L’Occitane Paeonia / Peony ~ new fragrance

L'Occitane Paeonia / Peony perfume

In conjunction with the upcoming launch of their Peony makeup collection, L'Occitane will introduce a Paeonia / Peony fragrance:

The fragrant atmosphere of a garden filled with peonies on a spring morning...

The notes include bergamot, pomelo, peony, rose, sandalwood and white musk.

L'Occitane Paeonia / Peony will be available in May, in 75 ml Eau de Toilette, 10 ml roll-on and in matching body products.  (via smartdeconews.es, dailyrecord.co.uk)

1. I cannot wait to try this one!

:-)

• fiom81 says:

wow!!! I tried it on in the vancouver store!! Its absolutely gorgeous. Intense and floral at the same time… It really works!

• lemonprint says:

Yes, this sounds really good!

2. Nina says:

I’m a bit of a sucker for peony. Also the colour pink. Doomed.

LOL…might as well order it in advance ;-)

3. rbrown says:

Oh if they can do this right I’ll buy a case – I love peonies!

I love the flower, but rarely peony perfume. Will certainly try it though!

4. mals86 says:

A May release is perfect… my Sarah Bernhardts always bloom then.

Why is it so hard to do peony right? Hope this one’s nice.

I don’t know, but agree — it’s never right in perfume, in fact, peony to me usually means “nondescript pale-watery pink floral”.

5. dee says:

This sounds pretty! And, 10ml roll on! I love that… I feel much less guilty when I buy on impulse when there’s a 10ml available : )

Yes, like that they’re doing more small sizes lately.

6. Absolute Scentualist says:

Peony isn’t something I usually go for where perfume’s concerned though it is a lovely flower. I loved their gorgeous gourmand/oriental Neroli, however. It’s beautiful and has amazing lasting power, especially for L’Occitane.

That series is longer lasting than most from the line.

• fiom81 says:

yeah, i think it lasts longer because its an eau de parfum and not an eau de toilette…. more concentrated. I tried the neroli too… such a sunny smell.

7. Tama says:

Seems like bergamot would really stomp on peony. I would love to find a perfume that smelled like peonies, but so far, no go. Maybe some things are just too elusive….

There’s bergamot in so many perfumes (and so many more than list it) in the top notes…I don’t think of it as stomping on things really.

8. JeninDC says:

I really like peony. I can’t wait to try this but I suspect Robin is right about the pale watery floral.

Worth a shot though!

• fiom81 says:

yeah, they’ve got the testers out for the new peony make up line too. How cool… natural make up at last! :)

9. fountaingirl says:

If you live near a brick and mortar L’Occitane, check in with them — mine has samples!

Mine almost never has samples of anything, or if they do, they’re keeping them for people who are buying things :-(

• boojum says:

I wish mine had decent samples…it has a very lonely SA who is very happy to give me what they have… but they’re usually a scented cloth, or a dab of scent between foil.

I’m not sure they even do vial samples any more, although they used to.

• Julia says:

I don’t think they do sample vials, but I’ve only been in the store a handful of times. I did sniff the new peony when I was there over the weekend, and it was nice. I’m afraid I didn’t pay enough attention to Paeonia because I wanted to smell the Rose 4 Reines and the other rose. I’m new to their scents, but I really like the Labdanum de Seville and wound up purchasing a mini Amber edt. She included a few samples but the fragrances are towelettes not vials. I also liked the shopping baskets.

10. mjr17 says:

Peonies are definitely among my favorite smelling flowers and I long for a fragrance that captures them. I doubt this will be it, but I will *definitely* try it because….ahhh….if only!

Might as well!

• fiom81 says:

actually, you’ll be pleasantly surprised! You really should go and try the tester!

11. redscorpio says:

Sounds like its worth a try although I’m still cranky that L’Occitane stopped making Vanille which was lovely.

Yes, they really have a habit of discontinuing older lines, it can be annoying.

• fiom81 says:

well I’ve heard that in october they’ll be launching a new honey vanilla line… Wonder what its going to be like. I was using the honey line before, but it was discontinued too… I was quite upset, but the staff told me its because they are natural products. They have to stop harvesting certain elements, to enable them to grow again… like honey, being discontinued because of the lack of honey bees…. so they’ve had to reformulated to accommodate… hence honey vanilla in october… we’ll see.

12. Momlady says:

Must every thing contain white musk? Yes, I know…it helps it shimmer…radiate..whatever…unfortunately it make everything smell the same in the drydown. Worse for me…it makes everything shimmer, radiate…barf! yak! Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. They totally had me ’til that last ingredient…*sighs*.

To me, it makes everything smell like dryer sheet.

• Momlady says:

*snorts*lol. Glad I already swallowed that sip of coffee!

13. hongkongmom says:

the bottle looks gorgeous, if it is indeed the smae type of glass that they used for their new immortelle face cream..it is kind of transluscent yellow!!
    the fume itself i would love to sample but i have not found one of their scents that i like enough to purchase

I really liked some of the early green tea scents, and there are others I would purchase if I could find them in small sizes…seems like whenever they do small sizes, those sell out first.

14. OperaFan says:

I can’t believe I passed up an opportunity to sniff this one. On a rare trip to the mall Saturday, I went in to purchase a hostess gift set and a tester bottle was sitting on the counter. In a hurry and not wanting to mix with what I was already wearing, I decided against spritzing….

Glad to hear there are testers already!

15. fiom81 says:

i’ve completely fallen in love with the new almond body tonic… anyone tried it?

I haven’t! Need to get over there and try the new stuff.

• fiom81 says:

ahhh….. its all so addictive!!

16. kaos.geo says:

This just arrived at the Lóccitane store that is just around the block here in buenos aires, I guess they were holding it for a “spring” release.

I tried it on a paper strip as I believed it would be too feminine.
    But surprise surprise… it is not! I can picture wearing this layered over O Boticario’s Vetiver :-)

Initial notes are Peony and wood may be the sandalwood, but it is a light wood, dry, not what I usually would associate with sandalwood.

I don’t get the bergamot, but the pomelo shows up right after a couple of minutes.

After that the peony reappears but more subdued and classic, more like the flower and not as fresh as the beginning.
    The woods become more prominent and this is about 20 minutes from spritzing.

After that I can only detect the woods fading away and just a hint of the white musk.

I really like this and will try on skin later. Perhaps I could get the 10ml :-)