Kylie Minogue Inverse ~ new fragrance

Kylie Minogue Inverse cologneKylie Minogue will launch Inverse, her first fragrance for men, in August. The new scent is for "all facets of a man...day or night" and the tag line is "Two facets. One scent". The fragrance is fronted by model Andrés Velencoso Segura; you can see the video promo for Inverse here.

Inverse features notes of lavender, cardamom, coriander, pepper, mint, star anise, blood orange, benzoin, nutmeg, tonka bean, heliotrope, labdanum, cedar, amber, musk, evaporated milk and patchouli.

Kylie Minogue Inverse will be available in 50 ml Eau de Toilette. (via cosmoty.de)

Update: Kylie Minogue Inverse is a limited edition ambery oriental, and was developed by perfumer Christophe Raynaud. (via wwd)

1. Lammy says:

I like the tagline.
    Look forward to sniffing it!

Doubt I ever will get to smell it…if you do, tell us how it is!

2. krokodilgena says:

I don’t think this will come to America, but it sounds better than what her offerings for women supposedly smell like (besides the evaporated milk?)

I love Kylie, I wanted to go to her NY concert but I don’t have that much money : (

No, I doubt it will come here.

• Amanda says:

It does sound better then her womens…

3. Renu_Jean says:

Good ol’ Kylie…. is it just me or celebrity fragrances are a bit of a put-off on the face of it…
    >< It is probably just an amateur talking *nods*

Works both ways…some people are put off, but others are more interested!

4. Sunnyfunny says:

I just watched the lil promo video and I *lurve* the song! It sort of says ’30′s jazz club, but nothing else about the promo does. I wish they would have taken that theme and ran with it.

Funny, this didn’t immediately strike me as a celebscent. I can’t begin to explain why…maybe because Kylie isn’t tabloid fodder or on the cover of Redbook every few months…. :)

• krokodilgena says:

because Kylie is ~*amazing*~

really, anyone who thinks Britney is a good (or even decent) performer needs to watch the KylieX2008 videos

She’s so much less of a celebrity in the US…

• Joe says:

Don’t tell that to any gay man under age 72.

• keri says:

LOL, Joe.

Did you ever see her perform on Saturday Night Live when Ian McKellen hosted? He was practically besides himself when he introduced her–total fanboy.

I love Kylie. She is such a tiny woman. She must have been standing on a crate in that ad photo. :)

• miss kitty v. says:

I was going to say the same thing, Joe. That’s awesome.

• krokodilgena says:

don’t tell that to Krok either……..

• Tama says:

One of my favorite statues, ever – I would love to see it in person:

LOL…I”m sure you’re right Joe. I just don’t think she’s a household name here.

• Amanda says:

Kylie isn’t tabloid fodder?

I think that’s what’s put me of her fragrances and as a fan.
      She’s in every paper, magazine, TV channel and radio station already, and now I can’t buy toothpaste without coming accross her. Overkill.

• Sunnyfunny says:

If you’re stateside, it must depend on region. Here in Oregon, in one of the local pharmacies, there was a display of Stetson All American for Men and Tim McGraw cologne. Last time I saw it, the Stetson had barely been touched and the Tim McGraw was down to one. >:)

• Amanda says:

I’m in the UK.
          Over here she’s in the media as much (maybe more) as Paris Hilton. And sorry Kylie fans, but I find Paria more entertaining… (I’m trying to figure out if she’s really dumb or is taking the mick)

• krokodilgena says:

Kylie might be overexposed (I live in the US, so idk) but I think she gets attention from her music, style, etc, as opposed to Paris Hilton who really has nothing to offer.
        I think that’s what they meant by tabloid fodder.

Her videos, live shows and style are usually very well done and are able to veer towards avant-garde while still being *pop*.
        So, I think it would make sense for Kylie to release a perfume. I would expect something sweet, but with an avant-garde edge and from what I’ve heard, they are very sweet but have no edge at all.
        and her bedding and underwear collections are pretty bad too :X :X
        but I forgive her because I watch the KylieX2008 videos like everyday (srsly, I’m obsessed)

• Amanda says:

I like a lot of her singles, and her original lot of underwear was quite nice, but her perfumes have been a let done so far; they’re all sweet and seem (to me) to be aimed at the under 25′s (except Couture; rather sour at first).

