David & Victoria Beckham Signature Story ~ new fragrances

Victoria Beckham Signature Story For HerDavid & Victoria Beckham

David & Victoria Beckham will launch Signature Story, a new duo of flankers to 2008's Beckham Signature for Him and Beckham Signature for Her fragrances, in September.

Inspired by their love of all things vintage, Signature Story conveys the modern day love story of David and Victoria Beckham…played out in old Hollywood style.

Open the secret seal and discover their signature story inside.

Signature Story For Her (shown above) ~ a floral chypre by perfumer Nathalie Lorson, with peach, bitter orange, kumquat, rose, white peony, orange blossom, musk, patchouli and moss. Signature Story for Her will be available in 15 and 30 ml Eau de Toilette and in matching body products.

Signature Story For Him ~  a  woody aromatic by perfumer Beatrice Piquet; the notes include basil, violet leaves, pineapple, orange flower, rosemary, lavender, cedarwood, incense and patchouli. Signature Story for Him will be available in 30 and 50 ml Eau de Toilette and in matching grooming products.

(quote via feed.ne.cision, additional information via cosmoty.de)

1. Daisy says:

Oh good lord! speaking of celebrities making perfume causing vomit…..
    These two just annoy me! (and I’m not in a crabby mood, really!)

• boojum says:

Right there with you.

They annoy me too.

• Filomena says:

I couldn’t agree with you more Daisy–I was thinking the same thing!

• Daisy says:

so my daughter looked at the picture above and said “oh goody, the Beckham’s are at it again….he’s all ‘I’m hot, sexy and MOODY” and she’s all “I’m hot, sexy, superskinny/bitchy and MOODY” ….graaayyyt.. FanTAStic!
      There you go folks, the teenager ‘take’ on it.

• miss kitty v. says:

They definitely tell it like it is. God love ‘em. :)

• Rappleyea says:

She nailed it!

• mals86 says:

Ohhh yeah.

Mind you, the NOTES sound nice on these. But I’m totally unfamiliar with the other PoshandBecks scents, and unlikely to come across a tester near me. Even more unlikely that I’ll seek out one, since these people kind of annoy me, too.

(When’s that Queen Latifah scent coming out, again? Autumn? *That* one I want to smell – lest you all think I’m against celebuscents in general.)

• Daisy says:

But as celebrities go….I like Ms. Latifah…I think she’s got it goin on!

2. AnnS says:

The notes actually read interesting. It would be an exercise for sure to bring a “chypre” back to mass market! I think the SS for Him is curious with all those herb and fruit notes.

DVB have done mass market, but I think the Signature series is prestige? I could be wrong.

3. kirstw says:

im so gonna try this :) lol. i dont really like victoria but i dont mind their perfumes. their brand isnt as bad as some of the celeb perfumes.

• Daisy says:

I really have no idea about any of their fragrances. There are just some celebrities that I can’t get past my annoyance level to give the scent a fair sniff….so I don’t sniff at all ….I just move on. So I really shouldn’t make any comments at all and my gramma would be so disappointed since “if I can’t say something nice, I shouldn’t say anything at all”…..sorry Gram.

• miss kitty v. says:

One of my favorite lines from Steel Magnolias: “I’ve always said, if you don’t have anything nice to say, come sit by me!”

Words to live by… :)

• Daisy says:

Yes! LOL

• lilydale aka Natalie says:

That was originally a quote from Alice Roosevelt, Teddy’s fabulously ballsy daughter.

I agree…they haven’t done a bad job, at least not on the ones I’ve smelled.

4. kirstw says:

the intimately night perfume is the best in both the womens and the mens. i dont think that signature is prestige cos its everywhere, every single shop that sells perfumes has it.

Just checked — Signature is classified as their first prestige scent (or duo of scents). Doesn’t always matter where you can find it — after all, you can find Shalimar in Walmart.

5. monstabunny says:

I’ll buy this when they make her eat. Actually, make her eat her perfume.

LOL!

• bergere says:

Well, there must be some caloric content in there, what with peach, orange, kumquat, even moss. I bet there’ve been days when she’s consumed fewer calories. . ..

I’m sure that’s true!

