Bvlgari Jasmin Noir, Daisy Fuentes Dianoche Ocean ~ new fragrances

Bvlgari Jasmin Noir perfumeBvlgari will launch Jasmin Noir, a new woody floral fragrance for women, this coming August. The fragrance is slightly more expensive than Bvlgari's Rose Essentielle, and Bvlgari hopes "it will also capture a new consumer looking for something more prestigious".

Jasmin Noir was developed by perfumers Carlos Benaïm and Sophie Labbé, and the notes include green sap, gardenia, sambac jasmine absolute, satin almond, precious woods, tonka bean and licorice. The fragrance advertising will feature model Kate Moss.

Bvlgari Jasmin Noir will be available in 50 ($95) and 100 ml ($140) Eau de Parfum and in matching body products. It will be exclusive to Nordstrom at the launch. (via wwd) Update: see a review of Bvlgari Jasmin Noir.

Daisy Fuentes Dianoche Ocean perfumeDaisy Fuentes has launched her third fragrance, Dianoche Ocean, a flanker to 2006's Dianoche.

Like Dianoche, Dianoche Ocean is a duo for day and night: "From sunrise to sunset, Dianoche Ocean embodies the magic and mystery of the ocean surf and sand."

Dianoche Ocean Day ~ "Embody the spirit of exotic azure waters kissed by the warmth of the sun." The notes include mojito accord, bitter orange, watery splashes, beach flowers, orange flower, jasmine sambac, tiare, gently creamy woods, sandalwood, warm skin accord.

Dianoche Ocean Night ~ "As the sun sets like a golden blanket and extends rays of sparkle over crystal blue waters, Desire Night captures a magical allure." Featuring notes of bergamot, bitter orange, dewy greens, vanilla orchid, jasmine sambac, gardenia, beach flower, meringue accord, coconut water, sheer patchouli, golden amber and warm skin accord.

Daisy Fuentes Dianoche Ocean is available in 50 ml, concentration unknown, and is exclusive to Kohls. (via kohls)

1. Anonymous says:

I LIKE the Bvlgari bottle, tres chic!

2. Anonymous says:

R, do you have any sense that the fragrance marketers are about to exploit woods to women of a certain age the way they exploited fruity floral to the youngsters? I am so interested in trying EL Sensuous and, now, Bvlgari Jasmin Noir … but I'm suspicious. xoxo

3. Anonymous says:

Lancome Magnifique (see a few articles down) is also touting itself as a rare “woods for women”. So you may be right. Fine with me, I'll take some molten woods in place of raspberry & litchi any day.

p.s. Was interested to see on BellaSugar today a statement that EL Sensuous was teetering on “old lady”, so you know, whatever I think isn't what most people think ;-)

4. Anonymous says:

Me too!

5. Anonymous says:

So “woods for women” is the new black! ;)

Perhaps Jasmin Noir will be less “old lady” than Sensuous. Can't wait to smell both!

6. Anonymous says:

“Old Lady!” Children are so cute at that age. LOLOLOLOLOL! xoxo

7. Anonymous says:

Robin, Jasmine Noir looks like it could be your If I Could Create My Very Own Fragrance sniff-a-like. No incense, but some nice dark notes. Greens, jasmine, darkness. . .?? What do you think? Are you getting all excited?

I'm so happy to see this shift to deeper, more interesting notes and away from apple, litchi, pink pepper et al. I know I'm hardly the only one :-D

8. Anonymous says:

I have lots of loves within the Bulgari line up, and this sounds very good! Classy bottle, too. This would be one I could wait for the online discounters to get before I'd purchase, though.

Hey, there can't be too many woods and incense scents, imo. And I'm fine with my fragrant loves being called *old ladyish* – I'm kinda old ladyish too, after all. :) More for me!

9. Anonymous says:

Sensuous is nothing like “old lady” to me as it is.

