Antonio Banderas The Secret ~ new fragrance

Antonio Banderas The Secret cologne for men

Antonio Banderas will launch The Secret, a new "prestigelike" fresh oriental fragrance for men, in August.

The Secret was developed by perfumer Christophe Raynaud; the notes include mint, grapefruit, cinnamon, pepper, apple liqueur accord, tonka bean, woods, musk and leather.

Antonio Banderas The Secret will be available in 30 and 50  ml Eau de Toilette. (via wwd)

1. kaos.geo says:

Well, you have to hand it to Puig’s bottle designers… they certainly make the bottles look purty.
    I mean so far all the Antonio Banderas’ fragraces I’ve tried smell like they are made with the cheapest possible materials without infringing IFRA’s standards… But the bottles are nice (or at least simple and clean)

This one is a knockout for me… I cannot help but loving it!
    As for the perfume itself…let’s see what “prestigelike” smells like…

They’ve raised the prices, apparently, but not by much: the 30 ml is $24. You’ll have to tell us if it smells any more expensive…

2. I’m not sure, but I think I’d rather small like Bruce Willis.

3. Daisy says:

good lord! “prestigelike” ?? what the heck is that supposed to tell the consumer? “we know it’s junk, but we’re hoping fool you…”

egad! but Kaos is right: the bottle is cool.

Truly, I think it’s supposed to tell the customer that you’ll smell like it came from Macy’s when it really came from Kohl’s.

• boojum says:

LOL! Sounds about right. But joining in on the bottle love (assuming it isn’t cheap/tacky in person).

4. 50_Roses says:

Chalk up one more fan for the bottle. It is cool-looking, and opaque or dark-colored bottles are also better at preserving their contents than the colorless bottles. I wish they were more widely used, especially for the pricey stuff. Is it just me, or does it seem like some of the most interesting bottles are on the downmarket stuff, while the really high dollar frags are in very plain, simple containers?

I don’t know what to think about the fragrance notes on this one, though. I can’t quite put those things together in my mind. I sounds a little strange.

5. meadowbliss says:

Is that a key hole center of bottle?
    Robin, lol about your comment–Macy’s vs Kohls! hee hee

6. poppy field says:

Brilliant. Now I’ve got ‘I’ve got the key, I’ve got the secret’ running around my brain. Any other old skool ravers in the house? No? Just me then… *wanders off humming…*

(in case you were wondering it’s by Urban Cookie Collective – youtube it if you’re that bored. It’s a bit rubbish really)

• zeezee says:

Aaaagh thanks a bunch – earworm!
      *I’ve got the key to another wa-y-yay-y…*

7. eckerd says:

Why can’t Antonio end up in Macys instead of selling in drugstores? Why doesn’t he just make a prestige fragrance? I wouldn’t say that every dept store fragrance is prestige quality either.

8. eminere says:

The bottle looks very derivative.