Extremely masculine

Actor Bruce Willis in a "making of" for his debut fragrance, Bruce Willis Eau de Parfum, for the German company LR Health & Beauty Systems. If you wait until the very end, they do show the bottle.

According to Women's Wear Daily, the Bruce Willis fragrance will be "extremely masculine".

The fragrance is set to debut in July, but will not be distributed in the US.

Update: Video no longer available, sorry!

1. Quarry says:

Oh, shudder.

2. Joe says:

I don’t even mind this concept so much, but…

“Bruce Willis Eau de Parfum” just SOUNDS wrong!!!!!

Very wrong! A contradiction in terms, nearly.

The bottle is about right though.

• Joe says:

In the end, I didn’t even notice the bottle. LOL

• Joe says:

No wonder… I clicked “stop” when the credits started rolling. My, but that is one UGLY-A**ED label!

3. Thalia says:

“Extremely masculine”? Maybe it will smell like Mandom!

And too bad they did not do a commercial to match! This is way too low key.

• Robin R. says:

Way too low-key is the new extremely masculine.

• AnnS says:

LOL – I was just thinking the same thing!! How can any fragrance “out man” Mandom!!! ;-)

• Daisy says:

bigger bottle? Mandom and Mandom Extra-large?
        and you can take that any way you want….

• RusticDove says:

My first thought too was, this is no mandom! ;-)

4. ScentScelf says:

So, if I’ve got this right, the theme of this fragrance is…OMG HE LOOKED AT ME!!!

After a beat. Of course.

And, whaddaya know? Wood up top.

Okay, enough making fun of the making of. Whatever. I still don’t know what’s inside, LR. Not that that matters. Wait…that’s just right for a celeb scent, isn’t it?

• meadowbliss says:

choking on coffee—-OMG! He looked at ME, too!:)

• scarlett_flesh says:

He was totally looking at me!

• meadowbliss says:

I kind of melted:) He is a burning hunk, can’t deny it.

• Daisy says:

LOLOL –you guys are killing me!

5. AnnS says:

Maybe it will just smell like Brut and we can all take a pass.

• AnnS says:

Eeks – OK – so I just watched it – he should have hired his buddy Robert Rodriguez to direct it – for Wilis there is a noticeable lack of blood and sweat in this promo! (Annd I am a huge fan of a lot of his offbeat films like 12 Monkeys, Unbreakable, Sin City, Planet Terror, etc.)

• Joe says:

I’m a big fan of “The Fifth Element”, myself, but don’t think I’ve seen a single one of the others you mentioned.

• AnnS says:

12 Monkeys is by far the best science fiction movie ever made. I am completely biased in this assesment. It is a Terry Gilliam movie if that helps put it into perspective.

• RusticDove says:

As sort of a sci-fi geek myself, 12 Monkeys *was* awesome, but I can’t say best ever. There’s so many great ones.

• AnnS says:

Rustic – hmmm – my next runner up for best ever sci fi is “Dark City.” Rent if if you have never seen it!!! I love love love sci fi – the darker, weirder and campier the better!

• RusticDove says:

OMG Joe – The Fifth Element is one of the most fun movies ever. And I get goosebumps when the Diva sings every time.

• boojum says:

Oh, good grief! Sin City was the worst movie I’ve ever seen. My husband and I had free passes, and there was absolutely nothing else showing at the time, so we went to that one…and very nearly walked out of the theater. It was horrible! I actually rather like Bruce Willis though.

• sarahbeth says:

I hate to admit it but I find him adorable. No comment on the fragrance.

• AnnS says:

I think the majority of my appreciation for the Sin City movie comes from the fact that my husband has EVERY graphic novel by what’s his face – Frank Miller – so I was well vested with the story line and genre. They were able to convey the appearance of Frank Miller’s work very successfully in that weird film style they picked. It was pretty raw at some points though, and not something I would always want to watch.

• Jill says:

You’re not alone, I loved Sin City!

