Givenchy Summer Vibrations ~ new fragrances

Givenchy Play Summer Vibrations

Givenchy has launched Summer Vibrations, new summer limited edition flankers for Givenchy Play and Very Irrésistible Givenchy.

Givenchy Play Summer Vibrations (above left) ~ with cilantro, citrus, sea spray and amyris wood. In 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Givenchy Very Irrésistible Summer Vibrations (above right) ~ with mandarin, blackcurrant, sea spray, rose and frangipani. In 75 ml Eau de Toilette.

(via marionnaud.fr)

1. APassionateJourney says:

I can’t WAIT to get the play!!

It is a cool bottle…makes me think the original should have been jazzier.

2. jonr951 says:

O MY GOSH!!! I LOVE, and I mean LOVE, Cilantro!!! Would have never thought of smelling like it but I’m very excited about this!!! I didnt care for the original Play at all. But I really enjoyed Play Intense. Im looking forward to Summer Vibrations. I hope I see it sooner than later. : )

Bet they’ll be at Sephora soon.

• I love Cilantro but haven’t experienced it in perfume. I’ll definitely check out both LE’s.

3. Celestia says:

The Play is citrusy and light; the VIG is quite good. I love the sea spray aspect of both! Can’t wait for the women’s version of Play coming in the fall!

Sadly, I think I can wait. Not a huge fan, although the Intense version was nice.

• I’m supposed to receive an advance bottle, I’ll let nst know when I get it. :)

4. wilz says:

I never liked PLAY. Will this be a breakthrough though? Maybe worth a sniff, but definitely not a bottle I suppose!

5. Flora says:

Gack – I can’t stand cilantro leaf in any sort of concentration, I won’t even say what it smells like to me, so the Very Irresistible one actually sounds like the better of the two. Givenchy certainly has taken a tumble in my estimation over the past few years.

• annemarie says:

Mine too. I’ve always found Very Irresistible very easy to resist indeed. I love the blackcurrant note in Guerlain’s Chamade and would be intrigued to try it in other fragrances, but this sounds ackily sweet to me. Maybe it will be rescued by ‘sea spray’ – eau de diesel oil and rotting seaweed. Sorry …

6. Absolute Scentualist says:

The Very Irresistable sounds good. I like frangipani as a note. But yes, I’ll agree that Givenchy hasn’t been one of my fave houses as of late.

They make a few things I really love, but they’ve never been a favorite brand of mine.

7. k-scott says:

If I liked the original Givenchy Play at all I would be kinda excited about a summer flanker with cilantro, sea spray, and wood- that sounds really cool! But didint like Play at all, so I don’t expect I’ll llike this either.

8. prism says:

i wished they’d do more fruity scents for summer special editions for men….

*sigh*

9. eckerd says:

Tried this one today. Love the bottle and the fragrance is great for the summer. I was a big fan of Play and Play Intense. I purchased Intense at launch so I decided to get this one.