6. Absolute Scentualist says:

Oh how I wish some frags were simply marketed as being produced by Brand X. That way I could enjoy them without being hindered by thinking of who’s marketing them. I never got the whole Posh and Becks thing, and haven’t smelled any of their fragrance releases.

7. Blimunda says:

I wonder what it must feel like to turn your relationship into a brand? To use your ‘love story’ to construct a media image in order to sell product. ‘DVB’ has become an industry, for god’s sake! They are a couple-powerhouse of a business! Their relationship is their COMPANY for god’s sake! How do you go home and switch all that off? I guess they must be able to. I know I wouldn’t.

Maybe they never do turn if off, who knows. Maybe they don’t even want to.

• miss kitty v. says:

And I’m thinking maybe they don’t have much of a relationship to begin with? Seems like they are all about living life in front of the camera and looking pretty.

But what do I know? Maybe they really do adore each other more than their own celebrity, and will blissfully grow old together. (Although how would they know?…thanks to modern technology, they may never *look* old…)

• Daisy says:

Hope they don’t split up …how embarrassing would that be??

• TwoPeasInAPod says:

It would be “MAJOR!” to quote Posh, herself. :P

• Daisy says:

Nice to know that Posh has such spectacular grasp of the english language….**snicker**…..

• Tama says:

Listening to them talk is pretty funny. They both have that total working-class, hankie-on-the-head “my brain hurts” thing going on. Total surprise coming from him – I thought he would be all rumbly. He sounds more like Ozzy.

Wonder if they’d keep the fragrance contract?

• TwoPeasInAPod says:

Oh, why not? I could be “Story, Second Chapter” or something like that. Why should Jon & Kate be the only ones who get to still be in the spotlight after they split??

True! But I notice they’ve never done a standalone scent for her, so I wonder.

• megank4 says:

Yeah, that makes me feel weird and voyeuristic, to see their ad campaigns, like the one last year was it, where they were in bed and stuff.

• TwoPeasInAPod says:

I remember that ad, too. Not nearly as cool as the photos of John & Yoko’s “love-in” ;)

8. alltheprettythings says:

The packaging is a dead ringer for Flower Bomb.

• Tama says:

My first impression exactly.

Really? I’m not seeing that at all…

• alltheprettythings says:

Pale pink packaging with black wax seal motif…that’s Flower Bomb’s outer packaging on all their products, even the hair mist.
        Last year Flower Bomb launched a gift set that looked like an outsized Chinese Take Out box with similar folding styles shown above… when opened, it revealed a large stationary fan that folded open against the backdrop of a 1.7 spray and full sized body lotion… Adorable, impractical, dust-attractive and not worth the money.

Gotcha…I thought you guys meant the bottle.

9. gblue says:

The ad copy should read:

“Can you believe we’ve been blessed with 10 years of David and Victoria’s wedded bliss (read: “Brand Beckham”). Just to make it a bit more tolerable for them, please buy their new fragrance!”

10. laken says:

she looks starving, and he looks annoyed.

11. krokodilgena says:

the packaging is kind of like Flowerbomb’s but I really like the wax seal type thing.

I don’t plan on trying these…. but speaking of ~*celeb fragrances*~, in 2007 BigBang had a perfume called “BB Bud First Fragrance”. Best name ever, right? I tried finding a list of notes, but everything I could find was in Korean.

Ohhh…is it the box that looks like Flowerbomb then? Above I thought it was supposed to be the bottle.

• krokodilgena says:

I think it’s just the black seal thing. They don’t look *that* similar, I didn’t think.
        Alexander McQueen Kingdom’s box was more similar.

I like the wax seal idea, so I don’t mind.

• mals86 says:

I didn’t notice at first since I’m not all that familiar with Flowerbomb, but once someone suggested it, I thought – right, that shade of pink with a black wax seal. Yep, Flowerbomb.

• alltheprettythings says:

Sorry, I meant the outer packaging. :)

Yeah, I get it now…I’m just slow :-)

12. laken says:

They obviously need someone to effectively translate their Korean names to something that doesn’t sound a bit silly in English

Huh?

• krokodilgena says:

that’s supposed to be a reply to BB Bud First Fragrance, I think.