• Tama says:

I loved Sin City and got completely obsessed about Mickey Rourke as a result. I have always loved Bruce Willis – his is my ideal body type – fit, but with a bit of subcutaneous fat to keep you from getting bruises. ;-)

• AnnS says:

Tama – yes Mickey Rourke was amazing in that movie. Too bad he won’t be in the next one, whenever that is released. And hello, Clive Owen, my own personal dream boat!

If you have a super duper crush on Willis, then you should watch Unbreakable, if you haven’t already. You will like him even more!

Oh, and for those of you with the extra special “camp chip” installed in the brain who can make it through Planet Terror, you will find out the most excellent news that Willis’ character in the movie was the man who fictionally offs Bin Laden. Very funny stuff. Planet Terror is a very campy zombie movie, but some pretty gross out parts not for the faint of heart!

• Perfumella says:

Oh I loved Sin City to death (and most of his movies) – and I share a birthday with Bruce Willis!! I didn’t even hate Hudson Hawk!

However, this will not make me run out and buy his fragrance. Or even want to smell it. Or be in the same room as it.

• zeezee says:

Was he in 12 Monkeys? *Jaw drops* I totally ignored/forgot/erased that fact. I enjoyed that movie very much, unlike the dude in question. Must be the cause of my cognitive dissonance, here.

• monkeytoe says:

If it smells like old-school pre-1978 Brut, I would be over the moon happy.

6. meadowbliss says:

Guess it’s only a matter of time before Ashton Moocher, I mean Kutcher comes along w his scent– Skunk’d?

7. NaturalSelektion says:

I was waiting for the music to stop and for someone to jump out and say, “Ha ha just kidding!” I was having trouble watching after 5 seconds. It looks like a bottle of cheap liquor. Not really sure what to make of this project of his…

• miss kitty v. says:

Yeah, I actually thought this was a joke at first. I can totally understand why they would not be releasing it in the US. (I do feel sorry for whatever part of the world–Germany?–does have to suffer it.)

• parfumliefhebber says:

Thank you so much ;-) Bruce Willis and a fragrance, 2 completely different things (yeah I admit it, I like him, and he was also looking at me :-D

8. Lovetosmell says:

Ewww No!!! ….Fail.

9. fleurdelys says:

I went to college with Bruce Willis, and who woulda thunk way back then…that one day he’d actually have his own eponymous fragrance?!? (Hee!) The “extremely masculine” description made my thoughts drift to “Mandom” too (as well as “Sex Panther”).

10. Daisy says:

well, I kind of like Bruce Willis. But this fragrance? ahhh, no.
    Although I really enjoyed the ultra-masculine music while they were hanging out at an extremely masculine sort of place, being , you know, just really masculine. ;-)

• Tama says:

I watched it twice cause of the music! lol

11. prism says:

i have something ‘Extremely masculine’ already and it’s called ‘Kouros’ by YSL lol.

no need for more! :D

12. Parfumesse says:

I couldn’t care less about his fragrance,I just wanted to see that grin of his. :-)

• sarahbeth says:

Totally agree, and oh it was so directed at MOI and only MOI!!!!(Okay I don’t know how to do the smiley face thingy but there would be one right here if I did..)

13. Krizani says:

All the bottle is missing is a few bullet holes in the label.

14. OMG. I would have dream 1000 dreams of a Bruce Willis fragrance but not this… Eau de Parfum? This is a fake ad. Impossible.
    LA

15. Whoa. Never saw that Mandom commercial before. Pretty scary stuff.

I really like Bruce Willis’s cockiness. If this stuff smelled good, I’d wear it and proudly announce it. Tongue in cheek is good if the scent is up to it. THAT’S the spirit of Bruce Willis! ;)

16. Tara says:

ICK!!!

17. annemarie says:

For fun I’ve just revisited the Mandom ad, and also the ‘I’m on a horse’ ad for Old Spice. They cheer me up no end. The world is such a funny place.

• AnnS says:

All ads should be as funny and charming as that Old Spice one!

18. Okay guys, I will see if I can get it. I AM in Germany, right? (though I think it is a joke… is it? is it?!)
    I will keep you informed.