Givenchy Be Givenchy, Kibio Eau de Parfum ~ new fragrances

Givenchy Be Givenchy fragrance

Givenchy will launch Be Givenchy, a new travel retail exclusive fragrance for women, this coming January. Prior scents in the series include Lovely Prism, Absolutely Givenchy and My Givenchy Dream.

Be Givenchy is “for the modern-day Lolita”, and features notes of lime, ginger, morello cherry, honeysuckle, jasmine, orange flower, cedar, amber and musk.

Givenchy Be Givenchy will be available in 50 ml Eau de Toilette. (via moodiereport)

Kibio Eau de ParfumFrench organic beauty brand Kibio has launched its first fragrance, Kibio Eau de Parfum. The new scent is certified organic.

Kibio Eau de Parfum is an oriental chypre with notes of sweet orange, citron, lavender, green tangerine, ylang-ylang, geranium, vanilla, benzoin, patchouli and tonka bean.

Kibio Eau de Parfum is available in France in 30 ml for 39€. (via kibio, beaute-addict)

1. Anonymous says:

Can anyone please take the Alice-in-Givenchyland model home and feed her?! She is going to snap…

2. Anonymous says:

don't most scents nowadays seem to be aimed at the “modern day Lolita”?

3. Anonymous says:

Mark Buxton I presume? I may be the only one who still gets excited about these teen girl Givenchy flankers. There was something so right about Lovely Prism, yet so incredibly wrong about the calone-musk drydown of Absolutely Givenchy. Still, hope springs eternal. Lime, ginger cedar sounds promising, but the cherry note has me a bit concerned…

4. Anonymous says:

Right? And as Lolita, she's clearly wearing one sock too many.

5. Anonymous says:

I'm so relieved to know that Lolita is keeping up with the times. God forbid we should ever lose the power to make money by fetishizing pre-teen girls. What on earth would Madison Avenue do? (Ask for government support no doubt.)
    One of these days one of those new soccer-mad healthy girls is going to kick over the display and start (another) girl revolution. Please.

6. Anonymous says:

LOL — you guys are right though!

7. Anonymous says:

Yes, and yes!

8. Anonymous says:

Ah, forgot MB did the earlier 2 (or 3?)

I'm pretty sure I tried one of them in Sephora but now I can't remember which.

9. Anonymous says:

I won't hold my breath for the revolution, but when we start bailing out ad agencies, I'm outta here!

10. Anonymous says:

Don't particularly want to open that can of worms, but that's really quite an unacceptable thing to say. Unless, of course, you also make a point out of mentioning that anyone overweight should cut the sandwiches, already.

11. Anonymous says:

That Givenchy model does not match the look of Be Givenchy perfume. She really looks like a naughty Alice and the bottle looks like it belongs to a Barbie doll. A good example of a great campaign? Bvlgari's Omnia Jade, with a really nice looking model.

12. Anonymous says:

Personally, I don't think there's anything unacceptable about pointing out that most brands use models who are so thin that they look unhealthy. I'd rather see overweight, or better yet, “normal weight” women in fragrance ads myself.

13. Anonymous says:

Guessing they're after quite a different audience than the Bvlgari, though!

14. Anonymous says:

LOL — I'm waiting!

15. Anonymous says:

And yet, “by yourself, for yourself” (which I love!) is just another version of one of the most successful ad campaigns of all time, L'Oreal's “you're worth it.” I've never understood how the marketing potential of self-empowerment (um, Oprah, anyone?) got so very lost…

16. Anonymous says:

The “old-school” Lolita was 12, if I recall the novel correctly… is the “modern-day” Lolita younger than that, then?

17. Anonymous says:

I believe you are correct — but remember that she is just on the verge of losing her nymphet appeal. Humbert Humbert defines nymphets as “fruits verts” and gives examples as young as seven and eight. Once they hit puberty the nymphets are “spoiled.” And indeed, girls are hitting puberty earlier and earlier in the U.S. so following that logic…

But that is probably more info than you–we–anyone– really wanted, isn't it?

18. Anonymous says:

The ad copy may say Lolita but the model looks like a very bored 25 year old.

19. Anonymous says:

LLol!

20. Anonymous says:

I think the modern day Lolita is supposed to be about 18, but seems much younger.

21. Anonymous says:

Um, yes. But apparently more ad execs need to read the book.

22. Anonymous says:

She does look bored. But I always think models who are trying to look sexy look mostly bored.

23. Anonymous says:

Exactly.

One hopes they don't have any life experience to actually play the part, you know??

24. Anonymous says:

So the fragrance of choice for circa '90s Britney a la Hit Me Baby One More Time is Be Givenchy.
    I see.

25. Anonymous says:

There you have it.

26. Anonymous says:

Maybe ad execs are simply counting on their target demographic not having read the book.

27. Anonymous says:

I just don't understand the disconnect between fashion house's collections and perfumes. This (http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/F2008CTR/GIVENCHY/RUNWAY/00240m.jpg) is supposed to be Givenchy; I can't imagine that woman smelling of morello cherry, although she would read Nabokov.

28. Anonymous says:

Seems that way. Hard to see why you'd otherwise try to sell fragrance to modern day victims of pedophiles…

29. Anonymous says:

At Givenchy as elsewhere, perfume is the cash cow that finances all the rest…

30. Anonymous says:

When Kibio puts himself in the perfume, it is not to stay on beaten tracks but on the contrary to innovate.

So with the first eau de parfum bio 100 % Organic

For this organic fragrance of a new natrural generation, Kibio thus chose an unusual composition of precious balms and rare essential oil punctuated with natural extracts of flowers and with fruits

In brief, a so beautiful surprise as we already look forward to the next olfactive creation I believe that a young perfumer Mr Vincent GRANDJON

Good work for the “All organic fragrance”