Paint Scentsations ~ scent your walls

Paint SCENTsations fragranced paint additiveEver wish your walls smelled like vanilla?

Paint SCENTsations is a paint additive packaged in 1 ounce packets and 10 ounce bottles.

The packets are great for first time users or smaller projects, while the bottles are more economical and well suited for the commercial customer.

Paint SCENTsations comes in six fragrances: Sea Breeze, Citrus Squeeze, Vanilla Bean, Fresh Air, Herbal Mist and Clean & Crisp.

You'll need to add 1 ounce to each gallon of paint; it's sold in 10 ounce bottles ($126) or 1 ounce packets ($25). The scent should last 4-12 months depending on the size of the room. (via simondistributing, found via mlive)

1. lilydale aka Natalie says:

Helpful hint from a certified cheapskate: just dump a bottle of vanilla extract in the paint can. It doesn’t last very long, but it does make the paint smell nicer while it’s drying.

Really, that works? Wonder what happens if you dump in a bottle of Fracas.

• moon_grrl says:

Really, that works? Wonder what happens if you dump in a bottle of Fracas.

Somewhere, Martha Stewart cries out in pain (I’ve read that Fracas is her favorite scent).

LOL…she’s probably gearing up to launch her own line of paint additives.

• lilydale aka Natalie says:

Yup, the vanilla extract trick really works, but again, it’s very short-lived. If you dumped in a bottle of Fracas, however, I think archaeologists digging up your house thousands of years from now would still be able to smell it!

LOL — people down the road would probably burn my house down long before that…

2. Katich says:

Cool idea, but it just seems like such a long commitment to the scent in your room, and who knows how strong it will be. With my luck I would pick one that gave me a migraine and would be stuck with it for oh…four to six months.

Might be great if you were selling your house though, or if you had a particularly musty room or something. But I agree, I’d get sick of it.

3. Fuddy Duddy 101 says:

Omg Robin! You wouldn’t, would you? Put a whole bottle of very expensive perfume into a can of paint? Mmmm, total decadence with scent! Wait, that’s right up my alley – what’s not to love about this? Oh my! Now I can’t decide if I love this idea or am just afraid that my DH would kill me! LOL!

I think Fracas might make me nuts anyway. But if I thought it would work…why not Demeter Gingerale? Fun, fizzy, and cheap.

4. ggperfume says:

The smell of paint combined with any other scent would make me hate that scent forever.

I was amazed last time I painted though, the newer paints hardly smell at all for more than 24 hours. They’ve really improved.