Bond no. 9 Andy Warhol Montauk ~ new fragrance

Bond no. 9 Andy Warhol Montauk perfume

Bond no. 9 will launch the latest fragrance in the Andy Warhol series in late May. Andy Warhol Montauk is a unisex scent inspired by the Long Island beach town that was a favorite of Warhol's.

The woody citrus was developed by perfumer Laurent Le Guernec; the notes include bergamot, white laurel, blueberry, hyacinth, lily of the valley, honeysuckle, amber, driftwood, silver maple and red oak.

Bond no. 9 Andy Warhol Montauk will be available in 2 bottle designs featuring Warhol's Sunsets series. 100 ml Eau de Parfum, $220. (via wwd)

1. Tara says:

Such beautiful bottles…I am not so sure about the juice.

What is a blueberry note? (Sorry to be so uninformed ). Does that mean something like a sweet blueberry scented marker smell or some else entirely (I hope so) ?

• monkeytoe says:

You never know. It could be generic fruity, or tart, or sweet, or, least likely, actually smell like a crushed wild blueberry–middling sweet, with tart, fruity, green and bitter notes all tied up in a bit of foresty leafy woods.

Strawberry often translates as strawberry candy, blueberry usually just smells vaguely like berries to me…usually not all that different than if they’d listed blackberry or some other berry. But trying to think of a perfume with a really strong blueberry note and can’t think of any, although there are certainly perfumes w/ blueberry.

• mals86 says:

I got lotsa blueberry out of Bois de Paradis. (Did not enjoy, although I love the real thing.)

• pyramus says:

Anna Sui Night of Fancy smells of creamy blueberry candy. Nothing at all like a fresh blueberry, or even a blueberry muffin, but it’s recognizable for what it is.

• Joe says:

I’m thinking that the Voluspa Wild Huckleberry thing is probably similar as well to a “blueberry note”… though I’ve never smelled it and can’t think of any others that I’ve smelled blueberry in.

2. Nina says:

Love the bottles. Not sure I believe a word of the notes.

I want the purple one!

• Jill says:

I agree, I love that purple bottle!

• mals86 says:

Oh, I would much rather have the yellow. But it’s a “woody citrus” which is Just Not Me, so the whole point is moot.

• pyramus says:

Disbelieving the notes is usually a wise stance, but with Bond No. 9 it’s always advisable. I like a bunch of their scents, but I find that there is often a very wide gulf between what they say a scent is and what it actually smells like.

Really, more so at Bond that elsewhere? I mean, they’re usually of limited (but better than nothing) value.

3. mariotgomez says:

I have enjoyed Silver Factory, Lexington Avenue and Success is a Job in New York, other AW Bond No. 9 fragrances. I look forward to being able to experience the newest addition.

Still think Silver Factory is one of the best things Bond has every done…

4. jonr951 says:

Wow! This looks and sounds amazing! Those bottles! I want them both! Im kinda leaning towards the yellow though! A woody citrus sounds AMAZING!! Im really really excited about this one!!! : )

Save those pennies if you want both!

5. Joe says:

For some reason, at first my mind said “Andy Warhol’s Wantagh”… which, if you know anything about Long Island, is pretty damn hilarious.

I think I connect them in my head because the vowels are both similar and funny in L.I. accent: “wonnn-tawwww” & “monnn-tawwwk”.

Unfortunately I know zip about LI :-)

• Tara says:

I think Long Island has some of the funniest names…Patchaugh (I think I that right), Quogue, Wantaugh…(my uncle lives in Wantaugh and it certainly isn’t Montauk!!)..

6. APassionateJourney says:

Ohhhh, I can’t WAIT to try these!

7. Na says:

very nice bottles!

just out of curiosity, does Ancy Warhole just design the bottle or does he have some say in the perfume as well?

Sadly, he is deceased. The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts licenses his name to Bond for these scents. The bottle designs are all based (some more directly than others) on his artwork.

• Na says:

woo… now I wish I hadn’t asked the question. I should google first next time. But thanks Robin!

8. k-scott says:

Not sure about the juice. I think the whole thing will rest on how well the blueberry note is done, and subtlety should be key- I can imagine that a boisterous blueberry would drown out every other note. Come to think of it, are there any other blueberry perfumes? I can’t think of anything by comparison other than generic “berries” like Parisienne.

Anywho, if I’m not sure about the juice I am quite sure about the bottle- it’s a stunner! Would love to add the purple one to my collection. Now when are they going to do an Andy Warhol Marilyn scent? THAT would make a stunning bottle.

Good question — wonder if that’s a problem in terms of needing permission to use her name as well? But would think that bottle would sell like gangbusters no matter what you put in it.

9. Julia says:

I was at Saks today and they didn’t know of these. However, there is a new exclusive called Saks Fifth Avenue En Rose. All I can tell you so far is rose plus peach or something. I also tested the Chinatown cream and lotion today so that may be where I’m getting peach.

• Julia says:

Sorry, it is Saks-en-Rose. Not a very pretty bottle either.

Just got that press release last night & posted about it this morning.

• Julia says:

Need some?

Julia, that’s very kind, thanks! I think they’ll send me a sample but I’ll get back to you if they don’t.

• Julia says:

No problem. I’ve taken the article on sample acquisition to heart and I have discovered that I will do just about anything for samples. Of course, nothing opens up the samples drawer like spending a lot of money on fragrances!

10. Queen_Cupcake says:

I want blueberry in my fragrance just as much as I want it in beer or wine. Which is to say: not at all.

11. jcastano says:

I have a sample of this stuff and I love it! I’m usually not a fan of niche but Bond always makes a great scent that’s not overpowering. This is one of them and man does it smell great! I can’t wait to purchase a bottle! Anyone who is curious of how this smells, think of Ed Hardy Love & Luck for men but less powdery.

12. lilithlovesshiraz says:

Does anyone else find the Bond No9 perfumes ‘watery’ I can’t quite explain what I mean, but they don’t seem good value for the £££ tag. I did like Chinatown because it seemed more ‘oily’ and less watery. Warms on the skin and stays a while. Some of the florals just vanish. ‘Chelsea Flowers’ was it? Floral air freshener, and then Poof! Gone!