(I saw KylieX2008 live; it was put together very well, but song choice was rather disappointing)

5. Racine says:

Coincidence: saw her perfoming last night in Madrid, she was lovely and trying to speak spanish. I guess influenced by her new boyfriend, spanish Andres Velencoso, the model in ad by the way, one more coincidence hehe

Sounds fun, lucky you!

• krokodilgena says:

did you see her descend from the ceiling on the giant sparkly skull??

• Racine says:

No, it was a more simple show due to being included at the mtv day. less balladas and more dancing. Everyone had a good time for what i saw. i think she is touring USA in Septemeber, have some friends going to Las Vegas to see her

• krokodilgena says:

oooh Tokio Hotel did the MTV Day thing in 2007, I think. I saw videos of that.

Yes, she is coming to the US in September/October. I wanted to go to the New York concert but the tickets + train tickets would be too expensive for me.
          I’m glad you had a good time…

6. Tommasina says:

All 2 facets, eh? Wish someone would check copy better

*grouch, grouch*

It sounds a bit like woody chai; I’d certainly sniff it, if it ever came this-a-way.

LOL!

It does sound sort of like a woody chai, which could be nice.

7. mikeperez23 says:

Did not know that the model in the ad was Kylie’s new beau. You GO girl.

If he still is…I suppose it would be embarrassing if they broke up before the scent came out!

• Robin R. says:

I’ll take him. :-)

HA…I’m sure he won’t have any problem finding a date if she dumps him ;-)

8. Joe says:

Inverse?

I think she should have called it “Concave”… like that model’s abdomen. Yikes.

EVAPORATED MILK?! Is this the Sesame Street game of “one of these things doesn’t belong”? Not that I don’t like some EM in the right context (has to do with my childhood…), but poured over lavender, star anise, blood orange, cedar, and mint muesli is NOT the right context. Ew. Are there any notes they left out? Dang.

Could go either way…if it’s light, I can see it being nice.

9. pyramus says:

I wonder if they meant condensed milk? Because that smells lovely: thick, sweet, cooked, butter-caramelly. Evaporated milk…not so much.

• Daisy says:

I think you must be right…condensed milk is sweetened and is more of a confection….whereas evaporated milk is just…well, evaporated.

Oh, quite possibly. I don’t now German so I’m using online translators.

• krokodilgena says:

I think both condensed milk and evaporated milk are “Kondensmilch”
        I’m guessing they mean condensed milk though

10. I’m not a fan of Kylie and I’m not really checking for this, but if wearing it will make me look like that then I will have a bottle!

11. obsernity says:

Inverse, good name. Kylie as a celeb perfumer is a good notch or twelve above most: she’s more subtle and alluring than a Hilton although I’d give Christina Aguilera a reasonable second place: this is just female celeb name appeal.
    Now to sniff the scents…

From what I’ve heard, they sound pretty much like standard celebrity fare, but haven’t tried any.

12. VioletLily says:

Evaporated milk? Hmmm. Nonetheless, this sounds interesting. Will be sniffing this one.

Let us know how it is then!

13. datura5750 says:

Did anyone else misread this as “Inverts”?

• Jessica says:

*raises hand* Glad I’m not alone.

• obsernity says:

Could’ve been worse…Kylie Minogue: Invoice
        Rather appropriate for our spending habits.

14. chrissyinoz says:

Kylie is an absolute icon & 1 of our most loved celbs here in aussie. Having said that, i’m not overly impressed with her women’s scents so hopefully this new one is an improvement.

Yeah, that’s what I hear.

• alltheprettythings says:

I thought she was a bit of a joke at first, but she won me over with her battle with breast cancer and then the heartbreak of getting dumped so brutally by Olivier Martinez. I’m not a fan of her music, but she’s all right in my book.

15. chrissyinoz says:

If you ever have a chance to see her in concert do so…..she’s faaaabulous.

• Amanda says:

True; I’m not really a fan any more, but I still love checking out the concerts. I caught some of the UK duets of ‘Kids’ with her sister – very cool.

16. zaheer says:

what a lame, poorly done advert..and the perfume she creates is not that great

I don’t think it’s that bad, but have not heard good things about the perfumes.

17. eminere says:

Mmmmm Andres…

18. I don’t think it’s bad actually – fairly light and crisp though with a slightly feminine touch, which I suspect is intentional given the market this is aimed at. When you get to the dry down, though, there’s something a bit acrid and old-fashioned about it. The packaging is fascinating too – suggesting as it does a bit of a Ménage à Troi!