Hanae Mori No. 1 ~ new fragrance

Hanae Mori No. 1Hanae Mori No. 1Hanae Mori No. 1

Hanae Mori will launch Hanae Mori No. 1, a limited edition fruity floral for women, this spring. It is the first in a projected series called Eaux de Collection.

Hanae Mori No. 1 was reportedly "created using renewable energy sources", and a portion of the proceeds (up to 5%) will go to the non-profit Clean Air Cool Planet. The notes feature bergamot, black currant, grapefruit, mulberry leaf, blackberry, jasmine, raspberry, white musk, sandalwood, amber and vanilla.

Hanae Mori No. 1 will be available in 100 ml, $95. (via Women's Wear Daily)

1. sunshine808 says:

There’s something about the contrast between the sweet and the tart citrus notes, that makes this sound worth trying. Shrugs.

• abirae says:

Yeah, I was thinking that the list includes even more berries than most fruity florals. I like berries though, so I’ll keep an eye out for it. And for some reason, I keep reading “blackberry jasmine” as “blackberry jam”.

• sunshine808 says:

I like dark berries when don’t smell *heavy*. I still have an ignored bottle of Badgley Mischka Couture in my collection, that I can’t interest my 50-something mother in. The plum and blackberry are nice, but the patchouli takes out any chances of a subtle smell.

Could be. The 1st HM is awfully sweet though.

2. Absolute Scentualist says:

It looks like this has almost as much in terms of berries as HM Red Butterfly, one of my fave perfumes, does. Definitely worth a try or picking up when it hits the discounters.

It’s a huge favorite, so sure this will sell — but not for me.

3. miss kitty v. says:

Maybe it’s just me, but I find it annoying that this is called No. 1 when they have other fragrances in existence. I know, I know… it’s No. 1 of a *collection*, but still…

I hate the name just on principle. Too many numbered series out there already, and too hard to google them.

4. I like the bottle and color of the juice. I like Magical Moon and wear it frequently but Butterfly is too sweet for me.

It is a pretty bottle!

5. APassionateJourney says:

I smelled this yesterday at Nordies along with the new Chanel. I liked this one. I dunno if I’d pay 95 bucks for it, though :(.

Thanks, haven’t smelled it yet…you guys always beat me to it!

• jonr951 says:

Totally agree w/ APJ. Its nice but totally not worth $95. It is the best purple scent I’ve smelled. But thats not saying much. lol.