Jessica Simpson Fancy Love ~ new perfume

Jessica Simpson Fancy Love fragranceJessica Simpson will launch her second fragrance, Fancy Love, in July. The new perfume for women is described as a warm, romantic floral.

“Romance has never been more important to me so I wanted to celebrate that special feeling with this new fragrance,” says Jessica Simpson. “FANCY LOVE is fresh and pure, like a timeless piece of white lace – it’s always pretty and innocent. This fragrance has a hint of passion because after all, a girl has to be a little flirty sometimes.”

Fancy Love was developed by perfumers Yves Cassar, Celine Barel, Pascal Gaurin and Clement Gavarry, and the notes feature goji leaf, peach blossom, bergamot, blush champagne, lotus blossom, peony, plumeria, jasmine, rose, creamy amber, blonde woods, musk and patchouli.

Jessica Simpson Fancy Love will be available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum and in matching body lotion. The bottle has a milky white glaze finish, and like the bottle for Simpson's debut fragrance, Fancy, was inspired by "Jessica’s favorite vintage perfume bottles". (via press release)

1. krokodilgena says:

did the first one sell very well? Like I know people do like Paris Hilton, but I really did not think anyone liked Jessica Simpson.

Namie Amuro should have a perfume
    the name Fancy Love made me think of that song

I assume it did well, or they wouldn’t bother with another!

2. Jemi says:

What a truly terrible name.

Not my favorite either.

3. miss kitty v. says:

Terrible name, and, one can assume, a terrible perfume. Her first one was REALLY bad. I can actually appreciate trashy fragrances if the mood hits, but this wasn’t even fun trashy. It was the kind of thing that made me understand why some people don’t like perfume: sickeningly sweet and cloying. I wouldn’t want to be stuck in an elevator with someone wearing it. All that said, maybe this little concoction couldn’t be worse. It at least doesn’t scream “candy shop.”

The first one was way (maybe way way) too sweet for my tastes, but I thought it was pretty well done & one of the better celebrity efforts last year. If you were going to wear warm caramel, not a bad choice, but can see not wanting to be stuck in an elevator w/ lots of it!

• pyramus says:

As objectionable as Simpson herself might be, that first scent really wasn’t half bad, certainly not compared to a lot of the other things on the market aimed at that general age group: a bit sweet, but on the whole inoffensive enough. At least it wasn’t a fruity floral!

• miss kitty v. says:

Wasn’t there someting in Perfumes: The Guide like this? I think she found herself saying, “At least it’s not a fruity floral…Keeping standards high is a daily battle.” :)

Pyramus, I’d agree. Since they’re using the name again, surprised they aren’t doing a variation w/ similar base notes.

4. Dusan says:

Why is she wearing my gramma’s doily?

:-)

• mals86 says:

I’d wear the “doily,” too… being the occasional sucker for white lace blouses. (Didn’t get married in white lace, though.)

I love white lace…wish it would come back in style.

• boojum says:

Shoot, I just wish I could wear white! It’s almost a requirement in summer, yet I can’t pull it off at all. :(

• Daisy says:

I wore a white top with lace trim today!!! My perfume said “naughty” but my shirt said “nice” !

Good for you!

• Daisy says:

Yeah, well it was good until I leaned over a table of potted perennials at the local nursery and got dirt smudged right across “the girls”…. sigh….you’d think by my age I’d know where those things were and how to keep them out of trouble!

• faintlymacabre says:

And here I was thinking she’d absconded with my grandmother’s curtains…

5. APassionateJourney says:

I’m not sure how it’s doing all over the world, but we were selling a lot of this! This did really well over here! My friend from Macy’s said this was selling better than Paris Hilton’s. The lasting power was soo good! I was very impressed.

This bottle looks cheap. Looks like lotion

I thought Fancy was better done than most of PH’s, although it’s from the same company (Parlux).

6. Daisy says:

First I should admit that I’ve not smelled either of her fragrances, and I don’t find her to be nearly as offensive as Paris Hilton. Jessica actually seems kind of sweet. ‘
    Anyhooo, my issue is with the name…it’s awful ….I mean, wasn’t “Fancy Woman” a euphemism for a prostitute? And Fancy Love….well, it’s a very short leap….

• boojum says:

LOL! Makes my daughter’s labeling of what we would have called the “popular girls” at school, the “fancy girls” that much more funny. Given that they were wearing makeup and minis in 1st grade… ;) I wonder if she remembers that (she’s in 7th grade now and thankfully still makeup-free, though she’s starting to show interest in the smelly stuff).

• Daisy says:

My daughter, who only wears a bit of makeup for things like senior pictures or when she has to present a project in front of the class…just finished the last of her exams today! So I can tell you from experience at the high school: give those “fancy girls” at the middle school just a couple more years and the label will be more accurate than you thought…

Gosh though, “fancy woman” is pretty darned old fashioned. Doubt it has that meaning for the target audience, you know?

