Halle Berry Pure Orchid ~ new fragrance

Halle Berry Pure Orchid

Halle Berry has launched Pure Orchid, her second fragrance for women:

Beauty blooms within. A seductive, sensual experience awaits you with Halle Pure Orchid, the floral, woody fragrance from Halle Berry.

The notes for Pure Orchid include jungle cactus flower, lemon, blackberry creme, star anise, masdevallia orchid, giant sequoia and patchouli.

Halle Berry Pure Orchid is available in 15 ml Eau de Parfum, $16, and I'll update when more sizes become available. It can be found now at Walmart. (via walmart, with many thanks to APassionateJourney for the tip!)

Update: Halle Pure Orchid is a limited edition fragrance, and is described as a voluptuous floral. It was developed by perfumers Rodrigo Flores-Roux and Christophe Raynaud. (via wwd)

Another update: see a review of Halle by Halle Berry Pure Orchid.

1. CynthiaW says:

:runs screaming from thread

Anise, patchouli, *and* Halle? I don’t know if I’ve recovered from my sampling of Halle last summer yet.

But, since I’m a glutton for punishment, I’m sure that I’ll sniff it when I see it.

I really liked Halle, although as I said then, it would have been much better if it weren’t so cheap.

• CynthiaW says:

lol – I might have liked it had I not tried it during the heat wave this summer. However, it has been forever tainted – then I passed my sample on to Daisy and tainted it for her too.

It is heavy & sweet! And this one sounds like it might be the same.

• Daisy says:

hmmm…. so I’m a “tainted daisy”….makes me sound so much more interesting than I really am! ;-)

• Julia says:

Ugh. Me, too. It turned funky on me and it gave me a headache. I bought a little plastic tube of it (a roll-on, I think), when I was sampling celebrity frags. I had to get rid of it right away. I don’t think I will even try this out of curiosity because “blackberry creme” sounds like migraine in a bottle. Or something from BBW.

• ami says:

Cynthia, you are so dedicated, determined and firm :) Halle should be moved.

2. parfumliefhebber says:

Hm, I will give it a try as it comes overhere. The first Halle scent was not bad, but it smelled too synthetic on my skin. It was definitely one of the better celeb scents.

Yeah, really too bad they couldn’t have used more expensive materials.

3. Lovetosmell says:

Same here I will give thisa try if I see at my local shop.But, I didn’t care for Halle’s first fragrance.I had a bottle of it and I wore it and finished a bottle.But, to me it was not anything special and it didn’t last.So, I am not really interested in this flanker.I knew a flanker was coming for this.But, this lacks imagination the bottle’s color is tweaked and the ad looks like the same beach from the first ad just photoshopped to have that orchird color.When I look at this it reminds me of SJP Covet Bloom.

You know, I didn’t even pick up on the fact that this was a flanker, but now that I look, it’s obvious that it is. And I think you’re right about the photoshop!

• Lovetosmell says:

You know what I looked at a picture of SJP Covet and then SJP Covet Bloom same dress and backround but different bottle.This one at least has Halle is a different dress.LOL But, its a total flanker.I think Halle could of been much better if it were made with better ingredients as said above.And made with a better bottle a pure parfum could of been awesome.But, they took the cheap route instead.But, its one of the better celebrity fragrances for sure.

4. sacre bleu says:

I’ll take the bait, dare to say this “smells” interesting in my mind, and I will look for a tester to sniff. I liked the first one, though it wasn’t FBW for me . . .

It wasn’t FBW for me either, but thought it was quite good for the price.

5. Daisy says:

Despite Cynthia’s emphatic warning, I overapplied the Halle and it nearly killed me. Very strong or just bloomed on me….and naturally it had the half-life of Uranium 237. Glutton for punishment that I am, I’ll gladly sniff Orchid, but only close to home (where the Tide is) .

Better safe than sorry :-)

6. mals86 says:

Anything that contains the note “blackberry creme” is pretty much going to be a NO for me personally. But I applaud the 15ml bottle.

• Julia says:

I didn’t see your comment when I dissed “blackberry creme” myself. I don’t like “purple” scents – treacly sweet on me. Philosophy has a frag that is some sort of purple berry with musk that kills me. I can’t even do the high-end rendition of it like Mure et Musc. I guess I’ve been looking at Marshall’s so much that I’ve started to define fragrances by the colour of the box.

• mals86 says:

I don’t care much for purple itself, except on flowers and on the fruits that are supposed to be purple.

