The Body Shop Moroccan Rose, Avon Wish of Luck ~ new fragrances

The Body Shop Moroccan Rose Rose du Maroc perfumeAvon Wish of Luck perfume

The Body Shop will launch Moroccan Rose (aka Rose du Maroc, shown at left) in February for St. Valentine's Day. In addition to the rose, the fragrance features lemon, spices, vanilla and musk. In Eau de Toilette, and I'll add the sizes when I can find them. (via cosmetiquemag.fr)

Other recent launches from The Body Shop: White Musk Intrigue, Mandarin Orchid. Update: Moroccan Rose is available in 50 ml and in matching body products; additional notes include mimosa, cedar.

Avon has introduced Wish of Luck, a fourth fragrance in the series that started with Wish of Peace, Wish of Love and Wish of Happiness. Wish of Luck is described as "a refreshing blend of green apple and sparkling florals", and is available in 50 ml Eau de Toilette. (via avon)

Other recent launches from Avon: Patrick Dempsey Unscripted, Ironman, Avon Spotlight, Jet.

1. Anonymous says:

I love the bottle of the Moroccan Rose!

2. Anonymous says:

It's really pretty :-)

3. Anonymous says:

the avon bottle & the juice look very much like chanel chance eau fraiche

4. Anonymous says:

Yea seriously. It's almost identical except for the metal band around the outside of the bottle.

5. Anonymous says:

Yeah, a bunch of people pointed that out when the first Avon trio launched last year. But I seriously doubt Chanel was the first to use that bottle shape!

6. Anonymous says:

I'm seeing a serious rise in apple-scented fragrances. Licorice, too. I may have to step away until all this fades. Love apples, hate it in perfume. Licorice? Someone else can have my share. All of it.
    I like the minimalist bottle, though.

7. Anonymous says:

I´m buying it just to collect the bottle :)

I think along with antique collection in the living room, it would be nice to have a history of perfume bottle collection in the bedroom :) Besides, I find moroccan scent mixed with rose, a bit intriguing… Must get this one, even just for presents.

8. Anonymous says:

I hate apple scents. No. 1 in the hate list is Be Delicious by Donna Karan. It just doesnt like my body chemistry–.- theyre at war forever and ever. I can buy a bottle if proceeds go to war torn areas.

9. Anonymous says:

Wonder if Chanel will follow suit and sue Avon.

10. Anonymous says:

It's reasonably priced, why not?

11. Anonymous says:

Don't think there's anything distinctive enough to sue for — it's just a bottle shape, and doubt Chanel was the first to use it.

12. Anonymous says:

Really? Apple's been around for awhile, but not sure I'm seeing that much more of it — except in the sense that there's more of everything since we've so many launches. But maybe I'm just not counting!

I'll take the licorice though ;-)

13. Anonymous says:

But Nina Ricci is suing the makers of Twilight for their bottle design, no? Or maybe in that case the similarities were just too great.

14. Anonymous says:

But that was a pretty distinctive bottle, and they copied it even down to the placement of the “leaves” on the top. This is just a round bottle…and again, doubt Chanel “owns” this shape or was the first to use it.

15. Anonymous says:

That's a good point–there is more of everything, so there's more of apple. I'm a trainer, and I buy a lot of whiteboard markers when I see them on sale–and the ones that smell changed their green smell from mint to green apple recently. ARGHHH. I already gave up the black ones because they smell of licorice.

16. Anonymous says:

Oh my — see, I'm not tracking the scented whiteboard marker angle, LOL…I would not want my markers to smell like green apple!