1. Robin R. says:

Hot car? Check. Hot girl? Check. Reckless behaviour, celebrity adulation, sexual innuendo? Check, check, check. We have a winner. :-)

• norjunma1 says:

Right? This is truly original, since nobody else has ever referenced James Bond or the Rat Pack in men’s perfume marketing.

LOL…all true! But will say this: he does all that inane stuff but STILL seems so likable, unlike the male leads in so many similar ads. There’s something in his smile as though even he isn’t taking it seriously.

• Tara says:

I agree there is a charm about him.

• RusticDove says:

Yes – not as smarmy or pretentious as Diddy’s ‘I Am King’ spot [but almost]. That one was unintentionally hilarious. At the time, I forwarded it to everyone on my email list so we could laugh together. :-D

Yes — he was particularly annoying.

2. Nina says:

I can’t understand a word she’s saying. They might be discussing whether they need to change the brake pads for all I know.

:-)

Not quite brake pads.

3. zaheer says:

Ok, am i being nerdy by saying “that just reinforces every stereotype imaginable” Please we’ve seen the bond thing before, where the women can’t wait to ravage the man and he is ever so delighted to oblige. What crap.

But effective, I guess? Or don’t know why so many masculine fragrance ads would use this theme.

4. pigoletto says:

Also kind of yoinks the paparazzi crowd/back turn on steps finale of Kidman’s No. 5 ad.

Yes. And paparazzi appear in several other recent ads, including Very Hollywood. Sort of funny…do most people wish they were being hounded by paparazzi? I can’t think of anything less appealing.

• pigoletto says:

Maybe aiming for the same demographic that watches all these ‘any average person can be famous’ reality shows? That’s all I can think of. I can’t even stand being in mall crowds ;-)

5. pigoletto says:

I’m just impressed they managed to clear Casino Square of gawping tourists for 5 minutes (clearly shot in the hills above and coming down into Monte Carlo).

6. Dolly says:

Look at me. Cool car, cool girl and I am going to PRETEND that I am trying to get away from this pursuit and really folks; I’m just a regular person and I don’t enjoy this. Do not!