Yves Rocher FlowerParty ~ new perfume

Yves Rocher FlowerParty perfume

Yves Rocher will launch FlowerParty, a new fruity floral fragrance for women, this Spring.

FlowerParty was developed by perfume Philippe Romano, and the notes include orange, mandarin, litchi, raspberry, rose and vanilla.

Yves Rocher FlowerParty will be available in 30 and 50 ml Eau de Toilette and in matching body products. (via sfilate.it, pointsdevente.fr, osmoz)

1. Absolute Scentualist says:

This has a lot of notes I like and at YR’s prices, I’d love to give it a try. I haven’t bought a fragrance from them yet. Are they any good?

I’d say they vary, but most of them are really well done for the price, and some of them are fantastic for the price.

2. Quarry says:

Yes, A.S., they’re generally nice fragrances, especially considering the price point.

3. Jillie says:

Do give them a try – sometimes can be a bit hit or miss, but I am a great fan of their Rose Absolue which compares very favourably with Lancome’s Rose, but at a fraction of the price (especially if you wait for special offers). I am quite horrified to realise that I have been buying their products for about 30 years, so they must be doing something right! And they will refund your money if something really doesn’t suit you.

Rose Absolu is a great scent, agree.

• CynthiaW says:

I love Rose Absolue – and Iris Noir, too. I keep dithering over whether to buy the new Jasmine unsniffed or not… it’s not like it’s a big investment if I hate it.

4. Jillie says:

And PS: this does sound nice and I will try it too!

5. Tama says:

I like Yves Rocher, too. Their Iris is one of the few irises I wear.

I think it’s kind of funny that it is called Flower Party when there is only one flower on the list. Kind of a lonely party!

I get the feeling this was maybe vaguely inspired by MJ Daisy? Who knows.

6. Zazie says:

I want so badly to try YR Gardenia, but it is not distributed in Europe, if I’m not mistaken…
    You can’t find it anywhere…. :(

I don’t know that one, sorry!

• Zazie says:

I’ve read somewhere that is one of the truest (and cheapest) rendition of gardenia, done with headspace technology… I think for some time it has been only available in the US, but that is all I know (not much!!).

Weird. My YR boutique closed several years ago, sadly.

• camia says:

The Yves Rocher Gardenia is amazingly like the real flower! It was available in Canada a couple of years ago but they closed the store where I first came across it.

7. AnnieA says:

Rose Absolute is pretty, as is Tendre Jasmin. ALWAYS wait for a sale with them (it won’t be a long) as they can easily go to half price.

So true — it is crazy to pay full price at Yves Rocher.

8. Cute ad, cute bottle, nice company. Flower Party would be a nice gift. I have the Comme D-something-or-other Evidence – I keep it in my car console for emergency perfume spraying.

Yes, looks like it would be a good gift.

9. Jill says:

That ad is cute — and I do like and own quite a few of YR’s scents. I really like their Voile d’Ambre.

• RusticDove says:

I agree – the picture in the ad is adorable – she has such a 70′s vibe going on. I also like the Secrets d’Essences line. I’m really curious about their one called So Elixir, I think? It’s not available in the US yet – couldn’t find it @ their site anyway. I guess this new one will take a while to get here too.

• miss kitty v. says:

The ad is *really* cute. At first I thought it was a 60′s model, like Jenny Boyd. Then I thought it was Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley. Whoever it is, I like the ad. YR makes nice, affordable fragrances, and I’m all for that.

• Jill says:

It does look like Jenny Lewis! Whoever she is, she’s cute.

They really do take *forever* to release the new scents here, it’s annoying.

10. Lisa D says:

I’m in total agreement about the Rose Absolute, and when it’s on sale (as it often is) it’s practically free.

11. Dixie says:

I love their Cocoon! I have to wear it sparingly due to my Patch allergy though, but it’s lovely.

That’s another nice one…

12. vlinder says:

this one is delicious! Very special smell it smells happy, carefree, cheecky, cute, girly and good enought to eat. on my skin it starts of as a childish candysmell that i dont like, but then it transforms in a warm very creamy flowery/fruity vanilla scent. it goes more to the fruity than flowery side. I find it sweet but not sickenly sweet. It smells very young but the composition is not oninteresting and has depth. I think it would be perfect for young women but i dont think that it would be out of place on older women who feel young.