Beckham Signature, Victoria's Secret Back to Pink ~ new fragrances

DVB Beckham Signature perfume for womenDavid and Victoria Beckham will launch a new duo of fragrances, Beckham Signature for Her and Beckham Signature for Him, this coming September. Unlike their prior mass market launches, the new scents will launch in prestige department stores.

Beckham Signature for Her (shown) is a fruity floriental developed by perfumer Sylvie Fischer (who also created Intimately Beckham Night for Men), and includes notes of anise flower, candy apple, orchid, heliotrope, vanilla, patchouli, amber and musk.

Beckham Signature for Him is a fresh woody oriental developed by perfumer Beatrice Piquet (who also created Beckham Instinct and Instinct After Dark). The notes feature mandarin, watermelon, marine notes, fresh living lantana, cypress, juniper berry, moss, sensual white amber and patchouli.

The Beckham Signature fragrances will be available in 50 and 75 ml Eau de Toilette and in matching body/grooming products. (via wwd) Update: see a review of Beckham Signature for Her.

Victoria's Secret Back To Pink perfumeVictoria's Secret has launched Back to Pink, a limited edition fruity floral fragrance for women:

Get sweet with Back to Pink! The latest in our collectible series of limited-edition Victoria's Secret Pink fragrances, this fresh wild waterlily and candied citrus combo starts the year off right. Comes in its own sweatshirt-inspired, royal blue pouch with a collegiate "P" patch.

The notes feature candied citrus, luscious plum, waterlily, wild freesia, green hyacinth, cozy cotton accord, sensual woods and soft musk.

Victoria's Secret Back to Pink is available in 75 ml Eau de Parfum or 250 ml Sheer Fragrance Mist. (via victoriassecret)

Other recent launches from Victoria's Secret: More Pink Please, Isle of Pink, Very Sexy Now 2008, Dream Angels Heavenly Kiss.

1. Anonymous says:

I like waterlily & plum, so I admit that 'Back To Pink' does appeal.

2. Anonymous says:

It actually sounds much nicer to me than the Beckham for women, and it is no doubt more reasonably priced.

3. Anonymous says:

Yeah.

Though this Beckham one does sound better then their first one. That seemed 'cheap'; I couldn't pick out any any of the notes. There was just a chemical smell.

4. Anonymous says:

The Beckham bottle looks quite a bit like the bottle for CK Eternity, no?

5. Anonymous says:

Candy apple for her and watermelon for him. Really, that's just so… not appealing to me. I also don't like the word floriental. What a strange word! I'm kinda liking the bottle, though I could forgo the flowers. I wonder what the men's looks like.
    Cozy cotton accord sounds interesting. The rest of that description does not, sadly.

6. Anonymous says:

I haven't smelled a single Beckham! This bottle is sure nicer than the others though.

7. Anonymous says:

8. Anonymous says:

Not appealing to me either — I am quite done with candy apple! The men's bottle is squat, and as near as I could tell had no decoration. Blue-ish purple juice, I think.

9. Anonymous says:

I've always thought 'floriental' was common terminology for 'floral oriental'. I think Opium was described as a floriental when it originally came out? Or was that term made up later?

10. Anonymous says:

I would not buy anything from the Beckham collection in principle. The idea of smelling like an emaciated designer coat hanger is just not appealing to me LOL. As for the bottle, it looks like a cross between Stella McCartney and L'Occitane Cherry Blossom.

Victoria's Secret looks C*H*E*A*P and where is the boudoir factor?! Whenevr I read “plum” I think either La Prairie Silver Rain or CK Euphoria. Yuk!

11. Anonymous says:

It is commonly used now, but I don't know when it came into use…

12. Anonymous says:

LOL at “emaciated designer coat hanger”.

I don't think the scents in the Pink line get the “boudoir factor” as much as the “regular” VS fragrances. They're geared towards tweens, I think.

13. Anonymous says:

“Candy apple” and “prestige” just don't mix in my book. Sounds and looks like just another mediocre mainstream mix that no one will even remember a year from now.

14. Anonymous says:

All they mean by prestige is that it will be in Macy's instead of Walgreens…and plenty more “candy apple” at Macy's :-)

15. Anonymous says:

Cozy Cotton accord!

16. Anonymous says:

What else could you want or need?