10. Anonymous says:

Would be more excited w/o the “satin almond”…but I do love the Bvlgari line, so we'll see. The bottle is great and if it really is a “noir jasmine” I'll be happy!

11. Anonymous says:

Agree w/ “there can't be too many woods”, wholeheartedly! And I'm kind of old ladyish too ;-)

12. Anonymous says:

M, quite so :-)

13. Anonymous says:

I'm not a fan of licorice but the rest does sound rather nice. I usually don't do well with womanly woods, though. We'll have to see.
    Anyone else think it to be a bit dumb for Kate Moss to front a perfume now that she has one of her very own? I won't complain because she's beautiful, but still.
    And I like that Dianoche copywriters admitted to sheer patchouli. Usually it's just “patchouli” when in fact it's just a neutered version.
    I'm not sure about two fragrances in the same rather awkward-looking bottle. What if you only liked one?

14. Anonymous says:

Hi R,

With the licorice note along with some of others, I am wondering if this will be similar to Lolita Lempicka's original perfume. The woody orientals are starting to become popular in the most current releases.

I bought Sensuous the other day and I like it. It's pretty much all vanilla and woods on me with a nice peppery blast in the beginning but not a bad fragrance at all. I'm glad EL put out something in the woody oriental family. And, at $37.50 for a 1 oz. bottle, you won't go broke.

Have a nice weekend.

Dawn

15. Anonymous says:

hmmm, i found Sensuous to be younger than I expected when I smelled it after reading the review. I suppose my 30 years is “old lady” to the usual target market!

16. Anonymous says:

Hey all, I'm really excited about this Bvlgari launch. I've tried all the Bvlgari, and none were 'me' enough, although I think the Rose Essentiale smells divine on one of my friends. I'm hoping the Jasmine Noir is bottle worthy for me, athough I'm a little apprehensive of the Green Sap note. I really do not like it in the Omnia Crystalline.

And I told the EL SA to get me as soon as the Sensuous Tester comes in. I cannot wait to try it!

btw, when are you going to review John Varvatos for women??

17. Anonymous says:

“Awkward” is right. It looks as if the J'Adore bottle rented out the top floor to a drugstore scent. The whole thing, if you squint, looks like a knockoff of the J.Lo fragrances, only cheaper (a sobering thought); did their research suggest that that big-bum-narrow-chest shape is the only thing the Spanish-speaking market will buy?

18. Anonymous says:

I don't think it really struck me as either “young” or “old”, but I'm pretty much over the target market myself.

19. Anonymous says:

It is also true that some days I cut all the qualifying adjectives from the lists of notes because they annoy me, LOL…

20. Anonymous says:

Dawn, glad you liked Sensuous…

I'm hoping Jasmin Noir is more floral — and way less sweet! — than LL, but we'll see. It would be nice if it was really jasmine-y.

21. Anonymous says:

See, but I love that “green sap” stuff :-)

Don't know if I'll review John Varvatos or not…will give it another shot, but it was not “love at first sniff”. Great bottle though!

22. Anonymous says:

Me too Robin. I can't wear LL, so I am hoping that this new Bvlgari will be the next best thing. :) I loooove Jasmine!

Dawn

23. Anonymous says:

I am so tired of Bvlgari and other Houses Pimping original scents by recombinating the juice with other things and trying to call it a NEW fragrance by giving it the name “FLANKER” GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK! all this energy they put into these Utterly ridiculous flankers could be spent developing a new IP for the Market and the Perfume House, BUT NO, they would rather whore out the original fragrance, Bvlgari Pour Femme in this case, which is a Radiant Beauty of a Scent and make money by presenting a VARIATION on the theme to the dupable public and make money because so many liked the original, i guess they think, “Well, hell, they loved the original, they will love this Twist on it”. FOR SHAME! where did the art of perfumery go? i am all for Young this and Fruity that as long as someone is trying to create something NEW, but all this Incestual raping of an original idea just to turn a quick buck sickens me! Think of all the fragrances that could have been forumlated, or perhaps only maybe one GLORIOUS Fragrance could have been created if they had devoted the time that they devoted to these Trifling flankers like Omnia Amytheste or Crystalline or Bvlgari Pour Femme Rose Essentielle or Blv Notte…. EGADS! Believe me, I will NOT be one of the people to file in line to smell this Perversion! if you ask me they can take this fragrance and all like it and Stick 'em where the Sun don't Shine! :-)