13. joliefleur says:

“Inspired by their love of all things vintage..” seriously??? They have always struck me as the trendiest types out there. Vintage is the last thing that comes to mind when I think of them.

14. Haunani says:

Well, this is embarrassing. Or maybe not. I don’t know who David and Victoria Beckham are! I will look it up, but does this mean I’ve been under a rock? Oh well, at least it’s been a fragrant rock, LOL.

LOL…usually it’s me who doesn’t know who the celebrities are! Good for you. He’s a soccer player from the UK, she was Posh Spice from the Spice Girls.

• Tama says:

lol at “a soccer player” – more like THE soccer player – he even had a movie named after him before us Yanks even had a clue – “Bend it Like Beckham” – a really nice little movie, actually. I think here he’s more famous for his underpants ads and we forget he’s a world-class athlete.

• Haunani says:

Thanks, Robin and Tama. I must check out those underwear ads… :-)

• Tama says:

Armani

• miss kitty v. says:

If living under a rock means avoiding people like the Beckhams, make room for me.

15. jonr951 says:

i wonder why such small sizes? maybe the womans original didnt sell as well as the mens and theyre trying the small size route for smaller prices? it worked for gwen stefani. i rather like the packaging. i didnt much care for either of the original signatures but well c with these. they dont sound like that much of an improvement of the originals. God i cant believe i used 2 b madly n luv w/ victoria back in the spice girl days! now shes just way too skinny!

Small sizes seem to be the thing lately….keeps the price down.

16. laken says:

yeah, thats what I meant, that the big band could have had a better name than BB Bud First Fragrance.

• krokodilgena says:

lol not to sound rude, but when you’re replying to a comment, you really should click “reply to this comment”

I’m assuming literally no thought went into that perfume.
      I wish someone would ask them what they wear and what the notes of their hypothetical perfume would be like, though.
      Someone needs to ask Victoria Beckham that too, so we can compare that list of notes to these.

17. thenoseknows says:

Ok, I get a little tired of La Beckhams Myself every now and again… but admittedly… their fragrances have been very good! No Joke! And Victoria is a DAMN Fine Designer, Against all my better judgement of thinking! So I, maybe a little reluctantly, am looking forward to these fragrances… they sound like they will smell really well done and work! Peach, Rose, Musk, Moss, Orange Blossom, Peony…. Lavender, Violet, Patchouli, PINEAPPLE (YIPPEE), Cedar, Basil and Rosemary….. None of that sounds in ANY fashion Unattractive! Although they need to give Flowerbomb it’s box back, that’s just a small quibble! The Girl (Vic) Knows her stuff i feel and i think these might just be surprisingly a lot more Delicious than they are being given credit for!

C’mon…I don’t believe for one minute that Victoria Beckham is a fragrance designer. At the very most, she probably picked from a few possibilities that were presented to her.

• thenoseknows says:

no, i meant she is a damn fine FASHION Designer… she presents a capsule collection each season and shows in NY and from some of the insiders i know… they say she really does design the clothes… so if that is true, then she really is a DAMN FINE Fashion Designer… Fragrance Designer…??? HELL NO! LOL! but Fashion, Yes!

Sorry — I misunderstood!

• thenoseknows says:

no need to be sorry at all… :-) not many know she is a fashion designer… i should have been more specific!

18. fleurdelys says:

Anyone else think they look like plastic Barbie & Ken dolls?

Yep, they are both totally annoying, but I have to admit the notes of the “Her” fragrance attracted me. Not sure if it’s enough to make me take a detour to sniff it next time I’m in a store.

19. Serafima says:

First of what I thought is that it’s package looks a lot like Flowerbomb’s edp package- I mean the color and the seal (that black thing)..

Yep, looks like that’s what many people thought!

20. jonr951 says:

So i got to test them at macys the other day and they sure are a step up from the original signatures. Story for women smells like narciso rodriguez and Lovely sjp to me which i both liked but the world doesnt need another one. Still its far far better then the grape juice candy that was the original. Its alot more mature which i like and appreciate. Story for men is just another fruity mens cologne that women could easily wear but i do like it far far more then the original. My mom really likes it and plans to get it for my dad. LOL!

Good, glad to hear they’re a step up!