Toilette and in matching grooming products. (via jebe.de, saracomtequoi)

Update: Davidoff Champion was developed by perfumer Aurelien Guichard. (via cotypress)

1. antonpan says:

O my god! another one from davidoff – in 2008 adventure, in 2009 hot water, now – champion.
    I think they’ve decided to take the glory of 1 million and Only the Brave with a such bottle.

I have still not smelled Hot Water, although I finally saw it in Kohls yesterday.

• antonpan says:

At first sniff I was disappointed by Hot Water, but after some time I was imbued with it. Not bad.

2. lupo says:

That’s a good runner for the “Tacky 2010 Award”. Only The Brave will have a honour prize as Supreme Tacky Bottle, however.
    “Symbol of power and masculinity”. Good grief, then they talk about bending genders in perfumery… Not gonna smell this soup even under torture!

I don’t mind the bottle — it’s sort of funny.

• antonpan says:

I’m sure most of men and women (as a present) will buy Champion because of the bottle

• miss kitty v. says:

I definitely agree that it’s funny. Would make a great gift: “Here– I got you a dumbbell because… you’re a dumbbell.”

• HA! Good one Miss Kitty! :)

• NaturalSelektion says:

Or I got you a dumbbell because you’re such a symbol of power and masculinity..lol I dont want to say anything mean..so I’ll just keep my comments to myself about their quote to describe the bottle.

• thenoseknows says:

Funny HaHa? or Funny HeHe? LOL! :-D

3. platinum14 says:

That bottle… I looks more like something from Avon, but not Davidoff.

4. FragrantWitch says:

IMHO it looks like a bottle for the college jock who never grew up or out of his gold chain- wearing phase…maybe it will at least smell good!

Ouch!

• FragrantWitch says:

I know, looking at it in print it sounds bad! Apologies any offended. Let’s just say that I REALLY don’t like the bottle…

LOL…no worries, I was not offended.

5. BChant says:

I smelled Champion at a Coty training last month and I have to say that it is probably the best mass market release for men this year. I am really surprised that it is called a sport fragrance as it has a lot more in common with Antaeus than Cool Water. The juice is really wonderful and has great depth with the sparkling quality of a great chypre. It was a real surprise as there releases have not been as exciting. I would encourage everyone to try this very happy development.

• Joe says:

Well that sounds encouraging. I still don’t want that bottle on my shelf, but if it’s great, I could always decant.

Oh good, glad to hear it!

6. Joe says:

Dumbbell is right.

7. gerbick says:

It’s official. They have officially run out of ideas. A dumbbell? C’mon.

Last year, a fist. This year, a dumbbell. I’m waiting on Avon to bring back those car bottles from the 70′s and 80′s now.

• FragrantWitch says:

LOL, I remember being so thrilled to present one of to my dad on various occasions.

8. FragrantWitch says:

I mean ‘one of THOSE’…aargh bad typing and bad mood

9. Rictor07 says:

Mr. T should promote this fragrance. For those who hate it already, be prepared for many flankers. I am eagerly awaiting the the Champion for her, which will have a bottle shaped like a yoga mat.

10. Craig Su says:

I’m bummed that they actually are taking dumbbell as an inspiration for the bottle. I mean, don’t take everything too literal. Creativity is not that literal.

I am amused by the stapler from Paco Rabanne in early years. Then the house comes with a gold brick that awarded as some kind of the best fragrance. Now we have a dumbbell from Davidoff? This must be eying the best fragrance of a decade.

• Craig Su says:

OK. At least boys do not have to worry where to store the fragrance. Put it by the side of real dumbbells.

That’ll work.

11. eminere says:

What a terrible bottle.

Classic overcompensation.

12. Endymion says:

OH MY GOD! NOOO! This bottle must be a joke! Really. Is it April 1st? :)
    Well, I really can’t believe it! 2 things came into my mind. – they collected a huge amount of men sweat and bottled it. – or they made a scent that will erase intensive body odour after work out. But isn’t that called deodorant? Hm….
    They surely will advertise it with sweat drops on a bottle put on a huge biceps! ;D

13. patmckensie says:

The bottle looks actually pretty cool…Like when it’s eyes-catching & sleek.

I usually wear le Male or Dior Homme sport, but I think I’ll give this one a try when it’s available.

btw, @BChant: Do you know when it’s supposed to be released in Europe ?

14. henry says:

what do we want ?? A bottle or a perfume ?? Coty has forgotten who mr davidoff was……..This fragrance can be every popular brand ….I am getting bored,nothing new,nothing special ! Just a nice gift cause of the bottle maybe ??