24. Anonymous says:

I don't know that they're calling this one a flanker to Pour Femme, although maybe they are. At any rate, I'll file in line to smell it — I'll take a dark jasmine flanker over anything young & fruity any day.

25. Anonymous says:

ok
    um
    Jasmine Noir sounds nothing short of AMAZING.

26. Anonymous says:

:-)

27. Anonymous says:

Alrighty Rip Van Winkle, guess you've been asleep the past few years? :-P

28. Anonymous says:

This is wonderful! I was in my local Nordy's and they had a tester and are doing presale for it so I sprayed some and received a complement right away from a young gal who said it smells a little on the masculine side kind of like Tom Ford Black Orchid. I thought is was very unique and definately a dark woody jasime. I think I will wait until it shows up at the discounters as I cannot justify a full price purchase.

29. Anonymous says:

Hmm, wondering when Jasmine Noir will show in my neck of the woods… sounds like something I may actually want to wear.

The Daisy Fuentes sounds like they took Bronze Goddess' note list, split it in two and made two fragrances out of that.

Note to all dull, unimaginative companies now featuring coconut, tiare, citrus, cardamom and sandalwood or similar – Tom Ford and Estee Lauder did it FIRST!

AS / BG is the new Light Blue – soon every house will have its own imitation, how sad is that?!

Can someone help me list all Light Blue smell-alikes:

Arpege by Lanvin

I Love Love by Moschino

Dior Addict Shine

Divine Paradise by Chupa Chups (yes)

Salvador Dali, the one with the Blue Lips

Salvatore Ferragamo Incanto Charms

etc etc.

Robin, how about a thread with fragrance smell-alikes?

30. Anonymous says:

…but how do you really feel?

31. Anonymous says:

Goody goody! So glad to hear it is nice.

32. Anonymous says:

Hey, in all fairness, I don't think EL/TF invented that mixture at all…it's been around in various monoi scents for years. EL/TF just did it better :-)

Yes, that would be a good poll…we'll have to try that one day.

33. Anonymous says:

I just got back from my local Nordies, they will get it late July, no tester until first week of July…. :(

Quietly sulking…..

34. Anonymous says:

I am so surprised! They even had it covered in a case and I had to ask the SA to try it and so she sprayed it on me, as if it was a fine piece of jewelry and I was guarded. It was funny.

35. Anonymous says:

Drat!

36. Anonymous says:

A dark jasmine sounds lovely. Speaking of something smelling of jasmine, can someone comment on LUSH's jasmine shampoo bar?

37. Anonymous says:

Btw, I cannot stand Light Blue! I liked the comments in Perfumes: The Guide about it. “If you hate fragrance, you're probably on your fourth bottle.”

38. Anonymous says:

I have not tried the jasmine shampoo bar, but I'd like to! I do like the jasmine Fluff Ease stuff.

39. Anonymous says:

Our store got it in as well – no case, it's just sitting on our work counter/island for anyone to try. It's very jasminy; lots of woods, very nice dry down. The green sap hits me right in the beginning – which I don't like – but then it dries back and the woods and jasmine really come out. It is only sweet in the very beginning, and not cloyingly so. I really liked it until I tried the Sensuous. But, I'm not a fan of the green sap. And it is nothing, nothing like Jasmine Essentiale.

40. Anonymous says:

Oops, just asked you how you liked it in another thread. Green sap sounds right up my alley!

41. Anonymous says:

I think you will really like it! I love the dry down. And I think this will be part of my Fall collection.