• Daisy says:

true, true….watched too many western movies I guess…a few too many cowboy novels….probably why I say things like “got me a hankering fer some….(fill in the blank)”

• boojum says:

So you should have been with me in Deadwood last week, then… sitting through a reenactment of the assassination of Wild Bill. LOL! The things I do for my husband (and his mother)… ;)

• Daisy says:

kinda sounds like a heap o fun to me. ;-)

7. Jill says:

I like her white doily blouse; I like lace. But the name of this fragrance is crazy! I find it very amusing, actually.

• Daisy says:

yeah, I’d buy the blouse but probably not the perfume.

• Jill says:

I would be embarrassed to tell someone I was wearing “Fancy Love.” !

• Daisy says:

I agree 100%
          on the other hand, I adore telling people that I’m wearing : Juliette Has a Gun ….it’s a hoot!

• Jill says:

Yes! Now THAT is a great name. Still haven’t tried any of that line & keep meaning to …

8. megank4 says:

Ugh. She just needs to stop.
    But seriously, are they just trying to erase the whole “Dessert” episode, pretend like it didn’t exist?

Even I keep forgetting it existed. Those weren’t “fine fragrances” though…more like body products.

• miss kitty v. says:

And even “body products” is a loose interpretation. Weren’t they edible???

9. jonr951 says:

i liked fancy. definately better then anything paris has shelved out. probably the best from parlux. still fancy was another sweet dessert concoction and i still find britneys fantasy to be the best in that category. this one sounds along the lines of fairy dust which i did not like at all. goji must be a big thing when love is involved. first love ralph lauren and now this.

Agree Fantasy was better. This year so far, Halle Berry is my favorite.

10. jonr951 says:

Halle was very nice. it also remindered me of with love hilary duff. to bad they shopped making more if her fagrances. i thought hers were very well done and would have liked to see her line expand. i would have loved to see what they would have done with a mens scent. o and of this yr, i really like hidden fantasy so far. i know im a sucker for anything britney. although i must say i didnt like curious!

I liked Hilary Duff With Love too…Hidden Fantasy, not so much. But Elizabeth Arden overall has done a good job with the BS line.

11. perfumesecrets says:

I can name alot of perfumes that are much much worse, and not all of them celebrity perfumes. :)

12. alotofscents says:

Fancy, in general, is a southern U.S. thang. Wow, ya got ch’ore fancy clothes on. So the first one wasn’t a problem. But now she has gone by way of Micheal Kors–Very Micheal Kors and Very Pretty. If I like the fragrance I’d say I was wearing my fancy love perfume, la de da. Fancy, wasn’t to my fancy, but this sounds pretty. Hope springs eternal. Even if it’s a celebrity scent…except Paris, sorry, too X-rated and that spells classless to me.

Hope does spring eternal :-)

13. APassionateJourney says:

I’m so sick of Fantasy! I feel like I’m going to throw up everytime I smell it! I love Fancy a lot better!

LOL…hope you don’t get sick of Fancy!

14. APassionateJourney says:

Hahahaha! Remember how in love with Fantasy I was? Then EVERYBODY started wearing it, and I was doing damage wearing it to sleep, lotion and all! I just can’t STAND IT! Fancy…mmmmm! It smells more grown up, though still very sweet!

Then you’ll have to hope nobody else wears it, LOL…but if that happens, they’ll discontinue it!

15. APassionateJourney says:

I smelled this yesterday. I liked it. It’s very soft

16. jonr951 says:

I tested this yesterday at macys. On card it reminded me of ed hardys Love & Luck, Chloe by Chloe, and burberrys The Beat. Its nice but nothing to go crazy about. If ever i find it for a cheaper price ill be sure to buy me a bottle but i liked the original fancy better.

I liked the original better too.

17. jonr951 says:

did it really take 4 perfumers to create this? while nice, it isnt all that interesting and creative? it is, i find, a much more mature fragrance then the original fancy and lots of other celeb scents which is a plus in my book.

So true: the complexity and/or quality doesn’t tend to reflect the # of perfumers, usually.

18. sarah24 says:

I wish these would come out in England! apparently Jigsaw are going to distribute them but no sign yet.

Sorry you’re still waiting! I liked Fancy much better than Fancy Love.

19. jonr951 says:

Robin, do you think youll ever review Fancy Love? Ive tested it & tested it & I find myself liking it more & more. : )

It is still waiting for another test…have to admit it did not capture my attention the first two times though!

20. jonr951 says:

Fancy Nights sounds nice. I love the green but Im not digging the bottle. It will be interesting to see how spicy oriental it is. I’m really looking forward to it. It sounds like something completely different and more mature than the 1st 2. But it doesnt sound very youth oriented at all. I wonder how it will sell? I wonder how Fancy Love did?

I like the green too…and will be surprised if it’s very oriental. We’ll see!