• miss kitty v. says:

I have to admit that I like the purple stuff. I love Mure et Musc, have a bottle of Trish McEvoy Blackberry Vanilla Musk, and love VS’s Love Spell because it smells like grape popsicles. So I’ll play guinea pig and try this. (Although like Cynthia and Daisy, my Halle experience was not a good one.)

• Daisy says:

I think we may need a support group ……Halle Survivors

LOL!

• Joe says:

Goodness gracious, people! You think you’d know how to test scents sparingly by now! :D I put a tiny dab of Halle on the back of my hand when walking through Sears (yes, on my way to the electronics dept) once and it was fairly nice for what it was… I could see it useful as a cheap thrill. Haha. This orchid thing doesn’t sound like my thing in any way though.

I’m with Miss Kitty in being a Mûre et Musc fan.

• CynthiaW says:

It wasn’t *that* big of a spritz – it was getting in to my 1000 degree car afterwards and being suffocated with Halle. But, I have learned my lesson (somewhat) – I have steadfastly resisted spraying anything sold in Walgreen’s on myself without testing it on a blotter strip first.

7. Tama says:

“Jungle cactus flower” makes me laugh. I never really thought that cactus and jungle could be in the same sentence.

The original was horrible on me, too, all butter and burned caramel. This sounds interesting and if I’m near it I’ll sniff it, but I’m not going out of my way.

I think I am one of the few here who can enjoy berries.

But there are jungle cacti — cacti that grow in tropical jungles. An example:

• Tama says:

Oh, Christmas Cactus! I have one on my desk (sniff sniff – not much). I don’t think of those as cacti, really – I tend to picture prickly pear and Saguaro. Thanks for clarifying.

No biggie. And seriously doubt any real cactus, jungle or otherwise, died to make this perfume ;-)

• kalynna says:

I definitely giggled at “jungle cactus flower” – no idea why.

It sounds silly as a fragrance note, IMHO.

8. Ever since Covet Pure Bloom I have avoide mauve scents as a matter of principle.

9. Absolute Scentualist says:

tama, I am really fond of berries as a note, too, so don’t feel alone. :)

I bought three celebrity scent gift sets on clearance after the holidays for ridiculously cheap (half off $20 or less for one ounce with lotion in all instances but one), so I picked up a Halle set after giving it a test spritz last fall. I actually find it quite nice, though on me the lasting power’s not that good and I do wish they’d used better ingredients. But for the price, I can’t complain since it’s well made for what it is. Oddly enough though, it does smell rather similar to BS’s Believe, which I also bought. More fruity, but there is something strikingly similar about the two though I still like Halle better.

I like lots of traditionally purple notes, including the various interpretations of orchid and berry, so I’d really like to try this. I love the reasonable size that’s almost like a decant, and just the feel of the whole fragrance line. It’s one of the better made and advertised celebrity perfumes out there, in my opinion.

I agree — Coty has done a nice job with these and kept the price very reasonable.

10. sunsetsong says:

I liked the original Halle – it is one of my guilty pleasures and I have a bottle – will give this one a try. Used to hate sweet scents but the closer I get to being 50 the better they smell. A decade ago I would have choked on Halle and scents like EL’s Amber Ylang Ylang, but now I love them.

Hope you’ll like this one!

11. prism says:

Halle was quite good. like a cheaper Flowerbomb tbh…

I thought it was good too.

12. APassionateJourney says:

Thanks for the shoutout, Robin! I bought this earlier at WalGreens today. Why is it that the biggest they make of this is a 1.0 oz?? If Halle did as good as they say, and I read yesterday that it made 40 million dollars, why didn’t they keep the 1.7 oz size?????? Veeery strange.

On another note, I couldn’t find Halle’s 6.7 oz body lotion in any stores so I emailed them. They’re advertising a 6.7 oz body lotion on their website. Their response was that they don’t make them and that you can only get a 2.5 oz lotion in one of those gift sets. WTF? I won a 6.7 oz body lotion off ebay yesterday! What gives, Robin???

I really don’t know…possibly there’s a 50 ml still coming, or possibly they’re treating this as a one-off flanker and just making the most popular size (?)

And can’t help you with the second issue either, except that many companies only make body products in the beginning, and when they sell out they don’t necessarily make more.

13. chrissy says:

I got a small bottle yesterday and I love it as well as the original. The original has same exact smell as Andy Warhol Silver Factory by Bond Perfumes. I don’t know what to compare the Pure Orchid to, but I do love it.

So glad you love it!