Yves Rocher So Elixir ~ new perfume

Yves Rocher So Elixir fragrance

Yves Rocher will launch So Elixir, a new perfume for women, in September. The company hopes So Elixir will "raise its glamour quotient".

So Elixir was developed by perfumers Marie Salamagne, Olivier Cresp and Jacques Cavallier; the notes for the woody floral include bergamot, jasmine, rose, patchouli, tonka bean, cedar and incense.

Yves Rocher So Elixir will be available in 50 ml Eau de Parfum and in matching body products. (via cosmeticnews, aufeminin)

1. Daisy says:

strangely attractive bottle…and descriptives like “woody floral” bergamot and incense certainly appeal to me. Don’t know anything about Yves Rocher, but this sounds sniff-worthy.

• boojum says:

I like the box much better than the bottle. Oh well.

• thenoseknows says:

Yes, That Bottle was Much More Attractive when it was called Coriolan! :-)

Yves Rocher is a reasonably priced brand…there used to be a boutique near me but it closed. They make some really great scents for the price.

• SmokeyToes says:

The juice sounds interesting, and YR is pretty affordable too. Is it me? Or does the bottle remind anyone of Guerlain’s Coriolan?

• Donald says:

Yes, Coriolan is what came to mind.

• Tama says:

I’ll send you dabs out of my minis.
      I’m just waiting to receive that Boise d’Orange then your package will be on the way.

• Daisy says:

Thanks Tama! no rush though…in organizing the “Vile Pile” I’ve found things that I need to spend a bit of time on…it’s a mess here!

2. sayitisntso says:

Yves Rocher is one of the larger cosmetics companies in France but they’re decidely ‘down market’. However, they’ve done a number of very nice fragrances at decent price points in an effort to introduce ‘fine’ fragrance to the YR customer.

Agree…they’ve got a few wonderful fragrances.

3. sayitisntso says:

If I had to compare YR to a US firm, no doubt it’d have to be the Body Shop.

• pyramus says:

Isn’t The Body Shop a British company? Unless it was sold and I wasn’t informed. But it did start in England.

From that angle, the bottle resembles the Dior shower-gel and body-lotion bottles, with a slightly stumpier cap, not to mention Guerlain’s Coriolan (with a completely different cap) and the recent Christina Aguilera scent. As Robin said a few days ago, they’ve run out of bottle designs.

Some of the recent Yves Rocher scents have been quite good, and I’ll definitely be trying this one.

• monstabunny says:

I agree that YR gets snubbed by perfumistas largely because their prices are so affordable. I am impressed by their soliflore EDTs, and own a bottle of Gardenia. Straightforward flower, dewy fresh and standing tall by itself. The bottle I have is very attractive, too.

Gosh, I don’t know that they get snubbed. Maybe a bit. But I think they’ve got fans, esp. of the Secret d’Essences line.

• Racine says:

The body Shop was founded in Uk but was sold to the L´oreal Group (Armani, Lancome, Diesel, Helena Rubinstein and so many more) around 3 years ago. Since then I appreciate a rise in the prices

4. CynthiaW says:

Sounds interesting – one of these days, I’m going to break down and place a big order at the website. I’ll certainly end up with a bunch more stuff for the money than I usually do. I’ll bet I can get several full bottles just for what I usually spend on samples at TPC – lol.

Wait for a big sale…they have so many that it’s crazy to pay full price.

• CynthiaW says:

They do have the Rose purse spray on sale for $5 – which is the same price as the mini, but it has .5 oz instead of .16.

They also have the Iris Noir 1.7 oz on sale for 50% off, but I’ll probably stick with the mini until I know whether or not I’ll like it – they’re always having sales, so I won’t miss out or anything.

5. alltheprettythings says:

Another YR fan here… sounds interesting and I’ll check it out when the next sale occurs.

Hope it doesn’t take forever to get to the US. The lag seems like it’s getting longer & longer.

6. Tama says:

Yes, I have been exploring YR, too – love their Rose. This one sounds pretty good.

The Rose Absolue? That’s a great scent.

• Tama says:

That’s the one!

• jepster says:

Rose Absolute is great….has the jasmine been released to the USA yet, anybody try it? I also like the Voile Amber….great for layering with other scents or on its own. I have had good luck with their scents and some of the body products (the lavender foot cream is great!)

7. flittersniffer says:

They won’t raise their glamour quotient in my eyes with a bottle that looks like the own label perfume of a leading European grocery discounter (Lidl Suddenly d’Or), and retails for £3.99!!

Hey, cheap glamour sounds fine with me!